Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:03 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why must I "embrace" homosexuality? Live and let live, I don't care what they do, but I don't have to embrace anything. Take your PC crap elsewhere.

There are some gays at my gun club too. Guess what we talk about? Our shooting skills and scores at the range. I could car less about their sexual preference.

Ha, ha, so much on my "naughty and not nice" list this year, that includes NOT embracing any PC agendas, and to spread my long list around.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:46 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
All you have to do is watch Rambo, and you'll notice that American gun culture is laden with homo eroticism.
High school Psych class?

Anyway, I wouldn't know. I play strictly for the Blue team.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:56 PM

488 posts, read 1,176,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
What gives? Of all the threads on homosexuals, I have only partly read one the others I just skim over or not read at all since I know your way of thinking.
I can still own guns. I can't own homosexuals.

So, like somebody else said, what does one have to do with the other?

Old 12-02-2008, 08:13 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Why do you keep quoting women buying firarms? Are you saying that they are different in any way?
Guns are a big problem in the USA..... Big Problem! All you seem to worry about is being attacked by someone with a gun...that MUST tell you something. Wierd how when i'm at home in Houston or in a Mall i don't feel i have to carry a gun and don't spend my time worrying about having to carry a gun for protection...... Lucky me eh? Maybe i'm not infected with the gun paranoia yet? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
Guns aren't the problem. People are. Some can kill you before you are born, some kill you with a bat, with a knife, with an ax, and even with a car. Some can strangle you, too. Look a Japan where guns are illegal: people still kill themselves with sticks, knives, and even jump from cliffs.

Hey look! This first grader didn't use a gun:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/community/news/pembroke_pines/sfl-1202pinesrobbery,0,377632.story (broken link)

Old 12-03-2008, 06:11 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
I can still own guns. I can't own homosexuals.

So, like somebody else said, what does one have to do with the other?
What is so hard to understand?

Homosexuality = 2 humans of the same gender attracted to each other. Nothing threatening, nothing hurtful to others.

Guns = Deadly dangerous weapons.

Some of you people rather embrace violence.

I can make it simpler for you if you want by drawing pictures

Old 12-03-2008, 06:14 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Nope, but still enjoying the rights that some brave men where smart enough to establish for this country in the 18th century.
I want you to repeat that after the next mass shooting.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:19 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
guess George Washington was a closet queen..

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie wagon and citizen's firearms are indelibly related. From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99 99/100 percent of them by their silence indicate they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes- we need them every hour
George Washington Quotes

Old 12-03-2008, 06:20 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:

Law abiding citizens who carry guns STOP mass shooting. THe nut case will find to get a gun illegally. Or an SUV. Remember that student who rammed a group of fellow students with the SUV. He took out several. Don't need a gun to kill.

If someone had a gun in Mumbai, the terrorists may have been thwarted or at least resisted. Why weren't they? Guns are banned there, but the terrorists got AK-47's. My, my......they really followed the gun laws didn't they?

Old 12-03-2008, 06:23 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
=Raggy dee Ann;6403127]Some of you people rather embrace violence.
Just because you own a gun doesn't mean you are VIOLENT. Jeez. Use of a gun in a violent manner by legal gun owners is very, very rare.

Quote:
I can make it simpler for you if you want by drawing pictures

I wish I could draw you a picture, because you certainly don't understand, honey. I'm a terrible artist though.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:24 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
if one of the victims of the mass shooting were armed, it wouldn't have been a mass shooting.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies