Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:43 AM

56 posts, read 66,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
let me take a shot in the dark here. does small mindedness=those with different views than you? does that not make you small minded?
What exactly is your problem?

I ask myself why you felt you needed to muscle-in on a civil message clearly not aimed at you? .... May I take it that whenever you see people described as 'small minded' -- you automatically get on the defensive for personal reasons?

That is very telling, my friend... and if you see yourself as being 'small-minded' - it's never too late to change...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 07:47 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
typical liberal anger and faux outrage. defensive much? you believe that you are enlightened, and progressive, and those who aren't just like you are living in the dark ages and small minded. get off the high horse and join reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefig View Post
What exactly is your problem?

I ask myself why you felt you needed to muscle-in on a civil message clearly not aimed at you? .... May I take it that whenever you see people described as 'small minded' -- you automatically get on the defensive for personal reasons?

That is very telling, my friend... and if you see yourself as being 'small-minded' - it's never too late to change...

Old 12-03-2008, 08:14 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefig View Post
O MY GOD! have I strayed back to the dark ages or what?
No, Just the Howdedoodee show.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:30 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDeDo View Post
11. God did not make a person a homosexual . In his Word, he clearly calls it an abomination and it comes with present consequences and future condemnation. God never goes against his written Word and instructions for mankind...which is out of love and concern .
I'll ignore the rest of this nutjobby post and focus on this. First of all, you do not know what "God's Word" says about anything because you and "God" have never spoken. The Bible is a work of fiction written by men, akin to Aesop's Fables and the works of Homer. And even if you somehow believe in your magical fairy tale as reality, didn't "God" create man in his image? If those desires are somewhere in someone's mind, weren't they put there by "God"?

Finally, you said that not one nation has ever stood with prevalent homosexuality...can you name one that has stood without it? NO nation has stood the test of time, so maybe fully accepted homosexuality might be the only way for it to happen. Maybe the reason why most nations have fallen is because of intolerance and bigotry like yours. Maybe it's because people cling to religious views that went obsolete centuries ago. I take it you believe that the world is less than 7000 years old and Noah's Ark was a literal story where millions of animals were able to coexist, eat, and defecate on a wooden ship for 40 days, right?

Old 12-03-2008, 10:34 AM

37,165 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDeDo View Post
'There are very few that can give a straight answer when questioned about why they feel so threatened by someone different (homosexuality) ...'

REPLY:

Straight answers per your request --- Regards.

6. It is biologically perverted because 2 men making love with feces present and 2 women sticking foriegn objects up each others vagina carries with it a big risk of infection and disease.
#6 is one of my favorites.

For someone who is not gay, you sure do seem to know a lot about what goes on behind closed doors. I am not at all certain if this is observation, conjecture, experience, hearsay, or the results of a great deal of studying things that disgust you.

Can you enlighten us as to the source for your information?

Thanks in advance, cue

Old 12-03-2008, 11:31 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Hey, what happened to that nazi dreaminofsouthdakota? Probably planning his next KKK rally.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:49 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What group are you a part of, pray tell?
Probably not a group that has much publicity...in fact, you MAY never have even heard of us. We don't really have a name, but I suppose if you insist, I could suggest one...maybe the "People sick and tired of B.S., who extend fairness to all, who are married interracially, yet have no patience at ALL with false, ill-conceived charges of 'racism' being leveled at any and all disagreements between any two members of any two races, and who bear no grudge against gays, (having gay friends and relatives ourselves), but are sick and tired of such outlandish charges as "homophobia" because we do not believe in same-sex marriage, and who, if given the opportunity, will vote against it in a calm and legal manner, and who have known and worked with illegal immigrants over many years, even having a few of them for relatives, but cannot speak out against illegal immigration without being accused of 'hating Hispanics'.."

..you know....THAT group...

AS I said, we don't usually call ourselves by any name, nor do we hold meetings. Perhaps because it would be too cumbersome to send out invitations. But anyway, that's my group. What's yours, if you don't mind my asking?

Last edited by macmeal; 12-03-2008 at 03:31 PM..

Old 12-03-2008, 02:59 PM

1,373 posts, read 3,125,749 times
I think with the homophobes, it's largely a thing of denial. They're too cowardly to come out and be proud of being gay, so they make up this fake conservative personality to hide it.

With racists it's just bad upbringing and people with nothing better to do. It's also fear and ignorance of the unknown.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:19 PM

37,165 posts, read 19,174,827 times
You are more than welcome.

It's a pleasure to chat with you.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:08 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Hmmm...something funny going on in here Just a few weeks ago, homosexuals in CA were calling the blacks, Chinese, and Hispanics who voted against same-sex marriage, "homophobes" and all kinds of other names.
Exactly ... But they will never admit their hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies