Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 11:07 AM

138 posts, read 195,894 times

Advertisements

'View' host fires back at Rev. Wright :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: People (http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/people/1320922,CST-NWS-view09.article - broken link)

Quote:
Wright said, "I know that dumb broad on the -- what's her name -- 'The View,' don't like that.''
First of all Reverend, when not using ebonics, the correct term is "doesn't".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 12:08 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagKm View Post
'View' host fires back at Rev. Wright :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: People (http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/people/1320922,CST-NWS-view09.article - broken link)

First of all Reverend, when not using ebonics, the correct term is "doesn't".
why must your post have a racist tinge to it.who gives a **** if he used the sentence that way you understand it!

the white whining of blacks using ebonics is getting old

Old 12-09-2008, 12:11 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Rev. Wright is just an A$$ and for Obama to sit in that church for over 20 yrs and only leaving when the media was reproting it...makes me sick...just as all others who are still sitting there and listening to this hate preaching.

I wonder when the IRS is going to present them the bill for preaching politics in a church, that will make my day!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 01:22 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Stop complaining about Rev Wright!!!! He is not a Southern Baptist, and he is buddies with Obama. That means he is free to speak as he pleases and we should applaud whatever he says. Remember kids, religion is only hateful when it is the right wingers expressing their feelings.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:29 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
I heard this man speak on "Fresh Air" on WUWM today...Pro-Life — And In Favor Of Keeping Abortion Legal : NPR
His parents were very instrumental in leading the anti-abortion movement & as he grew up in that fundamentalist home, he too participated in it. As he got older, his views changed. Anyway, why I'm bringing this up is because he was talking about society's views on Obama & Rev. Wright as compared to a white man preaching about "godless" society. He found it interesting & hypocritical that as long as you're a white man preaching those almost identical things as Wright was, no one had a problem w/it. Yet as soon as a black man starts in on it, there's hell to pay. He has a point, it's hypocritical. He also mentioned behind-the-scenes things that were said, in particular he talked about being in the room w/Falwell, talking about homosexuality. Falwell said "Those homosexuals disgust me. If I had a dog that did that, I would shoot it." Pretty sick crap, don't you think?

Old 12-09-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
He found it interesting & hypocritical that as long as you're a white man preaching those almost identical things as Wright was, no one had a problem w/it. Yet as soon as a black man starts in on it, there's hell to pay. He has a point, it's hypocritical.
You've got to be kidding me, right?

No one has complained at all about what white preachers preach, or what white Christians in the south believe. Nope, never heard anyone criticize either. ESPECIALLY here on city-data in the last couple of years.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:48 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
You've got to be kidding me, right?

No one has complained at all about what white preachers preach, or what white Christians in the south believe. Nope, never heard anyone criticize either. ESPECIALLY here on city-data in the last couple of years.
I'm just going by what this gentleman said on the program & his own experiences being right in the thick of it.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I'm just going by what this gentleman said on the program & his own experiences being right in the thick of it.
Maybe he was asleep when Obama apologists were trying to turn John Hagee into John McCain's Rev Wright. McCain did not once defend Hagee, and spoke out against him. McCain had also labeled Falwell and other political preachers that the left loves to hate "agents of intolerance".

Quote:
as long as you're a white man preaching those almost identical things as Wright was, no one had a problem w/it.
See above....

Old 12-09-2008, 04:13 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times
Say what you will about the Rev. He's still right about Hasselbeck, except I'd substitute the word "broad" with another B-word. How anyone can take that b!mbo seriously when her claim to fame is LOSING on survivor but having a decent body? I've never heard her say anything insightful, but I've heard her say plenty of hateful and stupid things. What about her racist tirade against Deepak Chopra?

Old 12-09-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Say what you will about the Rev. He's still right about Hasselbeck, except I'd substitute the word "broad" with another B-word. How anyone can take that b!mbo seriously when her claim to fame is LOSING on survivor but having a decent body? I've never heard her say anything insightful, but I've heard her say plenty of hateful and stupid things. What about her racist tirade against Deepak Chopra?
She sits on a panel of women that I cannot seem to take seriously. As sad as it is, Whoopi is the only one that seems to occasionally make sense, and that isn't often at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies