Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gays have their own thread with no posting on politics and contoversies
yes 61 56.48%
no 48 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:17 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times

Advertisements

I'll give you a cat....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 09:20 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
What is going on w/schtyk? Am I the only one baffled by his existence on this forum? Humorous, amusing, but not really engaging for I cannot decipher his posts.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:23 PM

540 posts, read 630,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yeah, right.

Maybe you two could come up with a new poll, something less offensive, like, "Should gays become the new American slaves?"
You can trust I'm not that offensive. All my posts regards, have been fair posts. You just simply need to keep it underground. No need to carry it any further than heterosexuals do in the public display. I will offer you an analogy. You accused me earlier of being bigoted as against blacks as well. Read my serious posts, ain't so. Thee are blacks like obama, President of the United States, Condoleeza, Powell, I believe Thomas Sowell to be one of the greatest intellectuals of our day. None of them flaunt their blackness. Then there are those that show their butt crack.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
You just simply need to keep it underground. No need to carry it any further than heterosexuals do in the public display. I will offer you an analogy. You accused me earlier of being bigoted as against blacks as well. Read my serious posts, ain't so. Thee are blacks like obama, President of the United States, Condoleeza, Powell, I believe Thomas Sowell to be one of the greatest intellectuals of our day. None of them flaunt their blackness. Then there are those that show their butt crack.
LOL. What?! Gays need to keep it underground, huh? I think those days are gone, my friend. You better come up with a new strategy.

And I don't think I accused you of being bigoted against black. But I do think that you're highly "medicated" right now.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
LOL. What?! Gays need to keep it underground, huh? I think those days are gone, my friend. You better come up with a new strategy.

And I don't think I accused you of being bigoted against black. But I do think that you're highly "medicated" right now.
It's funny, because as long as gays didn't "stir the pot", no one really had much to say. Of course unless they're just total *******s & then of course any day is free reign on gays, but I digress. As soon as something was put into referendum that was total BS, that was taken away from you guys, & the gay population actually stood up for itself & said "Oh hell no, we're tired of this **** & we're not going to take it anymore", then people accuse gays of "shoving it down their throats". BULL****!!!!! It's about ****ing time that gays stood up for what is equally theirs & **** you people who turn around & call it "shoving it down our throats". It's called equal rights you idiots, not a ****ing vote about the sales tax!

Old 11-24-2008, 09:41 PM

540 posts, read 630,030 times
Woooooo Karfur...whew...that was hot!!!!
I have to go to bed now, some of us have to work in the morning.
Keep me in your dreams Karfur.
A.U.M. Sorry bout your luck.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
It's funny, because as long as gays didn't "stir the pot", no one really had much to say. Of course unless they're just total *******s & then of course any day is free reign on gays, but I digress. As soon as something was put into referendum that was total BS, that was taken away from you guys, & the gay population actually stood up for itself & said "Oh hell no, we're tired of this **** & we're not going to take it anymore", then people accuse gays of "shoving it down their throats". BULL****!!!!! It's about ****ing time that gays stood up for what is equally theirs & **** you people who turn around & call it "shoving it down our throats". It's called equal rights you idiots, not a ****ing vote about the sales tax!
I know! Isn't it crazy? I mean - how much talk was there about gay issues on this board before Election Day? But yeah - take away a group's rights or privileges, or whatever you want to call them, and hell yeah - they'll get mad!

I guess a lot of people thought it was no big deal to invalidate 18,000 marriage licenses in California. And then I guess they found out otherwise.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
the posts are directed to straights not gays.
besides other gays are a hard audience, they will call you on your stuff pdq. not much sympathy there.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I know! Isn't it crazy? I mean - how much talk was there about gay issues on this board before Election Day? But yeah - take away a group's rights or privileges, or whatever you want to call them, and hell yeah - they'll get mad!

I guess a lot of people thought it was no big deal to invalidate 18,000 marriage licenses in California. And then I guess they found out otherwise.
I think what happened was one of the most BS things I've ever heard of. I like politics, I have gone to see Al Gore & Kerry when they were here, but that was about the extent of my political involvement. But when that goddamn PROP8 happened, I just had to get involved, it burned me up so bad & as you know I'm not gay but my very best friend is & I would be devastated if he had to go thru what those couples in CA had to go thru. It is one of the most ****ed up things ever, to give someone something & then take it away because "the moral majority" said so? NO! Sorry for my swearing, it gets the better of me.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
getting in your own face and acting up with youself is just not the same.
what fun is it discussing your sex life with somebody that does the same.
if everybody you talk to is a persecuted minority who will listen to you or feel guilty?
Thank you, Huck. You seem to be saying that there should not be a separate forum for gays. I think it's the first time I've agreed with you on something. Miracles do happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies