Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 03:04 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightWhiteMale View Post
Ain't got one thankfully.
Why, "thankfully"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 03:15 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Aww.. So you're saying that your town has one gay person?
... To my knowledge there is only one adult openly gay person in our town....nice guy that gets along well with everyone and I don't think anyone has ever bothered him or made him feel unwelcome in any way.I actually felt kind of bad after rereading my post later where I called him "our gay district",but he has a good sense of humor so I don't think he would mind on second thought..

One teen is also openly gay here in town,but I think he has a much harder time from what I hear.Kids have a lot less class about what they say sometimes.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:34 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
I live in San Francisco... nuff said. Our official "gay district" is the Castro, which has just about everything you could need or want. That area is primarily gay males, though, and the lesbian neighborhoods are Bernal Heights and Noe Valley - both beautiful and EXPENSIVE places to live. Wish I could afford to live in any of these districts!

Old 11-26-2008, 09:03 PM

41 posts, read 101,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Why, "thankfully"?

Got enough weirdo's around here don't need no homosexuals trying to get little kids to come play with them. this is a very conservative area and i like it that way.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Got enough weirdo's around here don't need no homosexuals trying to get little kids to come play with them.
LOL. Oh man. In the dark.

Better look out for those hetero child molesters too. There's a lot more of 'em.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:16 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Got enough weirdo's around here don't need no homosexuals trying to get little kids to come play with them. this is a very conservative area and i like it that way.
lol I think it's funny that you think there aren't gay people and gay couples in your area because it's conservative.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:44 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
boise doesn't have a gay district, all of the gay clubs are actually right downtown amongst the straight bars and restaurants. When gay districts were the norm, boise was growing and not really a destination for gays. Now downtown is booming with more and more highrises and shops, and everything is a blend of everything. Urban outfitters, anthropologie, North Face are all downtown practically next to the busiest club in town... which is happens to be gay. It is directly up the escalators overlooking downtown streets with other gay and straight bars down below, along with outside dining and the best restaurants in town. I don't know if it is because of boise's size, or if it is part of the new integration of everything. But downtown boise is pretty much anything and everything liberal and artsy and fashonable all blended into one area. its really quit nice. I use to live in seattle where there was downtown and then the pioneer square area for all the straight clubs, and showgirls and strip bars.. and then up on capital hill where all the homo's and gay bars lived and dwelled. It was always so night and day. Boise doesn't have that... the night and day is downtown vs. suburbia.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:59 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre has 551,000+ residents, yet it is still too socially conservative (and sprawled) to have developed its own "gay district." We just mostly hide in the closet and hook-up randomly with multiple partners for fear of retaliation should someone discover we are in a long-term relationship with a member of the same-sex and ostracize us as a result. I can still recall the "commotion" that was caused a number of years ago when a lesbian couple from Philadelphia was pondering purchasing a home in our subdivision. Their sexual orientation should have been a NON issue! I can't believe Pennsylvania can call itself a "Northeastern state," yet be so similarly aligned to Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, etc. in terms of politics.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:04 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
You do realize that we gays don't spread AIDS through handshakes or "convert" you straights to the "dark side," right? I can sit Elton John shirtless in a room with your straight sixteen-year-old son, and the odds of him "turning gay" by being near to him are about as good as me finally getting my six-pack abs back while eating junk food every hour! LOL! Believe me, if I could "tempt" a couple of cute straight guys in my town to give me a chance I would be too "busy" courting them to be here on City-Data right now! HA!

P.S. You do realize we're not all pedophiles, right? I'm actually most attracted to guys a couple of years older than I am.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:20 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
P.S. You do realize we're not all pedophiles, right? I'm actually most attracted to guys a couple of years older than I am.
Apparently some people don't realize that, and they also don't seem to realize how many sexual predators are straight... not to mention, pedophilia is a sexual disorder which isn't orientation-related (most of them don't even care what gender the child is). And while we're throwing around stereotypes and gross exaggerations, I'm not comfortable having Catholic churches in my neighborhood - don't want those priests tempting our young boys with wafers, you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies