Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 08:11 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Not everyone marries because they are "compatible" in bed. Good for them.
People don't marry because they are compatible in bed, but they tend to stay married when they are.

Nothing worse than buyers remorse, all ways test drive before buying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 09:04 AM

144 posts, read 407,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
People don't marry because they are compatible in bed, but they tend to stay married when they are.

Wow, apparently love isn't in the equation? Seems to me like the more society is based around sex and free love, the more marriages fall apart. It's not like grandma and grandpa "test drove" eachother to find out if they would work. More than likely, they married for love, something this generation seems to know nothing about. /rant

Old 12-01-2008, 10:11 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,285 times
Weird .... but to each his own.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:23 AM

479 posts, read 1,442,775 times
That is no fun. I am sure they will probalby get a divorse once they see that they wont be sexually attracted. Ok I am just kidding. maybe they will do fine. But I do not believe in that abstinence crap in schools.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:50 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,866 times
I don't think this bodes well for the marriage.

Smells like some repressed Religious or Psychological issues in the mix for one or both of them. Or maybe one of them is really gay.

Good luck.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:54 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,716,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenSnow85 View Post
Wow, apparently love isn't in the equation? Seems to me like the more society is based around sex and free love, the more marriages fall apart. It's not like grandma and grandpa "test drove" eachother to find out if they would work. More than likely, they married for love, something this generation seems to know nothing about. /rant
Its terrible isn't it? Everyone is out for a good, meaningless f*ck, another reason I find bars and clubs almost repulsive.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Its terrible isn't it? Everyone is out for a good, meaningless f*ck, another reason I find bars and clubs almost repulsive.
Only in America... would such a natural and healthy thing such as sharing a kiss with a significant other immediately digress into "good meaningless f*ck talk."

No wonder so many people in America with weird repressed sexual issues. We have to get that Puritanical heritage behind us. Just not healthy.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:12 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,716,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Only in America... would such a natural and healthy thing such as sharing a kiss with a significant other immediately digress into "good meaningless f*ck talk."
Sorry if you interpreted what I said that way, I was referring to Frozen's post which I quoted... maybe you should read it.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Sorry if you interpreted what I said that way, I was referring to Frozen's post which I quoted... maybe you should read it.

My mistake for assuming that you and Frozen's comments had something at all to do with the OP. Go ahead with your free flowing consciousness.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:35 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

That's where marriage counseling comes into play. A good pastor should be discussing things with them before the marriage to make sure the expectations are right.

I knew well enough that I was attracted to my wife. We didn't have to test things out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies