Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 02:46 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times

Advertisements

I honestly do not care about gun rights. I think we would be better off without guns but the "pro life" Republicans would cry without their guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 02:48 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I honestly do not care about gun rights. I think we would be better off without guns but the "pro life" Republicans would cry without their guns.

Protecting ones family and self from murderers and rapists really compares to killing innocent babies.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:58 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
So the 2nd amendment is a good place to start for triaging our rights as citizens?

Old 12-08-2008, 03:23 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
I equate banning guns to banning gay marriage...
when will it end?
I consider myself pretty liberal, and I don't come in contact with guns really EVER. But I do understand that it is a right, and I do understand the importance of protection and such.
Lets put it this way, I don't have any reason to have a gun, but if my house was robbed or broken into, or some low life was threatening my family... I wouldn't think twice about going and getting one and being trained on how to use it.
Scaring the public and twisting the thruth on everything whether it be gay marriage, guns, drugs, abortion, for the sake of banning something is a tactic used in a democracy to do exactly that, scare the public into willingly give up their rights. Or persuade a majority to take it away in a vote.
Its wrong... and anything but democratic... even though people like to claim it is.

Old 12-08-2008, 05:58 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,197 times
Quote:

Let me guess, you only care about the Constitutional rights that pertain to you?

Typical.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:29 PM

78,380 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Well, you know Obama's record on infringing on gun owners rights, as well as his willingness to eliminate CCW rights.

Also, regarding the Heller case and the Supreme Court decision, please tell us why Obama chose not to support the case?

Why don't you please let the other members of the forum of Obama's record on gun controll.

Let's not forget the most anti-2nd White House, and subsequent appointments in US history:

Biden
Clinton
Nepalitano
Holder

The list goes on and on.....

Just so you know, the illegal handgun ban in DC stood for 30+ years.
It is hard to discern the points you are trying to make given that I acknowledged ALREADY obama is generally anti-gun. This doesn't invalidate my comments that the SENATE is the key to protecting those rights (along with the supreme court) So basically, you are disagreeing with me by agreeing with everything I said and then imagining the rest. Re-read what I'm actually saying (calm down) I suspect in person we would have a fine discussion and reach some sort of friendly understanding on the topic.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:32 PM

78,380 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Egads. Um, how well is the "war on drugs" going? Additionally, the areas with the biggest gun problems are liberal, heavily democrat urban areas...oh wait...DC had a 30+ year gun ban....how has that worked for them?

Seems like you march the party line and are incapable of independent thought on the matter. Hey rationalize the results by repeating "evil republicans"....DC is about 99% democrat....they butcher each other daily.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:51 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I don't have any reason to have a gun, but if my house was robbed or broken into, or some low life was threatening my family... I wouldn't think twice about going and getting one and being trained on how to use it.
Why wait? If your house is broken into, "the day after" might be too late - dead people aren't allowed to buy guns. An ounce of prevention and all that...

Old 12-08-2008, 11:53 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
I honestly do not care about free speech. I think we would be better off without free speech but the "pro hate" Democrats would cry without their free speech.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:48 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
boo freaking hoo! We need our guns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies