Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:12 PM

343 posts, read 508,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Spews vitriol at all who don't agree.
Calls all conservatives idiots.
Seeks to make everything PC into law.

Seems pretty fascist to me.

wants to spy on people
wants to deport everyone who don't look like me
wants to tap phones
wants to electrocute citizens

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 12:17 PM

695 posts, read 1,372,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
BirdistheWord

*pulls gun out of purse*

*is knocked to the ground before she can shoot*

*is raped anyway*

*rapist uses gun to kill woman after*

JeffreySH

*sees the pervert coming*
*has taken gun courses*
*points gun at pervert's head and says, "Try it, scumbag.*
*Scumbag pervert tries anyway, because that's what stupid people do*
*Shoots pervert in the head*
*One less scumbag pervert on the streets.*

There are truths in both post.

Far too many gunowners, don't have the training or mindset to defend themselves with a firearm. Far too many gunowners don't have the situational awareness to avoid trouble in the first place.

Far too many gun advocates believe that you can see a "pervert" coming which leads to ridiculous scenarios where you place a gun at a attackers head and spout some scriptwriters line. Of course if they had taken that "gun course" they would know that.

Would you like to provide verifiable statistics, regarding how many law-abiding gun owners commit crimes with guns?

Regardless of how much you hate the truth, it's the criminals that are committing the crimes. And sometimes they use guns.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:18 PM

558 posts, read 1,828,055 times
Quote:
It's not yet noon. The liberals are sleeping in.
I am a moderate-liberal Democrat and I oppose all forms of gun control. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens only gives criminals more power. I can not understand how any American would be against the 2nd amendment.

That's the problem with Americans today, they need the Republican or the Democratic Party to tell them how to think. So sad that no one thinks for themselves anymore.......

"I'll give you my guns when you take them out of my cold, dead hands"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
wants to spy on people
wants to tap phones

Believes everything MoveOn.org writes.
Things Michael Moore is a genius.
Believes the Gitmo detainees are all a bunch of kindly grandmas.

Seems pretty naive to me.

20,300 posts, read 22,140,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
wants to spy on people
wants to tap phones

Who wants to do these things?

Old 11-30-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
I am a moderate-liberal Democrat and I oppose all forms of gun control. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens only gives criminals more power. I can not understand how any American would be against the 2nd amendment.

That's the problem with Americans today, they need the Republican or the Democratic Party to tell them how to think. So sad that no one thinks for themselves anymore.......

"I'll give you my guns when you take them out of my cold, dead hands"
Well... I'm a true conservative, and I don't even own a gun.

No wait a minute, I do have a pump-up BB gun for shooting rabbits in my garden.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:20 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,512,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
If that is the case then why do countries with gun bans have lower homocide rates then countries without gun bans?
Ah yes, that old argument again.

Unfortunately, for those who make it, if falls totally apart when the larger picture is presented.

In fact, the countries with the strict gun control bans ALWAYS had lower crime rates than the United States. To make this a valid argument it must be shown that the gun control laws themselves actually lowered the crime rate in relation to what it was prior.

The truth is the opposite. They rose. England is the classic example. So is Australia.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post

Unfortunately, for those who make it, if falls totally apart when the larger picture is presented.

In fact, the countries with the strict gun control bans ALWAYS had lower crime rates than the United States. To make this a valid argument it must be shown that the gun control laws themselves actually lowered the crime rate in relation to what it was prior.

The truth is the opposite. They rose. England is the classic example. So is Australia.
And it's interesting to look closely at the Scandinavian countries. Sparsely populated. Flippin' cold. I bet the crime rate in Antarctica is pretty low too.

343 posts, read 508,600 times
Quote:
Believes everything MoveOn.org writes.
Things Michael Moore is a genius.
Believes the Gitmo detainees are all a bunch of kindly grandmas.

Seems pretty naive to me.

Believes anyone reads moveon.org
Doesn't know the difference between the word "things" and the word "thinks"
Believes that it is ok to torture human beings in Gitmo because at least one of them HAS to be guilty.

Seems more retarded than trig.

9,984 posts, read 10,351,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post

That is incorrect Britain has a much higher crime rate than the United States, but has a much lower homocide rate than the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies