Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2008, 10:21 AM

42,618 posts, read 86,598,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
. But I agree that both should be protected as free speech with a little common sense. ]

"A little" is exactly how much we've got, which is why there is so much bickering about the constitution. And the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 11:03 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,262,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Hmmm. What happens when atheists similarly show love for their fellow human beings? Perhaps by showing up at a picnic and passing out business cards. Can you feel the love? So, where is the fault here? Does it lie with the message or with the messenger?
You are exactly correct!! You, however, have not met nor do you know me. So do you assume that I walk around with a cross on my shoulder? Wrong. I feel that a person or persons who invade picnics are not effective. It's all about the Golden Rule. By first asking ourselves what would we feel if our picnic was invaded... you get the point.

Just don't judge all Christians or Atheists for that matter by the acts of a one or two. The one bad apple in the barrel rule should apply. The major difference is that we are discussing eternal Hope. Even when discussing Hope, friendship first is necessary.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:08 AM

1,509 posts, read 3,075,267 times
Another blind Obama follower? Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post

The major difference is that we are discussing eternal Hope. Even when discussing Hope, friendship first is necessary.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:40 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,262,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Another blind Obama follower? Sigh.
Please explain the Obama connection you see.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:47 AM

"hope" and "change" are Obama buzzwords

Quote:
Please explain the Obama connection you see.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:50 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,376,578 times
Quote:
You are exactly correct!! You, however, have not met nor do you know me. So do you assume that I walk around with a cross on my shoulder?
I'm not blaming all this on you personally. But when you talk about how True Christians spread the faith by showing the Christlike love of fellow humans, I get a little and understandably antsy. How far behind all this Christlike love can the Good News actually be? Here's an update: This society is saturated by Christianity and by Christians. All of us either already are Christians or are fed up to here with being pestered by them. There is no further news-spreading that needs to be done here, thank you very much. If True Christians wish to demonstrate their Christlike love of fellow humans, they should go back to their homes and churches and be quiet.

Religion is an individual matter. Mine is of no concern to you. Yours is of no concern to me. Until you barge into my life and begin to boast over it. At that point, shutting you up is no imposition on your rights at all, but rather a defense of my own. Free exericise freaks (and there have been some to post in this thread) ever fail to recognize this point. They cross the line and then get all uppity over being told to get back where they belong. That's no part of Christlike love...

Old 12-06-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
So we can expect now to have some right-wing moonbat standing by to blow the whistle any time someone uses those words, regardless of context??? That's just wonderful. I hope that this will change over time...

Old 12-06-2008, 11:55 AM

I'm actually more of a sunbat--that's why I live in Florida.

And since when did being skeptical of Obama's mind-numbing cult merit a charge of "right wing"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
So we can expect to have some right-wing moonbat standing by to blow the whistle any time someone uses those words, regardless of context??? Wonderful...

Old 12-06-2008, 12:01 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,073,740 times
Quote:
So Obama supporters OWN those words?

Sorry, anyone can use them even repubs.

My neighbor told me he "hopes" to catch some fish today....according to you , he's an Obama supporter but he voted for McSame! There! you're wrong.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
And since when did being skeptical of Obama's mind-numbing cult merit a charge of "right wing"?
Since you started using phraseology such as Another blind Obama follower? Sigh.

Mind-numbing cult doesn't portend so well either, by the way.

Meanwhile, feel free to go away unless you can post something more germane to the actual topic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies