Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:23 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Don't try to cover for them. I have no doubt that if he could get away with it, that "Rev" Fred Phelps of the Westboro "Baptist" Church would indeed burn gays alive at the stake. Falwell would've stood by and watched, smirking.

Religion is what's WRONG with the world. Worship whatever you want, just don't try and force it on others.
It's not Christianity that's wrong with our world, it's the imperfect human beings running around messing things up. None of us are perfect which is why we need God's grace more than ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 09:27 PM

79 posts, read 43,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Wow, I'm glad we haven't degenerated down the fundamentalist path that far quite yet.
The GOP is pretty close, especially with the homosexuals. I'm sure they would hang them if they could.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Me Amadeus View Post
The GOP is pretty close, especially with the homosexuals. I'm sure they would hang them if they could.
This is a very ignorant post.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:37 PM

79 posts, read 43,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
This is a very ignorant post.
The Republicans hate homosexuals, and use "Jesus" and "God" as a means to validate their hatred, just like Islamic nutjobs do. They also use it as a means to validate a big government mindset that tells its citizens how they should live their life-just like the Islamic nut jobs do. It all sounds pretty fundie nut jobish to me. Sorry if the truth offends you; although I've found with "Conservatives" it often does.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Me Amadeus View Post
The Republicans hate homosexuals, and use "Jesus" and "God" as a means to validate their hatred, just like Islamic nutjobs do. They also use it as a means to validate a big government mindset that tells its citizens how they should live their life-just like the Islamic nut jobs do. It all sounds pretty fundie nut jobish to me. Sorry if the truth offends you; although I've found with "Conservatives" it often does.
I'm a Christian conservative who does not hate gays so your blanket statement is not true. Maybe you should actually get to know some conservatives versus relying on leftist media-driven stereotypes.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:08 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I'm a Christian conservative who does not hate gays so your blanket statement is not true. Maybe you should actually get to know some conservatives versus relying on leftist media-driven stereotypes.
So you're denying that some Christian conservatives would like to kill off all the gays? Its ridiculous to expect someone to have to go that far into detail just so your feelings don't get hurt. You don't hate gays? well then hes not talking about you, so don't get all butt hurt. He had a point, and you are now burying that point because he wasn't perfectly politically correct about it.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:26 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Default How

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnisher View Post
That's horrific, but this is totally the wrong forum for it.
This forum covers all sorts of topics & are read world wide. This is NOT the wrong forum for it. Plenty of city-data topics make the search engines incl mine.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
So you're denying that some Christian conservatives would like to kill off all the gays? Its ridiculous to expect someone to have to go that far into detail just so your feelings don't get hurt. You don't hate gays? well then hes not talking about you, so don't get all butt hurt. He had a point, and you are now burying that point because he wasn't perfectly politically correct about it.
Despite some of the fringe groups out there (Phelps, etc) that have loudly express hatred towards gays, conservatives as a whole do not hate gays.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:12 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Don't try to cover for them. I have no doubt that if he could get away with it, that "Rev" Fred Phelps of the Westboro "Baptist" Church would indeed burn gays alive at the stake. Falwell would've stood by and watched, smirking.

Religion is what's WRONG with the world. Worship whatever you want, just don't try and force it on others.
Fortunately, the rule of law and the concepts of democracy and human rights are still strong enough in America that people like Phelps, Falwell, Tony Alamo, etc. will not get their way and turn us into a Christian theocracy but will be shunned and disparaged as they deserve to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies