Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2008, 10:08 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
From a moral perspective, there is no doubt that the Bible condemns the behavior. You can spin it anyway you want, but if you're a Christian, you should find it immoral.
Spin what? The bible condemns many things and if you had to spend one day in full compliance with both old and new testament it would scare 50yrs off of you. READ IT!

As a Christian it's not my place to judge any other group what is moral.
As a Christian it's my place to discern my own actions, conduct, decisions pertaining to myself and those I touch.
As a Christian hetero it's been a non issue for me because I have no proclivity tormenting me to be contrary.
As a Christian I do not know why god made gays, I only know god brought them here, and will leave it to god to speak to them directly. My maker made me the authority in my own life, not in the lives of others.
As a citizen of the united states who is also Christian, I will be tasked serving jury duty where secular law requires I judge guilt or innocence. I'm up to that task when called, and will not interject where I am not called.

I will not be participating in a gay lifestyle, and won't be running a gay dating service ever. I will not exclude them from my life on the basis of 'sin'. Would that be the case applied equally to the world, no Christian would be qualified to be my company. Pobody's Nerfect, present company included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 10:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
You feeble minded Christians think too hard and too much.
You ruin and spoil your own as well as other lives with these puritanical scriptures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Spin what? The bible condemns many things and if you had to spend one day in full compliance with both old and new testament it would scare 50yrs off of you. READ IT!

As a Christian it's not my place to judge any other group what is moral.
As a Christian it's my place to discern my own actions, conduct, decisions pertaining to myself and those I touch.
As a Christian hetero it's been a non issue for me because I have no proclivity tormenting me to be contrary.
As a Christian I do not know why god made gays, I only know god brought them here, and will leave it to god to speak to them directly. My maker made me the authority in my own life, not in the lives of others.
As a citizen of the united states who is also Christian, I will be tasked serving jury duty where secular law requires I judge guilt or innocence. I'm up to that task when called, and will not interject where I am not called.

I will not be participating in a gay lifestyle, and won't be running a gay dating service ever. I will not exclude them from my life on the basis of 'sin'. Would that be the case applied equally to the world, no Christian would be qualified to be my company. Pobody's Nerfect, present company included.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:41 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You feeble minded Christians think too hard and too much.
You ruin and spoil your own as well as other lives with these puritanical scriptures.
If you mean for me to take responsibility for your entire life and your lack of relationship with god, please send back payments of your lifetime salary earned. I'll do my level best to be your personal Jesus but I'm guessing you won't care for the fee schedule.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:07 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Clinging to an older definition that doesn't suit everyone for no other reason than the fact that it has been aroudn for a long time doesn't seem much smarter.
It exists for a perfectly valid reason, bloodlines. Now maybe the homosexual community has no need for that understanding, but it is a valid one and it makes no sense to force change the definition to fit people who do not fit it. It is beyond all stupidity and seeks merely to serve a childish demand. This is pure idiocy for them to argue this and for me personally the more they throw out stupid emotional reasons, the more I want to fight them on every level. While I may not agree with homosexuality, I do respect their right to decide how they want to live. I however have absolutely no respect for stupidity and this position is as I said, beyond stupidity.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Marriage is not just use to explain things for casual talking. I just gave you an example, so you can see how inferior it sounds to the real word meaning for marriage. I guess you don't get it since you keep saying 'stupidity' on your post that is actually affecting your reason. That is precisely why gays are sad, angry and protesting. Yes Civil Unions sounds cool for many heterosexuals to hear, but it sounds so second class. Again like the good USA keeps reminding us now and then, equality for all. I guess for many still not true.
This is an issue of demanding a word to be changed. They can achieve what they want via civil unions, but as you explained they aren't happy with "domestic partnership" on the legal document, they want it to be "married". Well, I want people to respect a words meaning and remember it rather than acting like a child and demand it be changed because they "feel" it should. I say "stupid" because this is an issue of "stupid" people who think with emotions and not with their brains.

Not all homosexuals support the demand for redefinition. There are many out there that agree with the civil union route, understand the purpose and importance of definitions, and think this is a poor approach to the issue. My problem in this issue is not with homosexuals, but with idiots who think they have a position because they never think to look up the meaning of all the words they use. Idiots, plain and simple. You may "feel" differently, but I honestly do not care how you feel about things that are factual another way. /boggle

Old 11-29-2008, 12:50 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Nomander, when you say "I don't agree with homosexuality", what do you mean?

Are you saying you think all homosexuals should try to become heterosexual?

Or that all homosexuals should hide their sexual orientation?

Or do mean something something else?

Old 11-29-2008, 07:11 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
This is an issue of demanding a word to be changed. They can achieve what they want via civil unions, but as you explained they aren't happy with "domestic partnership" on the legal document, they want it to be "married". Well, I want people to respect a words meaning and remember it rather than acting like a child and demand it be changed because they "feel" it should. I say "stupid" because this is an issue of "stupid" people who think with emotions and not with their brains.

Not all homosexuals support the demand for redefinition. There are many out there that agree with the civil union route, understand the purpose and importance of definitions, and think this is a poor approach to the issue. My problem in this issue is not with homosexuals, but with idiots who think they have a position because they never think to look up the meaning of all the words they use. Idiots, plain and simple. You may "feel" differently, but I honestly do not care how you feel about things that are factual another way. /boggle
Nomander are you a child? I just can take seriously when all you do is use insults. Stupid this, stupid that. Well if anything I (or most of the gay community) have say is stupid to you, then I give talking like an adult with you. But I, and many, won't give up the fight for full equality, just not with children or people who act like it. To be fair and give you a drop of your own insulting medicine, anything that you have said about Civil Unions and domestic partnership is stupid and idiotic to me. It is ok, we can keep up with childish insults.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Nomander, when you say "I don't agree with homosexuality", what do you mean?

Are you saying you think all homosexuals should try to become heterosexual?

Or that all homosexuals should hide their sexual orientation?

Or do mean something something else?
I don't agree with homosexuality, plain and simple. I think the action is wrong, impractical, and immoral. Past that, it doesn't matter as people have the right to choose their own paths in life regardless if I agree with it or not. I respect their ability to make that choice, that does not mean I respect the choices made.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Nomander are you a child? I just can take seriously when all you do is use insults. Stupid this, stupid that. Well if anything I (or most of the gay community) have say is stupid to you, then I give talking like an adult with you. But I, and many, won't give up the fight for full equality, just not with children or people who act like it. To be fair and give you a drop of your own insulting medicine, anything that you have said about Civil Unions and domestic partnership is stupid and idiotic to me. It is ok, we can keep up with childish insults.
Childish has been the logic used within this argument from the start by those who demand the definition change. There is no "logic" in their decision, it is based solely on emotions and irrelevant reasoning. That is how a child acts, they do not concern themselves with anything other than "what they want".

Your position has been from the start filled with subjective personal appeal which you then suggest be used as an objective means to establish issues within the world. You can throw out the logical fallacies all you like, you can call me what you want and evade the issue, but your position is one of a child, one of someone who can not reason past emotional value.

As for my use of "stupid", it is what it is. Those who refuse to use their heads in place of their feelings and ignore all logical foundation, proper reasoning and structure even when this is pointed out, are simply "stupid". Emotional people are often extremely ignorant and often too arrogant to inform themselves. This is the making of a "stupid" person.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:22 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Childish has been the logic used within this argument from the start by those who demand the definition change. There is no "logic" in their decision, it is based solely on emotions and irrelevant reasoning. That is how a child acts, they do not concern themselves with anything other than "what they want".

Your position has been from the start filled with subjective personal appeal which you then suggest be used as an objective means to establish issues within the world. You can throw out the logical fallacies all you like, you can call me what you want and evade the issue, but your position is one of a child, one of someone who can not reason past emotional value.

As for my use of "stupid", it is what it is. Those who refuse to use their heads in place of their feelings and ignore all logical foundation, proper reasoning and structure even when this is pointed out, are simply "stupid". Emotional people are often extremely ignorant and often too arrogant to inform themselves. This is the making of a "stupid" person.
Aha stupid this, stupid that. That is all you keep saying. Now, anybody else have a better argument? I don't like to argue with childish people.

Last edited by cyrusjul; 11-29-2008 at 12:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies