Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you explain homosexuality in nature?
It's the liberal media and thier corrupt TV shows. 7 11.11%
These animals have caught wind of gay marriages in Massachusetts. 11 17.46%
They were abused by priests as pups/joeys/chicks/etc. 3 4.76%
It's the way their creator made them. 30 47.62%
Other 14 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 01:57 PM

56 posts, read 66,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
good and bad are human conditions that don't apply to animals. If you are going to be condescending as it regards the "science" you used for support in an earlier post, it would be useful to have your ducks in a row.

As for me, I have nothing against my penis, and will not, thus, be giving it any shiittee deals.
I hope you've got a nice personal name for your penis, Rosinante, seeing as you rely on it to do your thinking for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 02:10 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
good and bad are human conditions that don't apply to animals. If you are going to be condescending as it regards the "science" you used for support in an earlier post, it would be useful to have your ducks in a row.
That's why I put "good" and "bad" in quotations and said that nature is amoral.

Quote:
As for me, I have nothing against my penis, and will not, thus, be giving it any shiittee deals.
Curious sentence.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Because they haven't evolved to the point yet where they are humans?

What Makes Us Human? - Does God Exist? - JanFeb98

There is a uniqueness to man that is not rooted in his intelligence, his brain, his training, or his environment. This uniqueness is seen in all of us--the genius and the severely retarded. No culture, race, educational level, IQ, or age dictates these characteristics. The one thing that does offer an explanation is the spiritual dimension of man.

We do not believe in our spiritual makeup because it is a religious tradition that has been forced upon us; we believe it because every shred of available evidence points to it and because the things that happen in life demonstrate that animal solutions do not work on problems that are spiritual in nature.

The above is from the link and may be a good read on the OP question.
I read through your link, thanks. A perfect specimen of special pleading, if ever there was one. The analogy using a car to reference our uniqueness as humans was particularly risible.

Whatever argument you put forward to demonstrate the supposed spiritual superiority of mankind over the rest of the animal kingdom has to take into account a very simple fact, however. - It is only Humans who are busy destroying our planet, not only for ourselves, but for the countless species that are rapidly being driven to extinction by our abuse of the environment.

If this is a bi-product of of mankind's 'superior' spirituality - our world is ultimately far are better off without it. If our species were to die off tomorrow, I suspect that there would be one almighty sigh of relief throughout the rest of the Natural world. Is this something that recommends out 'superiority'?

Old 11-29-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The big deal is as follows: should a human being ignore rational thought and let his impulses guide his or her actions? If that was the case, then such a human being would not be any different than a dog, a monkey, a giraffe, a buffalo, nor than any other animal.

Have you ever felt like hitting, or insulting, or killing someone, or stealing something, and then controlling your emotions because of the consequences of such action? This is one of the main differences between wild animals and humans.
Some difference!!

Are we to conclude then, that human beings NEVER fall foul of such actions? - We must live in a very different world, RayinAK, you and I, because in my world humans behave in this 'animal' way all the time - so where's this superior 'control' you speak of?

Old 11-29-2008, 03:27 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,310 times
i had 2 female dogs who were always humping each other everyday, i was truly shocked when i saw it.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:36 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack the ripper View Post
i had 2 female dogs who were always humping each other everyday, i was truly shocked when i saw it.
And then you shot them because it's not "what god intended"?

Old 11-29-2008, 03:39 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefig View Post

Whatever argument you put forward to demonstrate the supposed spiritual superiority of mankind over the rest of the animal kingdom has to take into account a very simple fact, however. - It is only Humans who are busy destroying our planet, not only for ourselves, but for the countless species that are rapidly being driven to extinction by our abuse of the environment.

If this is a bi-product of of mankind's 'superior' spirituality - our world is ultimately far are better off without it. If our species were to die off tomorrow, I suspect that there would be one almighty sigh of relief throughout the rest of the Natural world. Is this something that recommends out 'superiority'?
AMEN AMEN AMEN. Religion is the greatest curse humanity ever invented. It's institutionalized stupidity, hatred and willful ignorance all rolled into one. It's a sure sign of our inferiority not superiority.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:09 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefig View Post
Some difference!!

Are we to conclude then, that human beings NEVER fall foul of such actions? - We must live in a very different world, RayinAK, you and I, because in my world humans behave in this 'animal' way all the time - so where's this superior 'control' you speak of?
No, I have never said such thing. You are saying it. See...all depends of how you "see" humans. For example, if you stand back and look at humankind from outside, then you see humans letting their emotions run wild. But if you include yourself as part of humanity, then you have to decide if you are part of the "run wild" group of humans. Humans are not superior to any other life on earth, nor inferior. The main difference is that the human brain has allowed every one of us to think, weight issues, decide what is right or what is wrong, etc. If non-human life had the intelligence or capability to think and take action the way we do, then this life would build houses, computers, etc. instead of us. It would be them writing and communicating on the Internet, not us.

As with all life on earth, there is good and bad within each one of us, but pets and other animals (other than humans) survive, not by deciding what is right or wrong.

Take for example Germany during WWII: while Hitler and other Germans were real bad, it does not mean that all Germans were the same.

Again, if every action one takes is based on one's emotions, then not just a very few men and women would be killing, raping, stealing, making war, in prison, but all of us.

A final note: have you watched The Planet Of The Apes? If apes would be more intelligent than humans, we (humans) would be their pets, we would be caged in zoos, etc. As human beings, it's up to us to destroy most life on earth, including ours. But if such thing would become a reality, only a portion of the life we know would be destroyed, and new forms of life would emerge. Earth, will live long after all life has ceased to exist.

Last edited by RayinAK; 11-29-2008 at 06:32 PM..

Old 11-30-2008, 12:36 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
You will discover one day that God is no fairy tale character. He is very real.
Really? Have you seen god, living person, cells blood brain muscles bones, everything? No? I rest my case.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:52 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
I haven't seen any homo animals either so does that mean their not real?
I have seen a dog eat it's own puke so I guess that’s natural for gays to do sense they like to compare their behavior to animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies