Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 09:31 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,870,094 times

Advertisements

I don't understand, maybe its me... but shouldn't Islamic parents HAVE the right to buy dolls that fit in with their religion? Why are people so intolerable about someone else's religion? I am not Islamic but I could care less about a doll that is geared towards Islamic parents and children... It seems to me that we have more religious intolerance then people lead on... being an atheist, I don't care if you believe in Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Hindu, Buddha, Satanism, whatever.... I don't care if you make dolls for any of them and neither should any of you... its absolutely none of your business... so stay out of their business...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 09:45 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,596,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't understand, maybe its me... but shouldn't Islamic parents HAVE the right to buy dolls that fit in with their religion? Why are people so intolerable about someone else's religion? I am not Islamic but I could care less about a doll that is geared towards Islamic parents and children... It seems to me that we have more religious intolerance then people lead on... being an atheist, I don't care if you believe in Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Hindu, Buddha, Satanism, whatever.... I don't care if you make dolls for any of them and neither should any of you... its absolutely none of your business... so stay out of their business...
Round of applause there..
I saw in the reports something about " no indication of Islam was printed on the box"..I suppose that in itself would be a pathetic enough reason for those that believe all the tripe to jump on it. Like they were using it as an excuse for their phobia??

Old 12-05-2008, 09:48 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,671,574 times
Anytime I see (or hear) the word "OUTRAGED" in a news report, I know it's going to be ridiculous.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:53 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
Round of applause there..
I saw in the reports something about " no indication of Islam was printed on the box"..I suppose that in itself would be a pathetic enough reason for those that believe all the tripe to jump on it. Like they were using it as an excuse for their phobia??
Mattel hid their agenda by naming the doll "Little Mommy Real Loving Baby Cuddle and Coo."

Old 12-05-2008, 09:54 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,115,694 times
1. Some people have clearly never heard a baby babbling.
2. Since records are no longer vinyl that can be "played backwards" for "secret messages" the lunatics have to come up with SOME other source of "scary messages" that only they can hear.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:11 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,596,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Mattel hid their agenda by naming the doll "Little Mommy Real Loving Baby Cuddle and Coo."
There must be some hidden reference to Islam in there somewhere though. Or does it mean they really tried to sneak it past everyone.?? That`s naughty..

Old 12-05-2008, 10:18 AM

594 posts, read 1,044,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Agreed, as long as the doll is advertised as such.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:58 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,031,688 times
Why would anybody intentionally produce a doll that made both of these statements, which are contradictory to any faith? Muslims also believe in a Satan equivalent, which is abhorrent to their faith.

, according to Islamic belief, Satan is not considered to be a 'fallen' angel, but a jinn who was among the ranks of angels due to his wisdom and piety; in Islamic belief, angels always follow God's commands, but jinns (like humans) have free will, which explains why Satan was able to rebel against God's command of bowing to Adam. ---Wikipedia

Old 12-05-2008, 11:19 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,031,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
It`s old news but here are some links to have a listen, and maybe scare yourselves stupid with some more Urban Legends...
Talking Doll Allegedly Says 'Islam Is the Light'
I personally know a family that had one of these dolls and they heard "Islam is the light". I have no problem with Mattel creating a doll that speaks pro-Islamic messages but they need to advertise it correctly.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:25 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,671,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I personally know a family that had one of these dolls and they heard "Islam is the light". I have no problem with Mattel creating a doll that speaks pro-Islamic messages but they need to advertise it correctly.
Really? Someone always has a friend of a friend, right? I suggest you look at the urban legends pages linked prior in this thread and listen to the actual audio.

People hear what they want to hear due to their paranoia, when in reality, it's babble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies