Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:52 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

President Says He Wants to Be Remembered for Liberating Iraqis and HIV/AIDS Work in Africa.

In a personal and wide-ranging interview conducted by his sister about his legacy, his faith and the influence of his father, President George W. Bush said he hopes to be remembered as a liberator of the Iraqi people.

ABC News: Bush on His Legacy: I 'Liberated' Iraqis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 10:57 AM

1,780 posts, read 3,931,766 times
I always have wondered why the fact that they didn't ask was never an issue!
George is worried about his legacy, as he should be. He has to say something, I guess!

Old 11-28-2008, 10:58 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
Oh ok I thought we went in there to get Weapons of Mass Destruction or to dismantle Al Qaeda or some other nonsense. This is good to know, thanks George.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:59 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,421 times
It will take time to determine whether our sacrifice in Iraq was worth it. If he is right and Iraq emerges as a peaceful oil producing nation it will save his administration. In all other matters foreign and domestic he did everything that could be expected of a President.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:00 AM

That was the lie he told you so he could do the right thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Oh ok I thought we went in there to get Weapons of Mass Destruction or to dismantle Al Qaeda or some other nonsense. This is good to know, thanks George.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:00 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
President Says He Wants to Be Remembered for Liberating Iraqis and HIV/AIDS Work in Africa.

In a personal and wide-ranging interview conducted by his sister about his legacy, his faith and the influence of his father, President George W. Bush said he hopes to be remembered as a liberator of the Iraqi people.

ABC News: Bush on His Legacy: I 'Liberated' Iraqis

Conducted by his SISTER? This loser cant even face a REAL journalist to speak of his "legacy"?

His legacy is spectacular failure and genocide in the Middle East

Old 11-28-2008, 11:04 AM

Failure, his first term was a success as proven by his re-election. His second term was sabatoged by congress.

His Presidency is still under evaluation. He did a good job under tough circumstances. Took care of alot of poltically damaging dirty work. That takes courage

Old 11-28-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Took care of alot of poltically damaging dirty work. That takes courage
"Dirty work" is all this man EVER did. You find such work "courageous", while I find most of it ILLEGAL, and much of it is WAS according to the supreme law of the land, the U.S. CONSTITUTION.

Therefore, he would just issue a "signing statement", and circumvent this legal and guiding document for the Commander in Chief, making him ultimately responsible for the litany of broken laws, lies, and human rights abuses committed under his leadership

Old 11-28-2008, 11:11 AM

I agree most of it was according to the supreme law of the land. How mature of you to finally see the honesty and decency of George W Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
"Dirty work" is all this man EVER did. You find such work "courageous", while I find most of it ILLEGAL, and much of it is WAS according to the supreme law of the land, the U.S. CONSTITUTION.

Therefore, he would just issue a "signing statement", and circumvent this legal and guiding document for the Commander in Chief, making him ultimately responsible for the litany of broken laws, lies, and human rights abuses committed under his leadership

Old 11-28-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
I agree most of it was according to the supreme law of the land. How mature of you to finally see the honesty and decency of George W Bush
George Bush is a moron, as are his apologists. There are exceptions to that rule, but I'm not seeing them on this thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies