Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 06:37 AM

609 posts, read 1,174,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
How ironic. No doubt those who are up in arms about teaching intelligent design vs. evolution in schools, demanding only "scientific" truth be taught, are the same one's who don't give a rat's a*s about what one's true gender might be. Doublespeak. What's a poor rational soul to think?
i know eh... you obviously have the left who are fighting for 'real science" to be taught (which i completely agree, cause intleligent design or any other like ceationism is crap) yet when it comes to a scientific fact, embedded in the genetics as to if they are truly, biologically a "man" or "women" they overlook it. they are willing to be "nice" and "accepting" even if that means pushing aside true proven science..

thats unfortunate.. just like in canada now same sex couples are "fighting for the right" to have both thier names on the childs birth certificate under "birth parents".. yet again the nice accepting left is fast to support this, and overlook a scientific fact that in artificial insemination there is still a father, a birth.. but hey dont ask me! read a grade 9 science text book, tis all there. no need to look any further or go to university for x many years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 06:50 AM
JGY

347 posts, read 419,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastersteve View Post
I wonder in California, if a girl is married to a guy who has a sex change to a woman, would this make it a lesbian relationship and annul the marriage under Prop 8.
I also wonder why anyone outside of that relationship would think it's any of their business.

I am not sure, but you do bring up a very good point.

But why just California? There are what 29 other states where gay marriage is banned also.

It does seem to me that if you change your sex legally, then you would be annulling your marriage in a de facto type way.

Someday I can see a case like this making the media spotlight.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:22 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Ask any transgender person to look at their fingernails. A TRUE male ror female will look at their fingertips differently. A Female will stick out her hand horizontely to look at the nails whereas a male will curl his fingers into a fist position to see his nails. A female turned to male will continue to wear earings ( a trait never forgotten). Am I right or wrong?.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:27 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Ask any transgender person to look at their fingernails. A TRUE male ror female will look at their fingertips differently. A Female will stick out her hand horizontely to look at the nails whereas a male will curl his fingers into a fist position to see his nails. A female turned to male will continue to wear earings ( a trait never forgotten). Am I right or wrong?.
And here all this time I thoght that it would only matter as who was on top in bed

Old 11-23-2008, 12:00 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
its their own demise.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-09-2015 at 04:52 AM..

Old 11-23-2008, 12:10 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Let the mutants be mutants... its their own demise.
Just aquestion for ya there JTraik,

What if that person was born a Hermaphrodite, are they mutants then? thats where nature took a little detour, its not thier fault.

just asking, thats all.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:12 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
I think not....

i gave one solid arguemnts. one was that a man and women have different sex chromosomes, the main thing that seperates us. so if you gave an operation to a dog, and gave it a more horselike sexual appendage as well as gave it a more horselike appearence, is it a horse?? of course not! looka t the chromosomes.. so why then would making a women look like a man be any different??
Chromosomes aren't apparent when a baby is born with deceptive genitalia. Doctors pronouncing this is a girl/boy, only to have other developments make themselves known down the road when gender socialization has already taken place... psychological struggle not only for the child in question but for the whole family and their community. I think there isn't much known among the masses about root causes; what makes someone gay vs straight, or what necessitates gender reassignment. I think brain patterns that aren't lining up with gender expression in the greater world culture are going to be the education we all need. I'm suspecting chromosomes aren't the definitive answer.

Science needs to step up dispassionately here. Religion and politics have done so much damage not only to individuals suffering with identity crisis, but also having those not in confused state inflicting themselves on these folks with superstition and irrational hatred. I've heard gays angry at being treated like a 'science project' and I understand that religious/political ideologies have been used under the guise of science to inflict harm. I wish they'd realize that the lack of information/ understanding about what makes someone gay is what fuels irrational behavior coming from those considered normal in our world culture.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:19 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Just aquestion for ya there JTraik,

What if that person was born a Hermaphrodite, are they mutants then? thats where nature took a little detour, its not thier fault.

just asking, thats all.
Why would they not be a mutant? That is probably one of the best examples of mutation with humans.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:13 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post

thats unfortunate.. just like in canada now same sex couples are "fighting for the right" to have both thier names on the childs birth certificate under "birth parents".. yet again the nice accepting left is fast to support this, and overlook a scientific fact that in artificial insemination there is still a father, a birth.. but hey dont ask me! read a grade 9 science text book, tis all there. no need to look any further or go to university for x many years
When you separate yourself from politics you'll see that a birth certificate is serving many purposes. It's serving as a claim of guardianship (responsibility), establishing identity, national origin, and it's also serving to track down genetics in light of health care advances. Adopted children are often at a disadvantage not having a basis of familial genetics to help out with diagnostics.
Perhaps the real solution is to have a comprehensive birth certificate? That's presuming you aren't using this issue to further a pre conceived agenda in light of the contempt in your language.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:36 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Uhh, considering I'm female and I've looked at my nails by curling my fingers all my life, somehow I doubt this holds water. It probably has more to do with whether the person has long nails or not (which I don't).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies