Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:43 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I would wager that Americans love their cars more than they do the topic of homosexual behavior, lifestyle or additional rights. So what. The reason being is that if your not gay, don't know anyone who is gay why would you make gays a higher priority than your own interests.
I, for one, do not put my vehicle above any human, but I learned a long time ago people cannot be changed on our terms. All I can do is pray and leave the rest to God.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:30 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
It's part of the great American culture, epitomized by the late actor John Wayne. In his harsh, stacatto monotone, Wayne could often be heard voicing such sentiments as "Awwwright lissen UP !.We're justa bout ta saddle UP, and head fer the border. Gentlemen, I'd HIGHLY recommend ya make SURE yer weapons are in WORKING ORDER." ...we Americans LOVE this stuff, and it inspires us.

On the other hand, John Wayne almost NEVER said anything like "I've been TRYIN' ta get in touch with my INNER SELF, and I'm NOTICIN' that I have sorta strong feelin's fer summa the boys in the bunkhouse"

In summary, John Wayne (the epitome of American culture) spent a LOT of time talking about guns...and very LITTLE time talking about homosexuality. (as a matter of fact, I don't recall his being very talkative about HETEROSEXUALITY, either)....and we Americans have just sort of followed suit, I'm afraid...Guilty !!
Bravo bravo ... nice bit of ad libbing

Last edited by Raggy dee Ann; 11-29-2008 at 11:45 AM..

Old 11-29-2008, 11:56 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
As you can see by many threads that there are too many idiots who think that having guns is something big or a way of life. As seen today in the "shootout" at Toys R us, there are too many morons with guns in America. Instead of worrying about other peoples sexual preferences, people should be more worried about other peoples dependence on guns.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:57 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Well, the gays are gettin' a little aggressive these days, not gettin' what they want and all... so never know when a little protection might be in order..... Is security now needed in the churches? ! With the "advent" of Obamanation on the horizon, all the kook groups becoming a little more emboldened (than they are already). Poor Barry, got his work cut out for him!

Old 11-29-2008, 11:58 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
As you can see by many threads that there are too many idiots who think that having guns is something big or a way of life. As seen today in the "shootout" at Toys R us, there are too many morons with guns in America. .
And guess what? There will be NO REDUCTION in the number of firearms in the United States - NONE.

Just the opposite as a matter of fact - the number of firearms owned by private individuals is RISING -

Get used to it

Old 11-29-2008, 11:59 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Most gays like big guns, otherwise they would not spend so much time in the gym or wear sleeveless shirts!

Old 11-29-2008, 12:01 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,133 times
Ah!

The nice thing about "guns" is that you don't have to stick them up your........

Old 11-29-2008, 12:09 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Ah!

The nice thing about "guns" is that you don't have to stick them up your........
Oh boy now the pre pubescents have something to say .

By the way there are straight guys out there who think nothing of sticking guns up their tushes . I could give you a list of vegetables, fruits, household equipments and more, but you might be better off asking an ER nurse about what she/he sees.

Last edited by Raggy dee Ann; 11-29-2008 at 12:45 PM..

Old 11-29-2008, 12:16 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What does one have to do with the other?

And what if you're gay and love guns?
Kinda reminds me of the time some guy with clenched fists said to another guy at the Nehi Bar & Grille on Wisconsin Ave. in Georgetown:

"If there's anything I like more than suckin' a hot ------, it's a fight."

I got outta there real fast.

Last edited by Rosinante; 11-29-2008 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: addl clarification.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:23 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And guess what? There will be NO REDUCTION in the number of firearms in the United States - NONE.

Just the opposite as a matter of fact - the number of firearms owned by private individuals is RISING -

Get used to it
As the Beatles once said..." Happiness is a warm gun". (LMAO) The gun cancer is too far spread to be stopped in America and the needless massacres and killings of innocent people will continue.
Maybe the guns replace balls?.........Probably!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies