Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Thank you. I know I wasn't reading that wrong!
And I second that. Figured I'd let it go, but I'm glad B&B said it.

I'm sure we'll just be called "stupid liberals" or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 08:16 PM

147 posts, read 376,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
It seems like you're the one in the thread who isn't making the distinction.
Well the next time I deficate a butt I'll let you know.

Sorry if my word choice is a little off. It wouldn't be the first thing in this thread that would be considered by most to be off.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:24 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
the Op is nothing but a bigot and hater. and he/she is just reaching for every shred of information to try and present a valid case for his/her bigotry, so that he/she can tell themselves they're the logical one and are not a bigot. The fact that true science and biology are expanding and providing more and more answers to parenting, and homosexuality creates a huge bon fire burning a hole through the christian communities arguments. And now an attempt to reach for any and every little study done by bigots, for bigots, to promote a bigoted agenda, only adds fuel to that bon fire, rather than stamping it out. Faith is a strong draw, because it is based on emotion. People who have faith believe in things because they emotionally feel it's right. And such things like homosexuality, coupled with scientific advancements, is seen as an enemy to these people. Not because they look at a random homosexual and hate them, but because it shatters their little world of "truth" and because that faith based truth is built on emotion, we get hateful, illogical, unreasonable attacks. Its like the crazy boy/girl friend you just broke up with that gets all crazy and psychotic about everything... only to eventually get over it, and never find themeselves as committing any wrong doing.. even so much as to justify it in their minds after the fact, even though they know their actions were wrong. People conducted themselves in the same manner against blacks and the civil rights era, white america got over it, but there were never any official apologies, and many people know now that it was wrong, but continue to justify it in their minds. The same will happen with gays when they get their equality. But I think it should be noted why people like the OP act the way they do, and refuse to see anything other than their point of view, and only validate studies that promote their point of view as well. You can be a bigot and still be a good person, because there is a level of ignorance that plays into being a bigot. And well people can't be judged by what they aren't able to understand. That is why it takes a steady constant push and battle for our rights, as well as showing the general public just what the face of gay america is. Equating the entire gay population to the Folsom Street Fair in SF is all many know and choose to know about it. And really comparing everyone gay to that freak show is like generalizing the entire straight community to some underground swingers and bdsm wife swapping group.
Put everything in proper context. And remember you are talking about human beings and about love when you are talking about homosexuality. Find some humanity within yourself and really challenge yourself to think about it all before you condemn and point a finger while shutting your ears and opening your mouth. That doesn't get anyone anywhere.... its just a lot of noise

Old 11-26-2008, 08:27 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona sunset View Post
Soooo confused!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona sunset
Sorry if my word choice is a little off. It wouldn't be the first thing in this thread that would be considered by most to be off.
Yeah, and we haven't even begun to talk about how unnatural, depraved, and perverted oral sex of ANY kind is! The mouth was NOT made for those sort of purposes. It is unnatural and NOT intended to be done!

Right heteros? (The traditional definition of "sodomy" as understood by our forefathers, by the way, included oral sex of ALL kinds).

Old 11-26-2008, 08:30 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona sunset View Post

Is it necessary that we all spell everything out? I really don't like to talk about sex. But here we go. Straight guys like chicks' asses. Gay guys like guys' asses. Of course there are exceptions. But you're the one who decided it had something to do with feces. It has nothing to do with feces. My guess is that very few people in the world are turned on by feces.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:46 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginclock View Post
Come on guys, stick to the subject, the scientific study that is the root of the thread. Don't be some uneducated knee-jerk deniers. People come to CD to find educated opinion. If you are unwilling to contribute to the subject of the thread, then kindly don't troll.
OK, so you don't want any trolls. People should stick to the scientific study.

Quote:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

It is not the fault of the heterosexual majority that some people turn out to be homosexual and have obvious mental conflict with the situation. It is not anyone's fault that homos have problems with what is a full-blown abnormal sexual orientation. Gays should be less selfish and stop expecting everyone else to deal with their issues. If I was born with a curved spine or dsylexia or MS, would I burden the others without it with a guilt-trip?

Come on.
Quote:
Gays should NOT be raising children, they cannot produce. It's abusive to the child and the child is forced into an abnormal situation.
Quote:
The gay father and lesbian mother are not a couple under your scenario. This whole discussion is preposterous, keep on coming with it.

Any other type of idea you are talking about involves a surrogate which is artificial. Only the sperm of a male and an egg from a female can produce a child, and two homosexuals can NEVER achieve that.
Where exactly did you discuss the scientific study in these heartless and bigoted rants? The bolded phrase above proves to me that you're only in this for the conflict. Science and reason disappear when there's hatred to be dispensed...

Old 11-26-2008, 08:54 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Soooo confused!!!

Yeah, and we haven't even begun to talk about how unnatural, depraved, and perverted oral sex of ANY kind is! The mouth was NOT made for those sort of purposes. It is unnatural and NOT intended to be done!

Right heteros? (The traditional definition of "sodomy" as understood by our forefathers, by the way, included oral sex of ALL kinds).
I agree wholeheartedly. Oral sex is wrong whether it be the homosexual or heterosexual version.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:01 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
msconnie73 wrote: So anyone who voices a dissenting point of view is considered to be rude? If you are not open to dissent, then you should not be on a forum where these subjects are discussed.
People can disagree all they like. But when someone expresses an opinion as the ONLY RIGHT opinion when they clearly haven't even researched the topic - well, their posts just sound rather ignorant.
I do not hate homosexuals or view them as less than human nor is voicing my opinions against the act of homosexuality bashing them. When I see or hear of someone engaging in dangerous, unhealthy behaviors ...
Here is a prime example of not bothering to become more informed on the topic and thinking you actually KNOW something about homosexuality. And yes, you ARE bashing homosexuals. "Hating the sinner not the sin", is a passive aggressive statement to make your self feel better about disliking homosexuality.

I WILL speak up because I care.
You have a sick way of "caring" . You are trying to tell intelligent adult peopl,e who you clearly know so very little about, that YOU, the self-appointed "expert", know what is best for them. If you truly cared, you'd spend some time researching sexual orientation.

What you are doing is not about caring for someone. It's about trying to CONTROL other people to make them fit your own narrow view of the world, to make yourself feel more "comfortable" with "difference". Telling yourself that it's because you are a "caring" individual is all about stroking your own ego to make yourself feel good.
This is like me speaking out against drug abuse. Some people are born with addictive personalities and cannot help themselves. That does not make it right or beneficial for them to abuse drugs? If I speak out against drug abuse, does that equate to bashing drug abusers?
Once again, you might like to research the topic more before equating homosexuals with addicts or drug abusers. That's just plain insulting.
Also, there is such a thing as right and wrong. Those who ignore the internal compass of right and wrong do so at their own peril. The reason why we have so many problems today is because we left the concepts of right and wrong and accepted the whole moral relativism baloney (What's right for you is not necessarily right for me crap). Whether you believe Christianity is the right way or not, you will find out one day that it is the ONLY way. You can argue until your face is blue but that does not change reality.
So you are saying that YOUR "internal compass" is RIGHT and anyone who disagrees with you has a faulty "internal compass".
I'm sure you'd love to "help" them fix it to make it the same as yours....because you "care".

Maybe you need to stay away from strong magnets.
As far as treating others how I'd like to be treated, if I am stumbling or going down the wrong path, I'd sincerely hope that someone would care enough to set me straight. It's called tough love.
That's not "love" in any way shape or form. Once again, that's trying to CONTROL what other grown ADULTS do and believe to make yourself feel comfortable with your own narrowly defined beliefs.

If you want homosexuals or anyone else to respect your "opinion" on homosexuality and believe that you REALLY care about them, then have the decency to spend some time researching about homosexuality - a topic you clearly know so little about.

Feel free to disagree.

Last edited by Ceist; 11-26-2008 at 10:02 PM..

Old 11-26-2008, 09:02 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
The individuals here claiming that gays are the bad guys because they have all these special rights and want to force their views on everyone else, that they SHOULD be depressed and have STDs, need to go back to how-to-be human school. No matter how wonderful, successful, proper, ethical, well-behaved, and pious a gay person is, they will never be acceptable to these people. Something always has to be wrong with the other person because it's the only way these people can feel good about themselves. They misdirect their self-loathing onto others.

But, you know what? It doesn't matter. I know they're wrong. And until they live a lifetime as a gay person, they will never know anything about it.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:04 PM

73 posts, read 133,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Something always has to be wrong with the other person because it's the only way these people can feel good about themselves. They misdirect their self-loathing to others.
I agree with that. I think that is exactly what you are doing with your post/rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies