Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 03:40 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
Religion is perfectly okay. However, when people start getting the idea that it's the only way to live, that's when the problems begin. From there, they will begin to preach to non-believers, and then they get the idea that people who do not wish to believe are going to be condemned for eternity. The last phase is when they take action believing they are pleasing God by eliminating the non-believers. I've come across many Christians who told me I'm going to Hell, God is going to punish me for eternity, ARE YOU CRAZY? How can you not believe? etc It's scary how close their MINDSET is too the extreme Muslims.

(I'm in no way saying, die hard Christians are terrorists, I'm saying the concept is just one step further)
What if a scientist discovered the cure for cancer but decided to keep this lifesaving information to himself? For Christians to be silent and to not share the gospel would be essentially withholding lifesaving information from a non-believer. If the non-believer does not wish to hear the message or rejects the message, then the Christian should respect that person's free will to choose. Personally, I prefer to establish rapport with a non-believer and then discuss the gospel. I'm not for knocking on strangers doors because I personally do not want to open my door to a stranger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 03:41 PM

540 posts, read 629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Educate yourself and Google "Srebrenica massacre".
Google your heart, your mind, your soul, your brain, your granmother for goodness sake. What [planet do you hale from?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:48 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,313,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
What if a scientist discovered the cure for cancer but decided to keep this lifesaving information to himself? For Christians to be silent and to not share the gospel would be essentially withholding lifesaving information from a non-believer.
The fullness of the fascist mindset is openly on display within this post. Within these few sentences this poster has demonstrated the common cause the Taliban and fundamentalist Christians serve. Every patriotic American should be very concerned that people like this are endeavoring to gain power over them.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:54 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
You rock.
I seccond that!

Old 12-05-2008, 03:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
The fullness of the fascist mindset is openly on display within this post. Within these few sentences this poster has demonstrated the common cause the Taliban and fundamentalist Christians serve. Every patriotic American should be very concerned that people like this are endeavoring to gain power over them.
Ohhh, sheesh! Are you serious? How sick.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Your post sounds pretty fascist.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:14 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,313,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Ohhh, sheesh! Are you serious? How sick.
The basic instinct of self preservation has left human beings a long time ago. The longer human "civilization"--domestication--continues to exist the more human beings loose touch with themselves. The extreme danger of the Christian mindset should be painfully obvious to any human being, here is an ideology that demands that a person jettison logic, reason, observation and experience drawn from their engagement with the world around them in favor of fantasy and faith; two things totally at variance with worldly interaction. No species of animal so unaware of the world around them can survive.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
The basic instinct of self preservation has left human beings a long time ago. The longer human "civilization"--domestication--continues to exist the more human beings loose touch with themselves. The extreme danger of the Christian mindset should be painfully obvious to any human being, here is an ideology that demands that a person jettison logic, reason, observation and experience drawn from their engagement with the world around them in favor of fantasy and faith; two things totally at variance with worldly interaction. No species of animal so unaware of the world around them can survive.
As a Christian, I am very much aware of the world around me and all I see is a world that has lost its sense of direction and dying. When I look at our nation, I see a nation that has moved so far away from the Christian principles that it was originally founded upon and sinking further and further into chaos. We have kids killing each other, children committing suicide, a failing public education system, economic collapse induced by greed, politicians who are self-serving and power hungry, etc. Our nation has lost its compass and "science" continues to tell us that we are nothing more than cosmic accidents and that we descended from apes and that we destroyers of the environment? No wonder there are so many hopeless people with low self-esteem in the US today because people are not told about their worth. We are worth so much that God sacrificed His sinless son to die on the cross to atone for all of our sins. All God asks of us is that we repent (turn from) our sins and accept Jesus free gift of salvation. He knows that we are less than perfect human beings but He loves us despite our flaws. As we walk in fellowship with Jesus, He helps us overcome our sin and weaknesses so that we CAN live righteious, joyful lives.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:53 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,532 times
New Poll Shows… LGBT’s Need to Get it in Gear NOW!!! (http://lezgetreal.com/2008/12/new-poll-shows-lgbts-need-to-get-it-in.html - broken link)

Old 12-05-2008, 08:08 PM

540 posts, read 629,777 times
Quote:
Survived for over 2000 years thus far. Longer than any of the fascist attempts at subjugation, the many variances of the "truths" you speak. Whether you are a believer or not, christianity is probably the one thing that has kept the human race from being enslaved by narcissist philosophies of the left. If we lived under Muslim law then that would be a tragedy. That one cannot understand the difference is example enough of a severe intellectual void. Now go comb your hair and get ready for church. Did you even look for a job today?

Last edited by schtyk; 12-05-2008 at 08:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies