Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:15 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Don't YOU dare try to tell me that it is because of me that you got that prop 8. No, many gays brought this on themselves. I have already said that it really didn't matter to me one way or the other when it came to gay marriage. No, it happens to be people like you, who go around generalizing and blaming people for things they had nothing to do with that cuased this problem in the first place. I have sat back and accepted them. I will not accept people like you though. You can apologize to me or not, but by not apologizing to me proves that you are not worht any more of my time. I have yet to say anything bad about gay people. But, you can't help posting your trash and LIES that you do. You, and people like you, are exactly what has caused this problem with the gays.

BTW, the one church that they barge in on was not one of the churches that had anything to do with the damn prop 8. You have proven that you have no idea what you post about. All you want to do is call names and make yourself feel like some big man, whn in fact, you have a secver case of inferiority complex. Don't take it out on others little boy because it is your own damn problem.

I am so glad that I moved out of the crazy state of CA and away from people like you and the problems you create and then blame on others.
Wow...speaking of inferiority complexes...just because you're a homophobe doesn't mean we all have to be.

I didn't say "you, and only you, brought this out" I said "people LIKE you" which means other homophobes and those millions of uber-religious people who try to force their backwards views on the rest of us. We're living in the 21st century, not the 17th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I guess that you never watch the news, huh?! Please, stop with the innocent game. That is one reason, but by far not the major reason, that I moved my family out of the state of CA.
Um, I live in San Diego, a city with a large gay population and a very significant gay pride parade. I grew up near San Francisco, the gay capital of the US. Despite all that, I've never seen a gay pride parade first hand. The only way I would is if I specifically went to the gay neighborhood on the day of the parade and didn't notice all the traffic and blocked off streets, parked my car, got out, walked to the crowd and then I'd be at one. Just admit that you're scared of gay people and progressive thought. I had NOTHING to do with any of the celebrations, the rallies, or ANYTHING else related to this other than my "No" vote on prop 8. But YOU and PEOPLE LIKE YOU had everything to do with the hatred and bigotry that led to Prop 8.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
We're living in the 21st century, not the 17th.
God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. An infinite God isn't concerned with our calendar, as there is little difference between 1950 and 2008 on the grand scheme of time.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
No not forever, it just may take a little longer, and besides there are many single hetero's that never find a compatible partner either, and they remain single. There is nothing wrong with being single, yeah it can get lonely at times, but you learn to deal with it and replace it with something else that adds meaning to your life, something greater than yourself.
And how does that lead to reproduction? I thought the reason why Gay marriage was so wrong was that it didn't lead to the continuation of the species through procreation. Now you're saying that it's okay to remain single forever, so why can't those people be with a companion if they only feel that bond with someone of their own gender?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. An infinite God isn't concerned with our calendar, as there is little difference between 1950 and 2008 on the grand scheme of time.
And you're saying that's a good thing? Hmm, in 1950 this country was still afraid to elect a catholic man to be president, black people still had basically no rights in many parts of the country, we were at war with Korea and Russia (however cold it was), 6,000,000 jews had just been "exterminated", gasoline still had lead in it, so did paint, life expectancy was 68 (it's 78 now), Castro and Che hadn't begun their revolutionary careers yet, TV was barely in existence (and Cable and Satellite did not), there was no internet, no cell phones, no jet planes flew passengers yet...yeah, 1950 and 2008 aren't different at all.

Keep in mind, when the Bible was written, people lived to be 35-40 on average, there was no such thing as "Medicine" in the modern sense of the word, science was incredibly primitive and many questions (since answered) were being asked. The bible, and religion in general, was a way to explain the unexplainable and to control the masses. Religious people claimed the Earth was flat and burned people at the stake for suggesting otherwise. Religious people thought the Earth was the center of the universe, and stretched people on the rack for thinking otherwise. Isn't religion wonderful?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:27 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
And you're saying that's a good thing? Hmm, in 1950 this country was still afraid to elect a catholic man to be president, black people still had basically no rights in many parts of the country, we were at war with Korea and Russia (however cold it was), 6,000,000 jews had just been "exterminated", gasoline still had lead in it, so did paint, life expectancy was 68 (it's 78 now), Castro and Che hadn't begun their revolutionary careers yet, TV was barely in existence (and Cable and Satellite did not), there was no internet, no cell phones, no jet planes flew passengers yet...yeah, 1950 and 2008 aren't different at all.

Keep in mind, when the Bible was written, people lived to be 35-40 on average, there was no such thing as "Medicine" in the modern sense of the word, science was incredibly primitive and many questions (since answered) were being asked. The bible, and religion in general, was a way to explain the unexplainable and to control the masses. Religious people claimed the Earth was flat and burned people at the stake for suggesting otherwise. Religious people thought the Earth was the center of the universe, and stretched people on the rack for thinking otherwise. Isn't religion wonderful?
Exactly! Through modern science, we understand much more than they did back then. Why should I be held to some standard set forth by ignorant men thousands of years ago?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:30 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
In answer to the OP's question--They should remain single until they find a woman they are compatible with.
First of all, as a gay man, I will never find a woman who I can fall in love with and be sexually atracted to. And second, I refuse to remain single just to satisfy certain religious views, and a general ignorance of homosexuality.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:41 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Just admit that you're scared of gay people and progressive thought. .
I'm certainly scared of gay people.

I hear they eat their children.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:46 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Um, I live in San Diego, a city with a large gay population and a very significant gay pride parade. I grew up near San Francisco, the gay capital of the US. Despite all that, I've never seen a gay pride parade first hand. The only way I would is if I specifically went to the gay neighborhood on the day of the parade and didn't notice all the traffic and blocked off streets, parked my car, got out, walked to the crowd and then I'd be at one. Just admit that you're scared of gay people and progressive thought. I had NOTHING to do with any of the celebrations, the rallies, or ANYTHING else related to this other than my "No" vote on prop 8. But YOU and PEOPLE LIKE YOU had everything to do with the hatred and bigotry that led to Prop 8.

Exactly!!! I just don't understand where these people are coming from when they say the 'gay culture' is being shoved down their throats.... I've lived in places where there is a high concentration of gays and the most I've ever seen is some hand holding. You REALLY have to go out of your way to be involved in a pride parade (which I have done ) or to go to the clubs where the flamboyant gay men do their thing. I lived with 3 gay men (live with one now) and didn't notice anything different about their lifestyle. They worked, had nice cars, made dinner, did laundry etc etc just like me and my boyfriend. The only difference? Two guys instead of a guy and a gal. No big deal.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:48 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times
I never thought there was still so much ignorance about homosexuality in this country until I read some of this.

I thought I was back in 1958 or something, when my mother used to warn me about lesbians in public restrooms! HAHAHA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies