Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:40 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,137 times

Advertisements

One thing I know about the market. People think they can predict it and tell you what it will do and why, but most are never right. The market worldwide is shaken, and this has nothing, nada to do with Obama. Stop with the mis-information. You are WRONG.

Study the other great depression, and you will find I am right. This wasnt a hickup this was an economic COLLAPSE. No current news will make the market recover as fast as you suggest. All that money we tossed at them with the bail-out and it didn't even push it up much. No president was going to either based on opinion and assumption instead of work-- since he isnt the president yet, you're just superstitiously looking in the wrong place to point a finger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 09:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Obama is reality unless you wish to remove him from his spot in history. Market speculation most certainly includes Presidential policies and any attempt to ignore that is folly.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Obama is reality unless you wish to remove him from his spot in history. Market speculation most certainly includes Presidential policies and any attempt to ignore that is folly.

Study the other great depression, and you will find I am right. This wasnt a hickup this was an economic COLLAPSE. No current news will make the market recover as fast as you suggest. All that money we tossed at them with the bail-out and it didn't even push it up much. No president was going to either based on opinion and assumption instead of work-- since he isnt the president yet, you're just superstitiously looking in the wrong place to point a finger.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:09 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
If I was pointing fingers I would run out of fingers to point.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:14 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
I feel this war is solely responsible for the downfall of the economic situation/failure of this great country.
Well you feel wrong. This is about the ponzi scheme that is entitlements and it's failure to society. You can't give trillions of loans to people that can't pay them back under the guise of "economic justice".

Old 11-20-2008, 10:17 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
People think they can predict it and tell you what it will do and why, but most are never right.
Quote:
No current news will make the market recover as fast as you suggest.
You contradict youreself within your very own post. You say no one can predict market behavior, then you tell us you know how the market should behave in the current crisis. Sheesh.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:18 PM

I really have to ask you anyways.. since the current fall is a fall down from a BUBBLE falsely created to keep us chugging along while bush ran up inflation and nation debt with his war (I saw it coming when Bush lowered the interest rate)... Does anyone expect us to recover unless we UNDUE step by step what Bush did and all the other things that caused this? Its not going back to pre-bubble bust anytime soon unless another FALSE bubble is made. We just need to get over that thought.

We need a stablize the economy and get back to work, and end these wars. End of story.
Those that ride the market up and down on NEWS are doing nothing but not living in reality and gambling anyways.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
You contradict youreself within your very own post. You say no one can predict market behavior, then you tell us you know how the market should behave in the current crisis. Sheesh.
go drink some moose blood, get off my t's.
Stop picking parts out of my post to slam me with out of context.

But there is the option you're just insanely as dumb as Palin and didnt understand what I was talking about. People who understand anything about the market, got what I way saying. Either way, get off me with the qouting out of context slams, if you can not speak to me or present an arguement without them I suggest you find another hobby because it will get you ignored rather quickly.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:30 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
go drink some moose blood, get off my t's.
Stop picking parts out of my post to slam me with out of context..
I'm not slamming you. Your own words are doing that every time you post.

Quote:
But there is the option you're just insanely as dumb as Palin .
Insults and...

Quote:
I suggest you find another hobby because it will get you ignored rather quickly.
...threats are how you choose to express yourself.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Please watch and learn:

Watch the contempt from Fox News for Peter Schiff over the past two years:

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan (November 13, 2008) - Vindication
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies