Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 06:21 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times

Advertisements

If some of you visited the UK or actually lived here for a while you would understand why many don't feel they need to be armed to the gills. It's easy to regurgerate the myths and worn out phrases you pick up from who knows where. The US is a whole 'nother animal, your culture, love of guns and frontier mentality is the reason why YOU NEED a gun to just go to the grocery stor.

Shots fired at Toys R Us in Palm Desert; 2 dead | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Toys R Us for heavens sake people fighting over games at a toy store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 08:23 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
For those of you who think A- only Americans own guns and B- only Americans like guns.........

Foreign Gun Owners...Show your stuff... - THR

Old 11-29-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
For those of you who think A- only Americans own guns and B- only Americans like guns.........

Foreign Gun Owners...Show your stuff... - THR
And the relevance of a few gunfreaks posting on a forum?

Old 11-29-2008, 09:30 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
And the relevance of a few gunfreaks posting on a forum?

Again the the freaks refernce and namecalling of law abiding gun owners. If you're willing to remain a subject, that is fine. We in the U.S. are citizens with actual rights, including gun ownership.

The gun fight in the Toys R Us store was between rival gang members, not over the toys.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Again the the freaks refernce and namecalling of law abiding gun owners. If you're willing to remain a subject, that is fine. We in the U.S. are citizens with actual rights, including gun ownership.

The gun fight in the Toys R Us store was between rival gang members, not over the toys.
And you are positive I am British and in favour of a monachy? Ok forget Toys R Us. The cause has not been revealed yet, so don't pin everything on gangs. How about the school shootings that occur on a regular basis, indescriminate shootings at malls, restaurants, churches. Seems like nowhere is except from these lunatics.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:34 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
If some of you visited the UK or actually lived here for a while you would understand why many don't feel they need to be armed to the gills. It's easy to regurgerate the myths and worn out phrases you pick up from who knows where. The US is a whole 'nother animal, your culture, love of guns and frontier mentality is the reason why YOU NEED a gun to just go to the grocery stor.

Shots fired at Toys R Us in Palm Desert; 2 dead | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Toys R Us for heavens sake people fighting over games at a toy store.
So lets review.......calling out Brits for bad dental hygiene is ignorant, mean spirited behavior --- but everyone knows that all Americans are gunned to the teeth and have shoot outs every day?
Either the UKs educational system is worse then our own, or somebody is a bit of a hypocrit

Old 11-29-2008, 10:37 AM

234 posts, read 294,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I think that a person should be able to defend himself with any type of firearm he can use. including AK47,SKS, M16, M203, M240, M60, M3, M1A, M14, Galil, Barret 99, 95, 82A1 and any type of pistol, rifle or shotgun they deem necessary for self defense. Any type of firearm he can use to protect himself from crooks and the goverment is always good.

Now maybe you dont have alot of crime there, but I think it is highly mighty of anyones goverment to take firearms away from its law abiding citizens, just to have a feel good policy in place.
Well…why stop there. You forgot to mention the M2 heavy machine gun, M242 25 mm. Bushmaster, XM307 portable autocanon. How about same M1 40mm anti-aircraft guns or Mauser BK-27 capable of shooting 1800 rounds per minute. But even then the government still would be better arm than me, so how about some 130mm naval guns. They will look so cool in my dryway. And I definitely need a tank with a 120mm gun.
O and I forgot few bazookas and racket launchers for my kids.
Even then the government and some criminals will be better arm. Unless every one of us gets that entire staff I mention and we can stand against our government, you know the one we democratically elected.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:45 AM

659 posts, read 1,374,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
Even then the government and some criminals will be better arm. Unless every one of us gets that entire staff I mention and we can stand against our government, you know the one we democratically elected.
This post gets to the heart of it, we get the government we deserve, so lets take more interest in politics, (not just taking sides) to ensure our childrens future.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:07 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
If some of you visited the UK or actually lived here for a while you would understand why many don't feel they need to be armed to the gills. It's easy to regurgerate the myths and worn out phrases you pick up from who knows where.
If some of you visited the US or actually lived here for a while you would understand why many don't feel they need to be armed to the gills. It's easy to regurgitate the myths and worn out phrases you pick up from who knows where.

See? Works both ways.

It's ok, though - just keep spewing the same tired line of BS - it makes you feel superior, and that's alright. You have zero impact on our legislative process, so you're welcome to be as ignorant and uninformed as you like.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
If some of you visited the US or actually lived here for a while you would understand why many don't feel they need to be armed to the gills. It's easy to regurgitate the myths and worn out phrases you pick up from who knows where.

See? Works both ways.

It's ok, though - just keep spewing the same tired line of BS - it makes you feel superior, and that's alright. You have zero impact on our legislative process, so you're welcome to be as ignorant and uninformed as you like.
If it makes you feel better I lived in the US for almost 2 decades. Lived on the West Coast, SW, Deep South and South East and travelled extensively mainland and territories and the only time I felt I needed gun was a time I kept company with some unsavoury charcters. I also made sure I had a gun if I was driving cross country on my own.

See some of us do talk from expereince . Usually I click on peoples profiles before I respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies