Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:16 AM

989 posts, read 2,498,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
lots of irresponsible and selfish parents out there.
Agreed. No one should have children who cannot afford them. Still, they are not my responsibility and they have no dibs on my hard earned money.No universal health care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 11:34 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Dishonesty and massaging the numbers is not the solution. Until there is some truth and accuracy concerning those who are uninsured, nothing of substance can get done. Driving one's polarizing agenda is not synonymous with helping those in need.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:09 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Agreed. No one should have children who cannot afford them. Still, they are not my responsibility and they have no dibs on my hard earned money.No universal health care!
Thank you! My thoughts exactly! Having children is a huge responsibility, and a major step in a person's life ... but if people want children, they had better be able to afford every aspect of their upbringing, including health care, education, food, supplies, etc. On the other hand, it shouldn't be my responsibility as a childless person to keep subsidizing everybody else's reproductive habits.

I've been called "selfish" for my views on topics like this ... but it's truly selfish on the breeders' part for bringing children in the world that they can't afford, and then expecting taxpayers to pay for their decision. If there are so many uninsured children, why do people who are the least financially insecure keep having children??? I've said it many times before, and I'll repeat it until I'm blue in the face: procreation is NOT a Constitutional right.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:19 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
it doesn't matter. own a house? you are already paying for someone else's child. the child tax credit parents get at the end of the year is another form of welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post

Old 11-26-2008, 12:30 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleespresso View Post
If "Texan GWB had performed his duty as President, he could have enforced American laws and sealed the border.

I'm sure all of these people pay no taxes either. The USA is bankrupt and it cannot continue on this insolvent path. For those with no math or finance degrees: There is no way to PAY FOR their medical care, and anyone who tells you otherwise is merely pandering and lying to your emotions.

In about 2 generations, the USA went from being a First World Western nation, that put a man on the moon, to another Brazil. I think many future grandchildren will curse the current and past baby-boom generations as being the biggest cowards and fools in recorded human history.

In many respects the USA probably peaked at that period of time when we put a man on the moon. That was right before the fall of America.

I agree about Bush but NEITHER party will close the border however its more than the border its countless who stay past their Visas.

Living in S.Florida I do agree that USA is on borrowed time.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:32 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah, lots of illegals/undocumented kids are uninsured.

I believe in social health care for CITIZENS who do not have it as its way overdue it will actually increase jobs but putting that aside your right most uninsured kids are illegals

Old 11-26-2008, 12:52 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
it doesn't matter. own a house? you are already paying for someone else's child. the child tax credit parents get at the end of the year is another form of welfare.
That's right! However, those things are completely wrong on so many levels. I've been told that property taxes where I live are pretty "reasonable" compared to other parts of the U.S., but the amount of money which I'm FORCED to pay on an annual basis for schools which do not benefit me at all could be used for my own personal benefit. I don't understand why there isn't more of an outcry to eliminate or substantially reduce this burden from taxpayers' wallets!

I'm not sure how the child tax credit got started, or who started it ... but I know that Bush increased the amount from $500 per year to $1,000 per year. This is nothing more than a welfare program disguised as "tax relief" because anybody who qualifies basically receives a handout from Uncle Sam. But then again, Bush never was a true conservative ... and that's one reason his favorability ranking is extremely low.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:20 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
There are 8.6 million uninsured children in the United States– and Texas is No. 1, according to a new report released today by Families USA, the national organization for health care consumers.

Link to rest.

your link did not state how many of those children were illegal aliens, how many were in families that could afford insurance but chose not too and how many were actually under the age of 18. I notice all too often that liberals like to pad the results by claiming all too often that children also happen to be in the age group of 18-21.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies