Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Because they SAID they were black????
How about that?
Enough is enough.
I hate to call someone a liar, but after going through 20 pages of postings, I'm not so reticent.

Lulu101 started this line of argument and through her numerous posts she never once mentions or hints at her race. Perhaps you have a better example?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 05:58 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I hate to call someone a liar, but after going through 20 pages of postings, I'm not so reticent.

Lulu101 started this line of argument and through her numerous posts she never once mentions or hints at her race. Perhaps you have a better example?
Sure I do.

Raggy Dee Ann.

The person who told me to walk up to a black person and tell them about my views and see what they do to me.

You can call me anything you want. You will be wrong. And I'm still trying to leave this thread, but I won't as long as people attempt to libel me.

I'm not the liar. I'm not the racist.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:10 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
I said:

"The black people who have posted that Goldman should stop whining and get over the murders already"

Ovcatto said:

"And you know that these posters, to a person, is black? How do you tell that, by their typing style?... I hate to call someone a liar, but after going through 20 pages of postings, I'm not so reticent."

Raggy Dee Ann said:

"The Goldmans were constantly after Simpsons money in the guise of it being compensation for their sons life."

"So Fred Goldmans main employment is sales in the mens wear dept? Not that there is anything wrong with it, but no wonder he's eyeing OJ's money."

"Both Fred and Kim just come across as greedy."

"As for Fred he'll never be satisfied...you just know it... And the law is an azz."

And in the Jesse Jackson thread she said:

"As a matter of fact I am Black."

So I'm glad Ovcatto didn't call me a liar, because if he did, Ovcatto would be wrong.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:22 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
As a person who has lost a family member to violence, I can tell you there is never closure, never. This situation isn't a racial issue to ME. The Simpson murder trial and acquittal was a horrible miscarriage of justice.

This evil man named OJ Simpson murdered two innocent people in cold blood and got away with it. I think the Goldman family has shown amazing restraint given OJ's overwhelming guilt for the murders and constant mocking of them in the press. If I was in their position, I would never let the public forget what Simpson did to my child or brother either!
Sorry to hear that. Was your family member an innocent bystander? Killed by a someone close ie family member? Was he/she involved in violence themselves?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:20 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Raggy dee Ann, It would be unwise to share the details of the most devastating event of my life, and continues to be 22 years later, as some people in this thread want to stratify levels of grief and judge "appropriate" responses to grief. My comment above was an attempt to share with people who have not had a life shattering loss my understanding of the Goldman family's actions.

Unless a person has experienced the permanent, violent, premature loss of a very loved person due to the actions of another, the discussion will be academic to them. It is too painful of a subject to be academic to me.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-11-2008 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: add name of person addressed

Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 AM

784 posts, read 2,264,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterscorpion View Post
Ok first things first. Several of your posts have been less than pleasant. When your opinion is challenged, you assume a defensive posture. The whole point of the topic was to discuss what the Black race feels in light of OJ finally being incarcerated. You post things which you know will be considered "sensitive" to some and wonder why people openly challenge you? I'm not sure I understand what it is your trying to say, prove, or establish, but maybe you could isolate whatever it is and say it.

Second of all, for me to say that different races do not make fun of, poke fun at, and insult others who are not of thier skin color or origin would be foolish. You ask a question you already know the answer to. I have had many people try to use the "Race Card" as a means to dissuade me from taking them into custody. It doesnt bother me because, 1. If You do the Crime, you do the time, 2. Race has no bearing on my decision making unless its part of a description of an individual relating to a criminal offense.

I see the sarcasm in your words and that explains alot about who you are. I do not know you, but I'm willing to bet I've dealt with your type (Stereotype here...sarcastic, bitter, and always right) once or twice in my career. I've said it over and over again. There are good people and bad people in every race. You seem to be hung up on the Black race for whatever reason. Be careful, your agenda is showing.

So if your life is so pleasant and easy going, why bother with this thread? Something must be eating at your craw? I dont get it. In one sentence you'll say they get what they deserve and in the other you'll recant and say not all are bad? Agenda, agenda, agenda........

There are a lot of books on Racism...perhaps you should start there.

(I too have have black in my family. The difference between you and I is that I am NOT using that fact to reinforce how I am not a racist)

Peace
Winter
You just did!

Old 12-11-2008, 09:51 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Oi! Why? The thread has veered from original intent and question which was If OJ had his "ghetto" pass revoked. Translated it means did the Black community withdraw their support for OJ this time.
Wait a minute? So the definition of ghetto is the black community? I swear I learn something new everyday on this forum. I wonder how come I only read these things but never actually hear people saying them?

Old 12-11-2008, 11:11 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,137 times
Well said Texan2yankee, well said and well written and no doubt extremely difficult to do so. What I have previously written not only in this thread but other postings, too often people are to quick and willing to make assumptions and edict what timeframe(s) is/are supposed to be appropriate for grief...including the loss of a child regardless of how the child died...22 years for your loss, 30 years for my loss and there continue to be times that I can still not talk about it without a knife piercing me...it simply does not go away...it may get easier but never is it over....what others also seem not to be able to understand that there are those situations, holidays, birthdays, weddings...you always know who is NOT there...and I think even the greatest shock to absorb is that no matter how important, devastating a loss and tragedy may be, the world does not stop for us...

I have also written and I do believe it, does not matter if we know the Goldmans or not, but even logic dictates...the money does not bring back a child...it does not alter anything...it does not fix anything...it does not make it better....however it is a form of accountability...no different than suing a physician or hospital for negligence...does not bring the patient back but it does help in illustrating accountability, perhaps the hospital and/or a physician will be more careful next time so another patient does not die or suffer some permanent disability because of negligence; and perhaps the Court system will take another look at its process .... it is not about greed and putting a red bow on a savings account....

I have a good friend whose mom was murdered (I believe that I have posted this much earlier); she was sentenced to 13-life...served 8 and is out because of changes in sentencing laws...do you think my friend and her family are pleased...of course not...there were also serious failures between the judiciary, court and probation and parole; the family is contemplating lawsuit as well...will it bring their mom back, of course not...can it possibly help to bring attention to this situation so perhaps it does not happen again...

Basically there are those who, I guess, figure those who sue, like the Goldman's are trying to figure out how to put a value on the price of a person, in particular the price of a child....and that, is impossible...

Old 12-11-2008, 01:01 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Wait a minute? So the definition of ghetto is the black community? I swear I learn something new everyday on this forum. I wonder how come I only read these things but never actually hear people saying them?
A mod changed the title of this thread, as it was rather offensive.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:09 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
A mod changed the title of this thread, as it was rather offensive.
I know - I was commenting on the translation of the OP:

Quote:
Oi! Why? The thread has veered from original intent and question which was If OJ had his "ghetto" pass revoked. Translated it means did the Black community withdraw their support for OJ this time.
I was confused as how "ghetto pass" was synonymous with the "black community" Actually I was confused by the term ghetto pass - is it like a ticket? Does it get you into concerts? Discounts at the mall? Free movie rentals at Blockbuster? When you get pulled over do the police say "oh she's ghetto - let her go" guess it's just one more thing I'll never know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies