Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 03:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachytree View Post
No, you "atheists" are so hell-bent on hating Christians for some bizarre reason.

Let's go over this again. If you are Jew or Muslim, hostilty towards Christmas and Christians can be understood and even expected, although from my observations it is the Jew, and not the Muslim, that we find behind most Christmas-related hate and hostility.

What bugs me is not that "not everyone is a Christian". The point is:

Why do so many people who were born to Christian ancestors, or people whose ancestors' countries were culturally attached to it (European-descended Whites for example) have so much hatred for Christmas? It makes no sense.

You don't see atheist or secular Jews on a mission to eliminate their fellow Jews' holidays and traditions, do you?

It just a saddens me to see so many, and mostly White, Americans so hostile to a Western cultural tradition. Even most nominal Chrisitans probably don't always "believe" (look at Mother Teresa), but they don't go haywire an attack their culture's holiday.
Nobody hates Christians. It appears from your posts in this thread that you're projecting your own hate onto others.

This thread is about a specific news event. The "Merry Christmas v. Happy Holidays" thread might provide the deep philosophical discussion you seek.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:51 PM

147 posts, read 91,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
It's called "having the right to believe or not believe". And clearly, you may want to start a new thread on this because this has nothing to do w/the thread at hand.
You are putting words in others' mouths, and nobody has ever said that. This thread is not about Christians pushing their views, but the opposite, go back and read the first post.

If you don't believe, fine, let the Christians have their holiday in peace.

karfar, are you using your "atheism" as cover for Christian-hate? That would be another page out of the pro-jewish pathology. Were you brought up Jewish?

Old 12-11-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Nobody hates Christians. It appears from your posts in this thread that you're projecting your own hate onto others.

This thread is about a specific news event. The "Merry Christmas v. Happy Holidays" thread might provide the deep philosophical discussion you seek.
1) care to back that up? Nobody hates Christians? Can you find one of my posts that "projects" hate? (whatever that means)

2) Maybe that would be a better thread, but really they are about the same subject.

I'm not trying to have a philosophical discussion of any kind. I thought we were talking about people who hate Christmas, the War on Christmas etc. What do you think this thread is about?

I was also curious about why European-descended Whites, born to families that have been at least nominally Christian for CENTURIES, are suddenly so hostile towards it. Why they cannot even see the cultural value in it? Nobody has given even one reason why.

So I'm concluding that some "atheists" may very well be Jews that use the movement as cover to push pro-jewish pathology and agenda.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
You are putting words in others' mouths, and nobody has ever said that. This thread is not about Christians pushing their views, but the opposite, go back and read the first post.

karfar, are you using your "atheism" as cover for Christian-hate? That would be another page out of the pro-jewish pathology. Were you brought up Jewish?
Like I've said before... I cannot hate what isn't there, which is why most Atheists, including myself do not hate the christian 'god'.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:56 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:

Ok, I am officially done with you. I have no idea what you are saying. No where in my previous post did I mention anything about what you're talking about. You're posts have become pathetic to say the least & are having nothing to do w/the issue at hand. Great attempt to divert when people bring something up or ask you a question. I guess you were never taught the correct mode of discussion.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:57 PM

710 posts, read 2,233,575 times
Quote:
If the minor Jewish holiday of Hannukah was in October, it would be about as famous as Purim.
You are 100% correct. But you understand Purim is pretty famous in most Jewish homes.

THIS Jew wouldn't care 1 speck what Christians do on or near MY holiday.
That's just it, it's MY holiday, not yours. We're not asking YOU to do ANYTHING on OUR holidays.
"The Holidays" in the US are from Thanksgiving to New Years - a representation of OUR holiday is appropriate there. That's it.

Hanukkah was elevated b/c Jews in America (actually Europe) wanted to fit in as they assimilated, NOT b/c we wanted to "rain on your parade." The absurdity of a bunch of Jews fresh off the boat coming and sitting around discussing "How to get the Christians ... I know we'll make Hanukkah JUST as fun as Chritmas!! That will fix them. We've got latkes, they've got bubkes!" - is absurdity at it best.

Hanukah is a mid-winter "light festival," just like Chritmas. THAT'S why it stuck and why Christmas is celebrated at the end of December instead of around March (or September) when Jesus was actually probably born.

There is no "war" on Christmas. Anything else is hogwash.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:01 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Why did you omit that the woman wanted to put a Hannukah song in??

Why omit that?

One thing is for sure, "Muslims" are not anti-Christmas, the War on Christmas is a distinctively Jewish-led phenomenon.
BS... we don't care about your stupid holiday, and to be honest I wish you'd all shut up about it. If I had my way Chanukah would be in like April, and then you'd have nothing to use against us - because for the most part, we are actually annoyed that it's turned into a competition. Goodwill and cheer my butt.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
Hanukkah was elevated b/c Jews in America (actually Europe) wanted to fit in as they assimilated, NOT b/c we wanted to "rain on your parade." The absurdity of a bunch of Jews fresh off the boat coming and sitting around discussing "How to get the Christians ... I know we'll make Hanukkah JUST as fun as Chritmas!! That will fix them." - is absurdity at it best.
I totally disagree with you on all facets of that interpretation. You are of course entitled to your opinion.

PS Discussing what was on the minds of Jews from Russia "right off the boat" is another long snot related to this thread. It is my opinion, with much back up, that those immigrants were steeped in Marxist and Bolshevik ideas.

Take a look at the book "The Jewish Century" by Yuri Slezkine.

I see attacks against Christianity and the Christian majority here(aka "how to get the Christian"), either through "atheism" or "elevation of Hannukah" as completely consistent with Bolshevik and Marxist ideas. Totally consistent and outright predictable.

yeah, those innocent "right off the boat" immigrants never started any Leftist cultural movements in the United States. Sure.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:09 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to planetsurf again."

Well, I tried! This whole concept is absurd, and for some it's apparently a (thinly veiled) cover-up for prejudices.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to planetsurf again."

Well, I tried! This whole concept is absurd, and for some it's apparently a (thinly veiled) cover-up for prejudices.
Prejudice means you pre-judge something.

There is plenty of back-up for what I am saying. Plus the OBVIOUS fact that Christians don't war against their own holiday, and it's still not been shown that Muslims do. Who does that leave?

That's about as post-judicial an analysis that one could do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies