Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 07:25 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,746,705 times

Advertisements

Have any of you anti-gay lifestyle folks ever considered that perhaps the ability to love someone of the same sex is merely an evolutionary component of birth control? We're already squeezing all the life off of the planet by virtue of our inability (or lack of desire) to limit the addition of new humans to the planet. Personally, I think that it's a hypothesis which begs for more research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 07:25 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Maybe it is time to update YOUR biology reading, because homosexuality among animals is as normal as it is for us humans.

Homosexual Activity Among Animals Stirs Debate
That is a load of BS, a theory made up by Gay scientists.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Quote:
The species is best characterized as female-centered and egalitarian and as one that substitutes sex for aggression. Whereas in most other species sexual behavior is a fairly distinct category, in the bonobo it is part and parcel of social relations--and not just between males and females. Bonobos engage in sex in virtually every partner combination (although such contact among close family members may be suppressed). And sexual interactions occur more often among bonobos than among other primates. Despite the frequency of sex, the bonobo's rate of reproduction in the wild is about the same as that of the chimpanzee. A female gives birth to a single infant at intervals of between five and six years. So bonobos share at least one very important characteristic with our own species, namely, a partial separation between sex and reproduction.
http://songweaver.com/info/bonobos.html

It's called RESEARCH! You ought to try it sometime. You'd be amazed at the volumes of information right out there on the internet, right at your fingertips.

It's a mind boggling thing.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:42 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Bonobo Sex and Society

It's called RESEARCH! You ought to try it sometime. You'd be amazed at the volumes of information right out there on the internet, right at your fingertips.

It's a mind boggling thing.
Anything to justify ones actions, we are not monkeys, a male monkey will punk another to show whos boss, just like a man in prison, animals have mental problems also. It's all about logic and common sense, two men or women are not built to have sex with each other justify it anyway you want, it is not normal.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:43 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,633,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
No, that is it. It's that uncomplicated.

A marriage certificate is a piece of paper with a word on it. Heterosexual life-long "partners" can get by just fine without it. Why can't gay couples? Because it's a "here WE are and SUCK it up" smack down...which I'm assuming is mostly directed at the religious crazy-types but TRUST ME, you're losing those who really could have cared LESS or were OK with gay marriage when the entire issue started.

The people voted. Not once, but twice. I don't understand the "right" to vote when the opposing side doesn't like it so they keep pushing and pushing and pushing until people get so sick and tired of the issue, they don't vote anymore. Is that the intent?

As a side...the "individual of your choice" may be your sister, brother, mother or father...watch the words you use in your "individual of choice" argument.
Why can't gay couples? Because with heterosexual couples, they have the ability to choose whether or not to be married. Gay couples cannot choose this. Also, that little piece of paper confers legal rights onto the couple that live ins just don't have. As I have said in the past....I may like my mil, but I wouldnot like it if she had more rights to my dh than I did. Would you?

Old 11-24-2008, 07:46 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,379,073 times
Quote:
Anything to justify ones actions, we are not monkeys, a male monkey will punk another to show whos boss, just like a man in prison, animals have mental problems also. It's all about logic and common sense, two men or women are not built to have sex with each other justify it anyway you want, it is not normal.
A) Science is about observation. Homosexuality has been observed in the animal kingdom.

B) Once again, what do you care anyway? No one said you had to be gay, too.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:49 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,698,388 times
Quote:
Sure, and that's why it was published by the National Geographic Magazine, one of the most respected institutions of science in our country.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:52 AM

594 posts, read 1,043,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
B) Once again, what do you care anyway? No one said you had to be gay, too.
This is the question I've been asking my fellow Christians, and have yet to receive a satisfactory answer.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Oh, but to the contrary.

We ARE monkeys.

We are of the same family and species as the great apes (of which chimps are one) and we share 97% of our DNA with them. Only a minute 3% makes us different.

Sex is not always about procreation. If you people would get that out of your brains, then maybe you'd stop having more children than the planet can bear.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:32 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,341,979 times
Quote:
And, who are you to decide what's "normal"? Do you have some special insight telling you that there are only certain members of the human race who are "normal"?

God made us all - I don't think he'd like you to tell some of his creatures that they are not "normal".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies