Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 01:24 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,538,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagKm View Post
He didn't win by a landslide. Nixon winning 49 states was a landslide. Something like 50 million people in the USA voted for McCain (McCain was hardly a compelling candidate), presumably because they DIDN'T WANT an Obama in there along with the racial group interests that were going to follow him there.

There have been thousands of articles written about the affirm action or white guilt or non-white racists' support with regards to Obama, so I won't bother again to repeat all the points, but suffice it to say if a man with Obama's record, who was White, ran and said/did the very same things, he never would have made it out of the Democrat primary.
Did you read the papers the day after the election? Yes, based on the amount of electoral votes he received, he DID win by a landslide, the greatest amount in I think it was around 40 years or so. As far as racial interest groups go, save your white supremacy act for someone else who's interested. You sound exactly like that little old biddie at one of the McCain rallies crying about "what about us white people? Now Obama's only going to care about blacks!"..booohooohooohooo. PLEASE! Do you think all the WHITE presidents we've had since beginning of time was putting the white agenda above everyone else's? If so, are you ok w/that but then not ok w/getting blacks to move ahead in society? Hypocrite.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
You are wrong.

The only other conclusion someone could come to is that you are trying to deceive.

If you don't think there are quotas, then you are not in a position of power or a politician.
Did you comprehend my original post? I clearly said the city has quotas...please re-read posts before you misquote them.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:25 PM

138 posts, read 195,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Did you read the papers the day after the election? Yes, based on the amount of electoral votes he received, he DID win by a landslide, the greatest amount in I think it was around 40 years or so. As far as racial interest groups go, save your white supremacy act for someone else who's interested. You sound exactly like that little old biddie at one of the McCain rallies crying about "what about us white people? Now Obama's only going to care about blacks!"..booohooohooohooo. PLEASE! Do you think all the WHITE presidents we've had since beginning of time was putting the white agenda above everyone else's? If so, are you ok w/that but then not ok w/getting blacks to move ahead in society? Hypocrite.
You just proved you are not unbiased.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
You just proved you are not unbiased.
You're a waste of time, bye bye! I have no idea what you're even trying to say.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:29 PM

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Civil Rights

Haha, so much for our first "post-racial" president..........look, America just needs to wake up to the fact that "racism" in all its forms (crude or sophisticated) is getting worse, and it's an expected by-product of a multi-cultural and multi-racial nation. Obama was the very first president in US history that benefited/existed solely because of racial concerns.

The government will get MORE INVOLVED in race issues, and in the process, take away our freedoms. The net-loser in this racial-spoils game will be Whites, arguably because they are the least racist and mostly totally unaware.

Look at the last paragaph:

Quote:
Record of Advocacy: Obama has worked to promote civil rights and fairness in the criminal justice system throughout his career. As a community organizer, Obama helped 150,000 African Americans register to vote.
Could you imagine if John McCain or Bush went out to register "Whites"? Yeah, tell me how Obama is "post-racial" and not racist. I'm waiting.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
The net-loser in this racial-spoils game will be Whites, arguably because they are the least racist and mostly totally unaware.
-& you call me biased? Take a look in the mirror. I'm a white female, I have it worse than a black male in some respects, so please spare me. Whites have nothing to worry about, their little climb up the ladder has no hurdles in it. Pat yourself on the back!

Old 12-08-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
You're a waste of time, bye bye! I have no idea what you're even trying to say.
Can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen!! Don't let the door hit you.....

bye-bye

Old 12-08-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
-& you call me biased? Take a look in the mirror. I'm a white female, I have it worse than a black male in some respects, so please spare me. Whites have nothing to worry about, their little climb up the ladder has no hurdles in it. Pat yourself on the back!
According to what? Your lone opinion, that has been skewered by facts?

Are you single? Will you at least answer me that? I'll bet $100 that you are, and have you had problems finding a good boyfriend?

Women like you are supposed to be the mothers of our next generations?

Old 12-08-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen!! Don't let the door hit you.....

bye-bye
Clearly you haven't read the rest of the page for I did post after you. I'm not sure what your problem is, but you have a very definite problem w/reading comprehension.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
According to what? Your lone opinion, that has been skewered by facts?

Are you single? Will you at least answer me that? I'll bet $100 that you are, and have you had problems finding a good boyfriend?
Hmmm, now I gotta ask, what in the world does being single or not have to do w/these posts at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.