Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 05:00 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
I've been retired for nearly 10 years, and I am not about to let Obama steal my IRA to "spread the wealth." Such as it is, I knew six months ago that the writing was on the wall for an economic catastrophe, thanks to the likes of Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, whose presence is obvious all over the happenings of the past several weeks. For months, I have been asking the question, "Have you thought about investing in gold?"

Now we have Barack Obama to contend with, and it looks like this guy would rather end Democracy in America than admit failure in four years. It will be then when a return to normalcy and practicality will return the Republicans to power. It will be too little too late, though, since the damage to our economy has been ongoing for decades.
The damage to our economy started back in 1913 when they started the UNconstitutional federal reserve banking system. Since then, it has been on the downhill sloap, letting people gain some wealth here and there.

I do invest in GOLD and SILVER. I realize that if the dollar completely collapses that I will still be able to opurchase because of the gold and silver. Oh yeah, I will also have some toilet paper for bartering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 01:39 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
The damage to our economy started back in 1913 when they started the UNconstitutional federal reserve banking system. Since then, it has been on the downhill sloap, letting people gain some wealth here and there.
Please if you will, point out where the establishment of a central bank is unconstitutional.

Please point out, specifically, evidence that supports your assertion that (the country, the ecomony?) it has been downhill sloap(sic) ever since.

Quote:
I do invest in GOLD and SILVER. I realize that if the dollar completely collapses that I will still be able to opurchase because of the gold and silver. Oh yeah, I will also have some toilet paper for bartering.
Gold nor silver have any intrinsic value and if the economy completely collapses it will on be as valuable as the value that individuals place in it.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
An opinion from someone. I tend to agree.

Citibank Is Just The Beginning - HUMAN EVENTS

Can you say, "BOHICA?"
I can say Boo-yah -

List Of Cos Planning To Participate In U.S. Govt's TARP

Old 11-28-2008, 02:41 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Obama's not interested in "stealing" your IRA. But you might want to look around at the friggin' NIGHTMARE this country has become because of the President YOU voted for.

It appears that Bush already stole most of my IRA.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:19 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpelp View Post
Thanks, now I understand why Delta posted. She's part of the "OMG the sky is falling because McCain lost!" crowd. I am one of those minimal debt people, everything paid off on time, still saving, etc. and I can't see how an extra 3% will kill anyone, especialy seeing as how no one has managed to show how any of that so called wealth is actually going into job creation. All i see is "OMG I have some money probably less than $250k/year but I know Obama's going to take it all and give it directly to all the other people that clearly must not be as smart as I am because everyone else is just a beer drinking hillbilly that wants a free handout".

While there are no doubt some beer drinking hillbillies that want a handout, painting everyone besides yourself with that broad brush only makes you look foolish. I also think those "rats" will be rudely awakened when the extra tax money goes to paying down the debt (or the bailout as it's sucking up all the money now) and not to them. Last I saw the proposed income tax increase was an additional 3% over the first 250k. So please tell me if you're pulling in (for sake of easy math) $350k, how that extra $3k to reign in the defecit (a republican stance) that was CAUSED in large part by big boy dubya is going to radically change anything in your life. Do you spend so much money that making $347k minus current taxes will cripple you while $350k minus current taxes will not?
I think it's quite obvious you don't understand SBS. I posted the article, you nitwit, cause I thought it was pertinent. Does it bother me that McCain lost, rather that obama won, well, yes, it does "bother" me, but I'm not distraught about it. Life goes on, don't worry, be happy. I don't need a "handout" either, just FYI. I'm doing okay on my retirement bennies.

Who is the "she" you are referring to, BTW? You'd paint a better picture, too, if you'd refrain from attempting to pigeon-hole me.

Be nice if you could spell as well as you write, too.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
If anything, increasing taxes on the so-called wealthy (i..: those who handled their money wisely and put it in savings, gold etc.) simply increases their efforts (usually successful) in transferring their money out of this country. If it were traditionally safe from routine confiscation here, why would they have had to relocate it? I'm so far from being wealthy, and yet I'm likely going to transfer funds to some bank in the Caymans or somewhere (ain't sayin' where! Nyahhh!).

Those who are at the bottom edge of some arbitrary ranking of wealth will, after gov'mint predatory confiscation, then be what? Middle income? On their way to being mid-low income? And then when they are "dis-employed", and asking, righteously, for some income re-distribution, where will those funds then come from? Which bottomless pot?

A bunch of terrified rats, all scrambling around looking for something to rip out of the jaws of their equally terrified cohorts, just to feed themselves. As I noted elsewhere, do these newly up-financed egalitarians then "set to" the job of bumping up their own earning power? Do they invest in their own adult re-education? Do they get rid of their credit card debts and then burn the cards? Or do they hasten down to Costco and buy a new wide screen HD TV, a 24-pack of good old Miller GD, and a new Chinese-made polyester robe for "the old lady"? Hmmm?

Social engineering experiments with a bunch of demanding yet expectant rats looking for "change". Wow. This'll be fun to watch, even for a non-Republican like me! Betcha the Dems will continue to lay it all on the Reps, which, if I were one, would be real insulting. To the level that I'd be hiding ALL of my hard-earned moneys. Remember that word, Ratties: EARNED, not stolen nor fraudulently acquired. Some of them yep. But all of it? C'mon people; how dumb do you take us for? Go find someone stupider to blame it all on.
EARNED as in 70 BILLION of our taxes going to the BONUSES of CEOs whose companies FAILED?????

EARNED as in giving loans knowing full well the person can't afford the loan?

EARNED as in getting your FAILED financial instituion BAILED OUT with a big WELFARE check from American taxpayers so you don't have to suffer one split second for being a FAILURE???

EARNED as in not giving a damn if you're business "ethics" don't exist?

EARNED as in PLANNING the financial terrorist attack on the United States???

Old 12-02-2008, 10:52 AM

135 posts, read 224,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
I think it's quite obvious you don't understand SBS. I posted the article, you nitwit, cause I thought it was pertinent. Does it bother me that McCain lost, rather that obama won, well, yes, it does "bother" me, but I'm not distraught about it. Life goes on, don't worry, be happy. I don't need a "handout" either, just FYI. I'm doing okay on my retirement bennies.

Who is the "she" you are referring to, BTW? You'd paint a better picture, too, if you'd refrain from attempting to pigeon-hole me.

Be nice if you could spell as well as you write, too.
I don't know how many posts from you and a select few others I've read that are repeatedly of the same nature. If they weren't all "omg the country's dying" and/of "look how bad obama will be" then maybe i'd have no reason to "pigeon hole" you. Show that you're interested in real discussion with people whether they agree with you or not, and there's little left to pigeon hole that person with, no? What could be said? "you're too level headed?" "you're too open minded?" I agree, life goes on, be happy. You should follow your own advice.

The picture painting was in reference to someone's astute observation that anyone not paying more in a tax increase scenario is obviously a fiscally irresponsible rat trying to take everyone else's money. It's a pi** poor observation, and I was pointing out that while some people may fit that bill, the majority do not.

Sorry, I don't spellcheck everything, and I chicken-peck type. So there are and will be typos. Should I spend the time to go through and correct every fat-fingered typo I make? If it was something important and/or work related, sure. This is an online post in a forum that is I'd say above 50% populated by people who thrive on exaggerations and confrontations going back and forth between the supposed left vs right. I check this only at work because I'm bored and I can try to bring some common sense to the nutjobs on both sides (the "OMG everything will die now that Obama has won" and the "HAHAHAHAHAHA McCAIN sucks look how God-like Obama already is HAHAHAHAHA" sides). So in effect, no, it is not important or work related, and I'm sure my horrible spelling isn't so bad that the point isn't delivered. Obviously you understood everything well enough to take the time to respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies