Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:05 PM

16 posts, read 41,615 times

Advertisements

good! until you see that your relationship is wrong this is it! marriage is a sanctity ordained by god and god alone! you have no right to stain marriage with your perversion. if you want to get married marry a woman or if your a woman marry a man. if i were you i wouldnt want to do that because it is a curse. god will not and i repeat will not honor your marriage when you do it or when you die! god hates homosexuality and so does jesus and he will never accept your life style. you have just been preached!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,781,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylights700 View Post
good! until you see that your relationship is wrong this is it! marriage is a sanctity ordained by god and god alone! you have no right to stain marriage with your perversion. if you want to get married marry a woman or if your a woman marry a man. if i were you i wouldnt want to do that because it is a curse. god will not and i repeat will not honor your marriage when you do it or when you die! god hates homosexuality and so does jesus and he will never accept your life style. you have just been preached!
Well...I don't believe in god so....

Old 04-29-2009, 08:09 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
I'm still trying to fathom the difference between a civil wedding and a civil union. It seems to be just a bunch of semantics.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:58 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,593 times
Quote:
preached huh?
well thankyou.. I don't know where we would be without the valiant souls speaking the "word"...
Give me a break... You're disgusting and ridiculous... spout that garbage at church..where people want to hear it...
because frankly.. I don't care what jesus thinks.. and mostly I don't care WHAT your ignorant self thinks on the issue... worry about your own life .. don't concern yourself with others so much.. and you'll get a lot further
Good Day...

Old 04-29-2009, 11:44 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,672 times
Why don't you guys just abolish state sanctioned marriage and leave marriage up to religion. The state should only sanction civil unions and from a legal perspective, civil unions count - marriages don't, yet you still preserve the right of a church to marry only a male and female. This way, church and state is seperated-everyone is happy.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:51 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Why don't you guys just abolish state sanctioned marriage and leave marriage up to religion. The state should only sanction civil unions and from a legal perspective, civil unions count - marriages don't, yet you still preserve the right of a church to marry only a male and female. This way, church and state is seperated-everyone is happy.
because some churches marry gay and lesbian couples already.. even without the government recognizing it.. and the bigots wouldn't go for that because they want a scenario where the only people married in society are straight people... and the rule of law is the only thing that allows them to inflict their perspective on things...you can't tell a church what they can and can't do.. but you certainly can try and vote in bigotry into state laws.. which is what they are doing...
To them.. church(christian) and state should be blended more together in determining moral codes and foundations of law.
It's about power and influence... they want to ensure that a christian society remains intact and influencial in determining social standards.. the only way to do that is to make it a legal argument..problem is.. the legal argument doesn't have a leg to stand on once it's actually challenged in the court systems..but they certainly will tout the "will of the people" banter long and hard... tossing aside the constitutional principles the will of the people are seeking to violate...

Old 04-30-2009, 12:06 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
because some churches marry gay and lesbian couples already.. even without the government recognizing it.. and the bigots wouldn't go for that because they want a scenario where the only people married in society are straight people... and the rule of law is the only thing that allows them to inflict their perspective on things...you can't tell a church what they can and can't do.. but you certainly can try and vote in bigotry into state laws.. which is what they are doing...
To them.. church(christian) and state should be blended more together in determining moral codes and foundations of law.
It's about power and influence... they want to ensure that a christian society remains intact and influencial in determining social standards.. the only way to do that is to make it a legal argument..problem is.. the legal argument doesn't have a leg to stand on once it's actually challenged in the court systems..but they certainly will tout the "will of the people" banter long and hard... tossing aside the constitutional principles the will of the people are seeking to violate...
You mean they won't compromise lol. Well, fortunately their power and influence is subsiding and I think they know that.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
Just trying to understand the difference. This is not a pro- or anti- gay marriage thread.
If there is no difference then you might think that it would make no difference what you call it. But then why would so many favor Civil Unions but not Marriage for gays? The obvious answer is that these folks think there is a difference. If nothing else, its demeaning to Gays.

Also consider this. By separating these issues you open the door for the implementation of differences. If two water fountains are truly equal, what difference does it make if we pass a law saying that Blacks cannot drink from the White water fountain?

- Reel

Old 04-30-2009, 06:49 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm still trying to fathom the difference between a civil wedding and a civil union. It seems to be just a bunch of semantics.
Okay, a 'civil wedding' is what my parents had. They were married by a Justice of the Peace in 1948. I had the church wedding (though not a 'large' one!).

A 'civil union' is completely different in that it does not confer the same benefits as marriage even in most states where it is legal. And it certainly does not confer any of the over 1,000 federal marriage benefits. Social security survivor benefits, joint tax returns, automatic recognition by other states, just to name a few.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:07 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Quote:

Except there's no real proof that God or Jesus hates homosexuality.

Especially since Jesus himself never said ANYTHING about homosexuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies