Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 04:01 PM

348 posts, read 502,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
I will give an example of the homosexual mentality.

I was woking on a childrens rights campaign against child abuse. There were many gay members who initially were supportive of helping the children.

Once they found out I was a born again christian, the harassment ensued. Every conversation about protecting children ended up going in some gay direction. I asked them to put aside their sexual interests in order to work for childrens welfare. But they could not stop, they continually harassed, not only me, but my wife.

I had never once said anything negative about homosexuality during this time, they simply could not allow their burning hatred for born again chrisitans to chill out long enough to help the children. The movement imploded, yet some of those members still harass me to this day.
I wonder what could have triggered the burning hatred you talk of? Christians being too kind and supportive over the years, maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
they already had equal rights in california, albeit separate but equal. They have an idealogical agenda to force everyone to accept them at the expense of free speech and democratic voting processes.
Just like black people in the 1960s you mean?

Incidentally, I was beginning to feel some sympathy for you, JGY as I left this thread, but what do I find on the next one I looked at - you dropping your self-righteous guard and using the word 'deviant' for gay people. Not very nice of you, is it?

Quote:
Posted by JGY
But it is not funny when issues like this are being used to change our laws and our traditions to appease a deviant sector of society.

Last edited by brianrees; 11-22-2008 at 04:34 PM..

Old 11-22-2008, 05:49 PM
JGY JGY started this thread

347 posts, read 419,579 times
Hey, I just call it as I see it.

And to equate blacks with gays is reprehensible, blacks were born black, gays were not.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:52 PM

83 posts, read 271,165 times
Quote:

And to equate blacks with gays is reprehensible, blacks were born black, gays were not.
However, all studies have shown that sexual orientation is determined at birth. If you could accept this, would you still find it "reprehensible" to equate your attitude towards gays with the attitude towards blacks in the 1960s?

Old 11-22-2008, 08:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:

I wonder how many straight people would say that they weren't "born straight", and that being heterosexual was a conscious decision they made.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:28 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
It is very simple, they want their sexuality to trump everything--tradition, law, religion. They demand acceptance, even at the expense of free speech.

Everything else is just a matter of procedure.
You seem to be speaking with the self assurance of an insider.

I guess you're gay then?

Old 11-22-2008, 08:33 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post
New word - agains't....?

You learn somethin new every day from people with educated minds...
Sorry, is that the best you can do? I remember kids doing that in the 3rd grade when they couldn't come up with anything better. Your so smart.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
You seem to be speaking with the self assurance of an insider.

I guess you're gay then?

Yes, I am kind of an insider, as I have wrestled with same sex attraction issues at various points in my life.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:40 AM

Quote:

That isn't the educated opinion though, is it?

Anyway, even if being gay is a choice, you STILL have no right to criticise that choice in a free society. What do you want to see in your country... another Soviet-style regime that used to send gays to labour camps, or pretended we didn't exist in the first place?

That's the Christian way to deal with minorities, then, according to you?

Old 11-23-2008, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kweens View Post
However, all studies have shown that sexual orientation is determined at birth. If you could accept this, would you still find it "reprehensible" to equate your attitude towards gays with the attitude towards blacks in the 1960s?

But this is simply not so, the studies are not in agreement and on top of that, some of the studies seem to indicate a combination of factors both nature and nurture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies