Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 03:21 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Sounds like you know very few Republicans personally to make a statement such as this. You need to turn off the mainstream media and get out and meet more people.
Being in the south I see plenty of Republicans. They are not hard to spot with their stupid Confederate flags on the bumpers of their trucks. Usually right below the W sticker they have had on there for 4 years.
Not that all rednecks are Republicans:

Rednecks for Obama - Rednecks for Obama

Seen their stickers on bumpers too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 03:23 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Being in the south I see plenty of Republicans. They are not hard to spot with their stupid Confederate flags on the bumpers of their trucks. Usually right below the W sticker they have had on there for 4 years.
Not that all rednecks are Republicans:

Rednecks for Obama - Rednecks for Obama

Seen their stickers on bumpers too!
Do you personally know any Republicans? I'm not talking about observing strangers driving with conferate flags.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:28 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
I know a bunch, some of my best friends are Republicans but I wouldn't want my daughter marrying any of them.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:44 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
If you read some other accounts of this story other than the slant of a writer appearing in the LA Times which is owned by the Chicago Tribune....it isn't quite so theatrical. The sheriff of the town of 13,000 where this happened said "This is not what I would call an established Klan group," he said. "The Klan has a pretty high association with violence. Some of these guys are just crooks, sociopaths."

I'm not minimizing the retardedness of the situation, I'm only saying that this reporter is making more out of it than what actually happened.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:50 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
If you read some other accounts of this story other than the slant of a writer appearing in the LA Times which is owned by the Chicago Tribune....it isn't quite so theatrical. The sheriff of the town of 13,000 where this happened said "This is not what I would call an established Klan group," he said. "The Klan has a pretty high association with violence. Some of these guys are just crooks, sociopaths."

I'm not minimizing the retardedness of the situation, I'm only saying that this reporter is making more out of it than what actually happened.
The news media is notorious for sensationalizing stuff. I sure do pray that the KKK crawls back under the rock it came from. Life is too short for hatred.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:17 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
As I stated before the election, this would happen. The Republicans are very vile and violent people when they don't always get their way. I fully expect them to join the Klan, the Nazis and the militia groups. And they will probably try to blow up a few churches and government buildings too.
The thing is that hopefully Eric Holder will go hard after such terrorist organizations using the Patriot Act and the RICCO laws. It would certainly be delicious to see the Republican's pet law used against them!
When did the subject of "Republicans" enter the conversation? Republicans are not synonymous with the KKK.

With the statement above, you've demonstrated that you're every bit as bigoted and intolerant as the KKK themselves. Congratulations!

Quote:
There is NO doubt that somebody will try to kill President Obama. Probably before he can be sworn in. I would put the probability at 96%.
Out of curiosity, how'd you arrive at that number? Gotta show your work if you want the extra credit.

Saying that someone's plotting to assassinate the President is like saying that grass is green. There's ALWAYS people plotting against the President. There's ALWAYS nations that are trying to figure out how to do it without taking the blame.

You guys are real rocket scientists for figuring that one out.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:45 PM

362 posts, read 589,652 times
i think a lot of it is done by liberal whites and blacks seeking publicity and to get the government to confiscate guns

Old 11-23-2008, 08:00 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
i think a lot of it is done by liberal whites and blacks seeking publicity and to get the government to confiscate guns
They're burning crosses and effigies of Obama... to get the gov't to confiscate guns?

Come on.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:25 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The Ku Klux Klan is emerging from decades of disorganization and obscurity, and the turnaround is acutely evident -- more than 200 hate-related incidents have been reported since the Nov. 4 election.

Reporting from Bogalusa, La. -- Barely three weeks after Americans elected their first black president amid a wave of interracial good feeling, a spasm of noose hangings, racist graffiti, vandalism and death threats is convulsing dozens of towns across the country as white extremists lash out at the new political order.

More than 200 hate-related incidents, including cross burnings, assassination betting pools and effigies of President-elect Barack Obama, have been reported so far, according to law enforcement authorities and the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate groups. Racist websites, meanwhile, have been boasting that their servers are crashing under the weight of an exponential increase in page views.

Even more ominously, America's most potent symbol of racial hatred, the Ku Klux Klan, has begun to reassert itself, emerging from decades of disorganization and obscurity in a spate of recent violence.

More: White extremists lash out over election of first black president - Los Angeles Times
Proof that they are supremely undemocratic and therefore anti-American.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:35 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
I bet if edgar racist hoover was alive today he be up to his old tricks he most likely fire all the black fbi agents and make it all elite again'

cointelpro-black hate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies