Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 04:38 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
Feminism has a bad rap because we live in a male dominated society and they don't want their females getting out of line.
Oh, are you feeling oppressed by our "male dominated society"? Ohhh, you poooor baby!

You are looking at the world through a radical feminist's eyes, which is a victim mindset. It doesn't accurately reflect reality, and it also isn't the answer because the unintended consequence of that ideology is the destruction of the family and the emasculation of men. I don't think most women really want that, and neither do most males I know.

Did you see my previous post pointing out the sexual harassment double standard in the workplace? It's no big surprise to me that many females are not willing to admit or acknowledge to this double standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 05:11 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,104 times
Im only intimidated by Women because I am aware that
they are a higher species than males.
Think of a world in which Women were the predominant force in
the way the society evolved. It would be much better than
what we suffer, currently.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:23 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Im only intimidated by Women because I am aware that
they are a higher species than males.
Think of a world in which Women were the predominant force in
the way the society evolved. It would be much better than
what we suffer, currently.
you mean like black widows that eat the male after they mate?

Old 07-02-2007, 06:05 PM

451 posts, read 835,457 times
Quote:
Feminism has a bad rap because we live in a male dominated society and they don't want their females getting out of line.
"Their females getting out line" LoL What century are you from?

In case you haven't noticed "You've come along way baby"

Puff on those virgina slims and enjoy life.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:16 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
Oh, are you feeling oppressed by our "male dominated society"? Ohhh, you poooor baby!

You are looking at the world through a radical feminist's eyes, which is a victim mindset. It doesn't accurately reflect reality, and it also isn't the answer because the unintended consequence of that ideology is the destruction of the family and the emasculation of men. I don't think most women really want that, and neither do most males I know.

Did you see my previous post pointing out the sexual harassment double standard in the workplace? It's no big surprise to me that many females are not willing to admit or acknowledge to this double standard.
Is this your way of trying to deny that we live in a patriarchal society?

Old 07-02-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Is this your way of trying to deny that we live in a patriarchal society?
Not denying anything. We trended towards an matriarchial society through the 80s and 90s (especially in schools and universities) where they shame men for naturally being men. Not everywhere, but this is what I've seen in a lot of places.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:23 PM

467 posts, read 324,723 times
So DC:

The "unintended consequences" of a woman feeling like a victim is that the family is destroyed and men are emasculated. Very interesting - WHY?????

I completely don't understand your argument that if a woman stands up for herself and refuses to be treated as a second class citizen that somehow destroys families and emasculates men. I think I've mentioned my very masculine husband and our very healthy 19 year marriage????

I can't think of one woman I know who thinks it is okay for men to be mistreated in the workplace. I agree that there shouldn't be a double standard. SExual harassment is wrong all the way around.

I also have to disagree with the victim mindset. I guess I'm glad for you that you won't wake up tomorrow in a world where your gender outnumbers the other, you graduate high school and college at a higher rate than the other gender, and yet you hold less high level jobs than the other and make less dollar for dollar than your counterpart of the other gender. Huzzah for you. Now, does that seem like a world you'd be happy as a clam to inhabit?

I don't feel like a "victim". I just recognize the reality of my world and do everything I can to fight it.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:24 PM

467 posts, read 324,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
Not denying anything. We trended towards an matriarchial society through the 80s and 90s (especially in schools and universities) where they shame men for naturally being men. Not everywhere, but this is what I've seen in a lot of places.
WHAT are you talking about?

Old 07-02-2007, 07:25 PM

Toninole, you're taking my viewpoint too far to the other side. I never said that I see women as 2nd class citizens. The problem with radical feminists is that they see MEN as 2nd class citizens.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post
WHAT are you talking about?
Female teachers outnumber their male counterparts by more than 5 to 1. Boys at grade school age especially need a male role model (who is a real gentleMAN himself), not a female one... that is, in order to teach the boys how to handle everything that life throws at them and at the same time be naturally masculine. I think this is self-explanatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies