Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 10:25 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,117,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Bush: 'I'm sorry' the economic crisis is occurring - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081201/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_interview - broken link)

Wow, so all this crap happens..we waste all this money on Iraq..and bail out the rich and all he can say is "sorry"?

Sorry but "sorry" is not going to cut it out for me. I am going to be out of college in a couple years and there will be no jobs or anything. Great! Thank you, Bush for saying "sorry" even though you were partially responsible for ruining the future of the younger Americans and having seniors losing their 401K.
Bush ain't sorry, he and Chaney got their money, and now its time to run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 10:39 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
No, not for me. 4,207 US deaths in Iraq, and all the man has to give is a simple, oops, "sorry"...??? That's an insult to Americans.

What do I want him to do? TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. Come up with a viable solution to fix things, even in the last month of his presidency. He's completely given up as our leader because he "accomplished" what he wanted (which I still don't even know what his agenda was - yet - we'll find out in the years to come). He should be charged with war crime.

So no, sorry is not good enough. I can't believe people are still defending this man.
I cannot believe people are even approving his work..that 19 percent?!

Old 12-02-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheShell View Post
Sorry isn't good enough? You want to hang him? How about hanging most of our congressmen and senators of the past 15 years while you're at it? After all, congress approves the budget, right? Why stop there? Maybe we should hang all the people who voted for him?

I didn't agree with many of his decisions either, but I'm not simpleminded or ignorant enough to place the bulk of the blame for our recession/economic crisis on his shoulders. (Yes, I noticed you said "partially".) Nor do I think he had the most influence, unless you mean influence through inaction. Most equations in life have more than one variable. This bubble started back in the Clinton era (though I don't solely blame Clinton either). I knew something was fishy back then when people kept telling me about the "double digit" returns they were routinely getting on their investments. What about the "houses for everyone" philosophy? I guess that one didn't really work out did it? Heck, the only reason we saw a significant increase in the number of jobs through the 90s was because of the computer/IT revolution....more about timing, less about the presidency. The whole "let's all get together, hold hands, cry and whine about Bush" thing seems adolescent.

And, FWIW, the seniors are fools if they have more than a few percent of their 401ks in stocks during (or as they approach) their retirement years. I feel like laughing every time I hear someone report how people near retirement sometimes lose their entire 401ks when their companies go under. They deserve it for not managing their portfolios and risk better. They should serve as a lesson to the rest of us. Here's an idea, don't put all your money in the most high risk investments possible!

Economic downturns are a part of life. The economy will recover. The markets will recover. However, IMHO, we need to ask ourselves if we prefer to have more frequent, albeit much shorter and less severe, downturns or if we prefer to stick to policies that encourage manipulating the currency and interest rates so as to postpone these inevitable downturns for as long as possible. The latter, of course, leads to much more severe consequences as is evidenced by our current crisis. You want to keep Wall Street honest? Don't bail them out, don't encourage them to lend to high risk borrowers, don't artificially set interest rates, don't inflate the currency. I guarantee you most of the big boys would have a much lower tolerance for risk under those circumstances.
Yes, he deserves to be hang like Saddam Hussein. He should be tried for the war criminal he is.

He insulted America and Americans. This man better pay up with the billions he has now.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:47 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,823,277 times

Quote:
Yes, he deserves to be hang like Saddam Hussein. He should be tried for the war criminal he is.

He insulted America and Americans. This man better pay up with the billions he has now.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:53 AM

479 posts, read 1,440,830 times
He can't fool anyone anymore. He is just deceiving the American people again.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekitor View Post
He can't fool anyone anymore. He is just deceiving the American people again.
No. He only deceived the ones that were naive enough to vote for him not just once, but twice. The rest of us (smart ones) were just trying to brace ourselves and hope for the best.

Like I said in anothe thread, Europe is referring to (USA) as meaning,

U= U
S= Stupid
A= A-Holes

Old 12-02-2008, 11:00 AM

37,068 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:

What billions?

Do you mean the $12 Billion he sent to Paul Bremer (360 TONS of cash banded to pallets) in Iraq that simply vanished with no accountability whatever? That's not but 20 or so tractor trailer loads of money.

My bet is that it is being used to stuff one of the condos in Dubai that are beng built on the new palm-shaped island there.

There is no US/Dubai extradition treaty, BTW.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What billions?

Do you mean the $12 Billion he sent to Paul Bremer (360 TONS of cash banded to pallets) in Iraq that simply vanished with no accountability whatever? That's not but 20 or so tractor trailer loads of money.

My bet is that it is being used to stuff one of the condos in Dubai that are beng built on the new palm-shaped island there.

There is no US/Dubai extradition treaty, BTW.
Possibly!!

Old 12-02-2008, 11:05 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,823,277 times
now imagine how stupid we look after electing half black george bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
No. He only deceived the ones that were naive enough to vote for him not just once, but twice. The rest of us (smart ones) were just trying to brace ourselves and hope for the best.

Like I said in anothe thread, Europe is referring to (USA) as meaning,

U= U
S= Stupid
A= A-Holes

Old 12-02-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
now imagine how stupid we look after electing half black george bush!
I don't understand what your saying?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies