Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 01:44 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
It's an infringement on the American people. I can't believe that with all the problems this country has they zone in on smoking bans. With the war, the economy and the nationwide violence on the streets, the government and the idiotic/blind people focus on smoking, gay marriage, nudity, bleeping out swear words and riding in the back of pick up trucks. Wake up and realize people that this is why other countries are laughing at us and that these stupid and pointless laws are what is stopping our country from ever being truly free. While sombody who can't afford the money is getting ticketed for smoking in a bar, a woman across town is getting raped while the perpatrator gets off scot-free. Wake up.
Wow Banx, I never thought I would say this, but, I AGREE WITH YOU 110% on this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 01:45 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
While they are at it they should stop producing automobiles and fast food. Both are just as bad for you.
not so much automobiles until they can be replaced with sufficient public transportation but i can definitely do without fast food.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:46 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,599 times
On the one hand: Private owners of bars should have the ability to say what is, and isn't allowed on their private property. Besides, smoking in bars has historically been known to go hand-in-hand with drinking. It has been part of the bar atmosphere and if you dont like it, you can get the F*** out.

One the other hand: I hate going to a bar and coming home smelling like cigarette stink. There should, therotically, be some places where i can go without having to put up with the smell. Besides, statistics do not show that bar owners are losing money because of smoking bans. Smoking bans affect all drinking establishments and smokers recognize that it is not the fault of the owners. Smokers continue to go to bars even if they have to smoke outside.

At first I was against the smoking ban. But now, I am for it. The public should have the available options of going to a smoke free establishment. If it weren't for the law, anti-smoking bars would be on an unequal playing field with pro-smoking bars and would be greatly lured to allow smoking to keep up. And putting a "smoking" and "nonsmoking" area doesn't cut it.
Whereas the law applies to every establishment and puts everyone on an equal field. It allows bars to take the extra effort to accommodate smokers with smoking areas if they chose to so. Ironically, most bars don't make much of an extra effort which really speaks volumes of how important smoking is to an establishment.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:46 PM

937 posts, read 864,745 times
Also, they should get rid of tobacco, and beer. LOL

Old 11-30-2008, 01:47 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,513 times
It's awful funny that the ones who create these rules, dont even go in the bars. I always thought there were to many rules in this society today. I don't smoke anymore, but I could care less if others smoked in a bar. The more we *****, the more rules they put in play....Oh how art thou, were have all our freedoms gone?

P.S. when all are freedoms have been stripped of us and we begin to look like post ww2 Germany or Russia, we can thank ourselves for giving the government to much power and for whinning our freedoms away.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP443 View Post
Also, they should get rid of tobacco, and beer. LOL
and pixie sticks

Old 11-30-2008, 01:51 PM

937 posts, read 864,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
and pixie sticks
I can do without hotdogs as well.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:54 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times
How bout people that wear too much perfume/cologne???

Old 11-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP443 View Post
I can do without hotdogs as well.
I can do without reality tv shows (VH1 in particular)

Old 11-30-2008, 02:01 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,612,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I can do without reality tv shows (VH1 in particular)
K, lets stay on topic here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies