Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 05:39 PM

145 posts, read 247,354 times

Advertisements

Yeah, that's right with a Z.

You know it's coming. It's just a question of time. Maybe a week or so and they'll start throwing that new number out and most Americans will be going cluelessly, "duh, ..OK" because the average American taxpayer has already lost track of what these numbers mean way back when we were still in the Billions.

Coming up after that: Kachillions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 05:42 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,464,294 times
AND it will be off limits for we the people to look at...

Dirty Secret Of The Bailout: Thirty-Two Words That None Dare Utter

Old 09-22-2008, 05:53 PM

145 posts, read 247,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
AND it will be off limits for we the people to look at...

Dirty Secret Of The Bailout: Thirty-Two Words That None Dare Utter

Key portion of the article you linked to:
"Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."

This is outrage after outrage after outrage already. I think I'm becoming comfortably numb.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:17 PM

564 posts, read 892,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talibanic View Post
Key portion of the article you linked to:
"Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency."

This is outrage after outrage after outrage already. I think I'm becoming comfortably numb.

Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.

What in the hell is this? Get outta jail free card for my buds--Oh no you don't NO WAY, if this bill passes with this language in it "Fire all of them, fire every mother------ one of them" This aint 1913! You won't ever get away with this s--- again. Why is the news not reporting this? CONSPIRACY I tell you! C-O-N-S-P-I-R-A-C-Y to defraud the U.S. taxpayer and take full control of our system, with the treasury dept. able to do whatever it wants and protect whomever it wants--"HELL NO"

This is TREASON! Time to get the ropes out.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,536 times
I don't know why the rich get to keep their millions and we the middle class who barely gets by has their debts loaded on top of us. I thought we lived in a fair society but we are more Communist than China is.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:49 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
I think we know that without a doubt the priority in this nation is to bail out rich people and their companies who trafficked in bad loans over poor people who need health care who can just go on suffering because we feel that the idea that health care for everyone, especially the poor, should be looked upon as profoundly wrong and immoral as well as something we just can't afford.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM

564 posts, read 892,821 times
The man who should be our next president speaks common sense on the 19th of sept. in case you missed it.

YouTube - World Economy. RON PAUL on CNN. Sep 19.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:17 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Paul is on of the very few Republicans I can admire. America is at peril if it absolutely refuses to take him seriously.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times
Every day the news get worse & it is very possible that people with IRA's \stock savings will lose big time. Houses will continue to decline in worth while gas prices are forecast to spike worse than last winter. Unemployment is predicted to climb as job losses worsen. Our national debt is being put on the inter-national market with other countries unable to afford our debt.

I think it will be tough times for several more years

Old 09-23-2008, 06:24 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,796,220 times
Zillions... eleventy of them, even!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies