Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 11:08 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,118,359 times

Advertisements

I'm thowing in the towel. Its getting as tight in this thread as a politician wallet or as water tight as a frogs butt, when they start jumping on the Bible THUMPING Band Wagon.
Just go out and have fun, try it all at least once in your life. And if your not cool with it, then so be it. Just remember to, "never go to a preacher for sex info, only spiritual guidance" it will be like talking to your parents. Not good at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 11:09 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,353,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I knew it was a waste of band width to try to give any polite considerate post to the questions. Some peoples fingers flow with a diarheaial discharge of sarcasm and hate............I done with this one...
Hmmm... Because they don't agree with you?

Old 11-24-2008, 11:12 AM

5,280 posts, read 5,211,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekitor View Post
So what is normal in you eyes? People are born white or black, people are born righ handed and left handed, people are born blue eyes and people have dark eyes, people are born gay and people are born straight. It is all part of nature. There is nothing abnormal about what nature has done. That is what it created. So did God, if you are very religious. Nature or God created these different things and you just have to learn to accept it. You can have religious people screaming and denouncing, but at the end of the day, gay people are still going to be born. Nothing can change it. You don't have to like them, like you don't like someone with dark skin, blond hair, or left handed, but they will still be among us, so you just have to live and let live.
Amen, stated about as well as one can state it.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:30 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,322,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
No one can MAKE you believe anything. Consequently, I don't understand why you're so defensive.
I'm not defensive at all, I don't care what you do, just don't try to make me accept it as normal behaivior.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekitor View Post
So what is normal in you eyes? People are born white or black, people are born righ handed and left handed, people are born blue eyes and people have dark eyes, people are born gay and people are born straight. It is all part of nature. There is nothing abnormal about what nature has done. That is what it created. So did God, if you are very religious. Nature or God created these different things and you just have to learn to accept it. You can have religious people screaming and denouncing, but at the end of the day, gay people are still going to be born. Nothing can change it. You don't have to like them, like you don't like someone with dark skin, blond hair, or left handed, but they will still be among us, so you just have to live and let live.
You are not born that way and there is zero proof that you are, I don't care but you need to face the truth and own up to it, stop trying to make people accept your lifes are normal and just get on with your lives.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Seems very normal to me, in fact, much more normal than w/ the opposite sex. Again, normal is only really relavant to you.
If you need to believe that then fine.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:39 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,353,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
If you need to believe that then fine.
And if you need to believe your way is the only way, that's fine too. Me? I'm all for live and let live.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
And you obviously use that logic and common sense to avoid subjects which can be scientifically dissected and proven.

I'm not comparing myself to primates. I AM a primate and so are you.

Scientific classification - Homo sapien sapien
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae
Subfamily: Homininae
Tribe: Hominini
Subtribe: Hominina
Genus: Homo
Species: Homo sapien
Subspecies: Homo sapien sapien
~Linnaeus, 1758

The chimpanzee and human genomes are more than 98% identical, but there are a few short DNA sequences that have changed significantly in humans since the two species diverged about 5 million years ago (see Pollard et al., PLoS Genetics: Forces Shaping the Fastest Evolving Regions in the Human Genome). These 'Human Accelerated Regions' (HARs) provide clues into our evolution.

Most of the big differences between human and chimpanzee DNA lie in regions that do not code for genes, according to a new study. Instead, they may contain DNA sequences that control how gene-coding regions are activated and read.

Human and chimpanzee DNA compared

Please, do continue to use ad hominem attacks against those who are different than you are. It makes my job sooooooo much easier!
Yes but we have a brain that allows us to reason, I'm evolved more than a monkey, if a person wants to go back to living in trees then be my guest.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
And if you need to believe your way is the only way, that's fine too. Me? I'm all for live and let live.
Thats the same way I feel, I didn't say it's the only way, I just said it makes sense and is logical. Your free to believe in whatever you want.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:49 AM

479 posts, read 1,440,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
You are not born that way and there is zero proof that you are, I don't care but you need to face the truth and own up to it, stop trying to make people accept your lifes are normal and just get on with your lives.
First of all I am not gay. And I don't see gay people attacking me because I am a Heterosexual. But alot of Heteros, especially the churchy ones, love to attack on gays. Why? Just let them live and enjoy their lifes with all the civil rights that everyone else gets (Yes that includes the right to marry and be happy) and just stop the hate and the preach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies