Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 06:13 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post
Generally I think the Right is more self-righteous, but now that they're losing favor with the American public (thank God!)

Liberals, I urge you not to become like the conservatives. We are not and should never be self-righteous, holier-than-thou bigots.

Peace.
This would be funny if it weren't so pitifully delusional. Talk about self-righteous, holier-than-thou, bigotry.

Peace off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 06:40 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,924 times
Quote:
Generally I think the Right is more self-righteous, but now that they're losing favor with the American public (thank God!), less people are buying it.

I hope this doesn't make the Left more self-righteous. I can already kind of see it, for example I believe some liberals believe that all racist and sexist people, and corrupt CEOs should die, which disappoints me because for me, being a liberal has always been about not only helping the little guy, but showing mercy to your enemies.

Groups like PETA for example turn me off, or the more postmodern liberals who believe people should just embrace their inner animal instincts. I think people have the potential to evolve into a peaceful race, and we will not allow ourselves to degenerate into some relativist postmodern primitive society where anyone's opinion is both right and wrong and there is no meaning to life.

Liberals, I urge you not to become like the conservatives. We are not and should never be self-righteous, holier-than-thou bigots.

Peace.
Well look at me, I'm not self righteous, I'm better than them.

It should do more than "disappoint" you but at least it's a start. And this is nothing new, the intolerant left have always been this way. It's only now that some people are discovering they took over the Democrat party.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:03 AM

524 posts, read 942,113 times
Quote:
Groups like PETA for example turn me off, or the more postmodern liberals who believe people should just embrace their inner animal instincts.
Well, we have two things in common.

Quote:
Generally I think the Right is more self-righteous, but now that they're losing favor with the American public (thank God!), less people are buying it.

I am going to try to break some points down... I am not looking for a fight. Please try to have an honest debate.

I travel a lot in my job... all over the U.S. primarily, but I also do a lot of traveling over seas... I am going to Nigeria in 3 months.

The actual definition and practice of Liberalism varies across the U.S. Even on this forum people will brag about being open-minded and Liberal and anyone that posts something contrary to their beliefs is immediately attacked. What is so peaceful and open-minded about that?

Quote:
I hope this doesn't make the Left more self-righteous.
The Left is very self-righeous! The Liberals in America are not like the Liberals in most other countries. In those countries in is a lot like the way America used to be... Liberalism was for the little guy. The well-being of individuals can best be advanced by liberating their entrepreneurial freedoms, free trade, free market solutions to everything, and property rights. But the Left in America has been supporting the opposite of all of that! Listen to JFK's speeches... he sounds like a right-wing fanatic nowadays! In the United States of America being Liberal means many different things to many different people.

Social liberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
I can already kind of see it, for example I believe some liberals believe that all racist and sexist people, and corrupt CEOs should die... I think people have the potential to evolve into a peaceful race, and we will not allow ourselves to degenerate into some relativist postmodern primitive society where anyone's opinion is both right and wrong and there is no meaning to life.
Apparently, you have seen some of it yourself. I lost a good friend over his extreme Liberalism... (and it is Liberalism in America)

We met on the set of a movie. We became instant best friends. We were alike in almost every way... except he came from money and I did not. We both liked to make people laugh and our humor was very similar yet just different enough to compliment each other.

One day he made a very negative comment about the United States of America and I was shocked to find out that it was his beliefs. I was raised very patrioic and it was at this point that I found out that he has always hated this country. I tried to stop the rant and "agree to just dis-agree" but when he found out I was Conservative... in his mind I became everything that is wrong with this country and HE could not get past it!

I was a stuntman for the entertainment industry and he immediately went around to everybody and told them that I was Conservative and people who were my friend one day... were attacking me the next. You can see examples of that here on the City-Data forum.

I debate a lot of people who say Liberals are more cultured than Conservatives... how is that statement open-minded? I am very well travelled... so am I Conservative and cultured?

Quote:
Liberals, I urge you not to become like the conservatives. We are not and should never be self-righteous, holier-than-thou bigots. Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies