Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 10:05 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,304 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 10:11 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,756 times
Wow, the ships of state are really sinking now.....while the crews stand there and watch them flood...

Old 11-26-2008, 10:12 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,897 times
Wow, these heterosexuals and their perversions!!

Old 11-26-2008, 10:13 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
I've heard that inmates view child predators as the lowest of the low. This guy will be raped and beaten every day he is incarcerated unless the guards protect him.

Hopefully, the guards are made aware of what this guy did and stand aside so justice can be administered.
I don't know how the system works in the UK, but in the US pedophiles are universally reviled among inmates.....so much so that they are kept in protective custody and any inmate who 'abuses' a pedophile is subject to harsher punishment then if they beat a drug dealer or murderer.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:35 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I agree that this would be an appropriate case for the application of the death penalty. I've heard of women raising the children conceived as a result of rape. It would certainly take a great deal of personal fortitude to do that. You really have to admire someone who could look past the inhuman act that caused the child to come into the world in order to give the innocent child the love and care they deserve.

I also think that it is a shame that the plight of these women and others like them is so often exploited by the pro-abortion crowd for their own purposes. Include the wrongly decided Roe v. Wade case that took away the rights of all Americans to petition their government about the subject. The entire matter would be settled by reasonable people were it not for the champions of abortion for any reason preventing any intelligent debate or logical restriction via the back-door legislature at the US Supreme Court. The real reason for almost all abortions is birth control. It is not rape or incest as one would be lead to believe by the anti-debate, anti-life crowd.

"For all the symbolic importance of the House of Representatives' move to restore the Federal financing of abortions for poor women when the pregnancy resulted from incest or rape, the practical effect would likely be very limited.
Indeed, in a 1987 survey by the Alan Guttmacher Institute in which abortion patients were asked why they were having an abortion, only 1 percent of the 1,900 women questioned named rape or incest. And 95 percent of those who mentioned rape or incest named other reasons as well for deciding to abort, the institute said."

Rape and Incest: Just 1% of All Abortions - New York Times

"McCorvey, who delivered her baby rather than choosing to abort it, later recanted her story of rape. In the 1980's, McCorvey revealed that she had been pressured by two zealous, pro-abortion attorneys into going along with the case against the state of Texas. The decade that followed saw McCorvey's conversion to christianity and the launch of McCorvey's campaign to undo the damage caused by Roe v. Wade. She is now a leading pro-life advocate.
On the matter of abortion, Ron Paul has issued the following statement:
"The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideals of liberty. My professional and legislative record demonstrates my strong commitment to this pro-life principle."
"In 40 years of medical practice, I never once considered performing an abortion, nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman."

"Jane Roe" Endorses Ron Paul on 35th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade
That 1% article is 20 years old. You realize that most women do not report it as rape or incest as a reason for termination, it's a very hard statistic to track.

I disagree with Ron Paul 100%.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:43 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Wow, these heterosexuals and their perversions!!

So when it's a priest raping a little boy then it's not perverted and perfectly okay? I hope that's not what you're trying to say because that is perhaps the worse defense for gay people of all time.

let's keep it clear

Incest is incest
Rape is rape

Old 11-26-2008, 11:04 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I don't know how the system works in the UK, but in the US pedophiles are universally reviled among inmates.....so much so that they are kept in protective custody and any inmate who 'abuses' a pedophile is subject to harsher punishment then if they beat a drug dealer or murderer.
The guards should actually encourage this, not punish them for it! Heck, think of how much we could save on capital appeals and executions.

Just outsource those duties to the inmates

Old 11-26-2008, 12:55 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
The guards should actually encourage this, not punish them for it! Heck, think of how much we could save on capital appeals and executions.

Just outsource those duties to the inmates
The inmates would be happy to oblige, but the ACLU makes sure the pedophiles are well and truly guarded.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:00 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Exactly. As soon as I read this, I was like "Thank goodness that Sarah Palin is no where near the presidency of the USA."

I am so glad that England is pro choice. At least some a few lives wdid not have to live through this.

The only reason you posted this thread was to continue your whining about Sarah Palin.

Not sure why people are so proud to be pro baby murder.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:00 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
I've heard that inmates view child predators as the lowest of the low. This guy will be raped and beaten every day he is incarcerated unless the guards protect him.

Hopefully, the guards are made aware of what this guy did and stand aside so justice can be administered.

It would just be confirmation that you pick what you plant, no exceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies