Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm still trying to fathom the difference between a civil wedding and a civil union. It seems to be just a bunch of semantics.
ANYONE can have a wedding...it's the legal rights that are conferred with a civil union that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 10:39 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylights700 View Post
good! until you see that your relationship is wrong this is it! marriage is a sanctity ordained by god and god alone! you have no right to stain marriage with your perversion. if you want to get married marry a woman or if your a woman marry a man. if i were you i wouldnt want to do that because it is a curse. god will not and i repeat will not honor your marriage when you do it or when you die! god hates homosexuality and so does jesus and he will never accept your life style. you have just been preached!
Could you please quote for me exactly what Jesus had to say about homosexuals?

Thanks.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 PM

18,717 posts, read 33,380,506 times
I strongly recommend the book "What is Marriage For?" by EJ Graff. She details many of the 1,000+ rights and responsibilities (small and large) that automatically come with legal marriage and goes over the history of marriage in general (it has been "for" many things, some remarkably outdated and past and gone).
I say, let gay people have the chance to mess it up as much as straight people have.
I live in Massachusetts. I know some gay couples who are married, and some who aren't. The Republic appears to have survived.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:45 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I strongly recommend the book "What is Marriage For?" by EJ Graff. She details many of the 1,000+ rights and responsibilities (small and large) that automatically come with legal marriage and goes over the history of marriage in general (it has been "for" many things, some remarkably outdated and past and gone).
I say, let gay people have the chance to mess it up as much as straight people have.
I live in Massachusetts. I know some gay couples who are married, and some who aren't. The Republic appears to have survived.
Sensible post and I agree, coming from a place where same sex marriage has been occuring for years now, our democracy has survived. There are no raving lunatic homosexuals running through the streets snatching kids. Straight people still get married and most family units are still traditional households, whom the vast majority could care less if their neighbours are a gay couple or not. People are so susceptible to FEAR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies