Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:03 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Well there are a lot of Americans who live in America who feel the same way as I do. Even after living in America for almost 20 years I never got the fascination over guns. By the way I'm African and Caribbean and ain't no subject nor do I pledge no aligence to any queen. Worldly aren't you?
You have no idea how worldly I am or am not. Makes no difference though. Just because you " never got the facination over guns" doesn't mean they don't have a legitimate place in America.

Yes there are people here who do not like guns, but they are in a vast minority proven by the fact that any time an anti-gun measure is put up for vote it's defeated. Also, ever notice you never hear a pro-gun politician say he's anti- gun but the opposite is true? That's because the majority of people would not vote for them if they knew their true stand. America is a very pro-gun country, period.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 PM

395 posts, read 1,011,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Wow, one aberration. You gotta do better than that.
Also you fail to mention the armed citizens that showed up who had better guns than the cops for long range shooting and kept Whitman from shooting even more. One loon and many good, armed citizens. I don't remember the number of folks that came to shoot at him and keep his head down but it was substantial.
Yeh, all Texans, especially Austin (LOL) are walking around with guns.

the point isn't that allowing law abiding citizens to have guns elminates violence. It's that bans only are followed by non-criminals - it doesn't do any good. People who are willing to kill people don't care about "gun free zones."

Old 12-08-2008, 08:40 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Yeh, all Texans, especially Austin (LOL) are walking around with guns.

the point isn't that allowing law abiding citizens to have guns elminates violence. It's that bans only are followed by non-criminals - it doesn't do any good. People who are willing to kill people don't care about "gun free zones."
I never said or inferred that all Texans carried guns, just that a large amount of armed citizens showed up to assist the police who were not armed properly to handle this situation. You have to admit though that Texas has some of the least restrictive gun laws and a low violent crime rate.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:52 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,114 times
I need my guns to protect me from the militant homosexual lobby. They may come to my home, forcibly enter and redecorate my home, put styling product in my hair and throw out my wardrobe and replace everything in my closet with ascots and leather pants.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:58 AM

Seriously though, you libs just miss a fundamental truth when you rail against guns.

If you take away the right to own a firearm, the only ones who will turn their guns in are the honest law abiding citizens.

The criminals aren't going to turn theirs in! You will have accomplished nothing!

If someone breaks into my home to steal or do harm to me or my family it is my right to defend myself. I'm not going to "reason" with him, try and "understand where he's coming from" or "empathize" with him, I'm going to shoot him if I feel he's a threat.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:11 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
I need my guns to protect me from the militant homosexual lobby. They may come to my home, forcibly enter and redecorate my home, put styling product in my hair and throw out my wardrobe and replace everything in my closet with ascots and leather pants.
At least you have a sense of humour.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
At least you have a sense of humour.
I'd like to think so. I feel homosexuality is wrong but don't really care what those folks do as long as they don't approach me, my family or engage in gross PDA (don't like seeing that from straight people either, get a room....).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies