Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM

147 posts, read 91,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Where do you get that I hate christmas or even christians for that matter? And by traitor, am I to surmise you mean 'race traitor'?
If I were to honor my ancestors I would be out worshipping an Oak tree as oppossed to roasting marshmallows over the open fire....but whatever, I get your point.
Better to bend over and take it from the Christians then the Muslims, right? What are your views about Halloween and Harry Potter? There are some Christians that would ban both, in the name of god. That is not the America I want to live in. But guess what? I also want an America that has Christmas lights strung down main street in the month of December. I like seeing the Salvation Army bell ringers (and my cold carbon atheist heart has even been known to drop some cash in as I wish the bellringer a 'Merry Christmas'), I enjoy carols and santas and all that. I would never take that away from anyone, and as I said in my first post in this thread -- anyone who does make a stink about it is clearly a famewh*re or a thin skinned prig.
How about you, peachy? You willing to live and let live via Halloween, Harry Potter books and buying beer on Sunday?
Just think about it? OK?

Preserving Christmas is equal to preserving part of our cultural traditions. Christmas never hurt anyone. It boggles the minds of good people why there is so much hostility towards Christmas from non-Muslims and non-Jews (at least those people one could understand hostility from).

Don't you European Christian-descended people have something better to do? than trash a Western tradition that ALL of our ancestors celebrated at some point????? Even if you no longer believe?

Old 12-11-2008, 03:16 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I like seeing the Salvation Army bell ringers (and my cold carbon atheist heart has even been known to drop some cash in as I wish the bellringer a 'Merry Christmas')
I just gave $5 to the local guy at our grocery store. And I did it even though I was totally annoyed at a situation that happened inside the store, I guess it made me feel better.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachytree View Post
My agenda is the truth.
Your agenda is to bash Jews.
Quote:
If anything I've said is false then show it,
"A woman filed a lawsuit."
Quote:
otherwise stop making personal attacks!! Stick to the subject. No personal attacks, they are for weak-minded people.
Project much?

Old 12-11-2008, 03:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Just think about it? OK?

Preserving Christmas is equal to preserving part of our cultural traditions. Christmas never hurt anyone. It boggles the minds of good people why there is so much hostility towards Christmas from non-Muslims and non-Jews (at least those people one could understand hostility from).

Don't you European Christian-descended people have something better to do? than trash a Western tradition that ALL of our ancestors celebrated at some point????? Even if you no longer believe?
Um... the majority of my ancestors never celebrated Christmas. They celebrated the Soltice or Saturnalia. And they've been living in 'western civilization' for generations. I could say the same about the religious... Don't you have something better to do than wake me up and ask me about jesus on a Saturday morning??

Old 12-11-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Just think about it? OK?

Where are you seeing all this hostility towards christmas you keep mentioning? Oh, because of one story that was posted? As I've mentioned before, you seem to be the one all up in arms over, what? Because not everyone is a christian? Guess what, I'm an atheist & I don't have a problem w/christmas. I simply don't even equate it to god, that's how I deal w/christmas.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Where are you seeing all this hostility towards christmas you keep mentioning? Oh, because of one story that was posted? As I've mentioned before, you seem to be the one all up in arms over, what? Because not everyone is a christian? Guess what, I'm an atheist & I don't have a problem w/christmas. I simply don't even equate it to god, that's how I deal w/christmas.
No, you "atheists" are so hell-bent on hating Christians for some bizarre reason.

Let's go over this again. If you are Jew or Muslim, hostilty towards Christmas and Christians can be understood and even expected, although from my observations it is the Jew, and not the Muslim, that we find behind most Christmas-related hate and hostility.

What bugs me is not that "not everyone is a Christian". The point is:

Why do so many people who were born to Christian ancestors, or people whose ancestors' countries were culturally attached to it (European-descended Whites for example) have so much hatred for Christmas? It makes no sense.

You don't see atheist or secular Jews on a mission to eliminate their fellow Jews' holidays and traditions, do you?

It just a saddens me to see so many, and mostly White, Americans so hostile to a Western cultural tradition. Even most nominal Chrisitans probably don't always "believe" (look at Mother Teresa), but they don't go haywire an attack their culture's holiday.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:39 PM

512 posts, read 712,582 times
Quote:
Why did you omit that the woman wanted to put a Hannukah song in??

Why omit that?

One thing is for sure, "Muslims" are not anti-Christmas, the War on Christmas is a distinctively Jewish-led phenomenon.

(I guess some White "atheists" go along with them too, many Liberal Whites are followers of jewish-led academic and ideological movements, for some reason.)

however:
If the minor jewish holiday of Hannukah landed in October, it'd be about as famous as Purim. Instead, the Jews have elevated Hannukah soley to compete with, dilute, and efface Christians' major holiday. Why can't people let the Chrisitians have their holiday in peace????
Wow, because this time of year doesn't belong to christians. there are many holidays that fall this time of year, and one holiday does not need to dominate the whole season.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 PM

710 posts, read 2,233,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
Wow, because this time of year doesn't belong to christians. there are many holidays that fall this time of year, and one holiday does not need to dominate the whole season.
Small minds are much distressed by little things.

Happy Everything!

Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
No, you "atheists" are so hell-bent on hating Christians for some bizarre reason.

Let's go over this again. If you are Jew or Muslim, hostilty towards Christmas and Christians can be understood and even expected, although from my observations it is the Jew, and not the Muslim, that we find behind most Christmas-related hate and hostility.

What bugs me is not that "not everyone is a Christian". The point is:

Why do so many people who were born to Christian ancestors, or people whose ancestors' countries were culturally attached to it (European-descended Whites for example) have so much hatred for Christmas? It makes no sense.

You don't see atheist or secular Jews on a mission to eliminate their fellow Jews' holidays and traditions, do you?

It just a saddens me to see so many, and mostly White, Americans so hostile to a Western cultural tradition. Even most nominal Chrisitans probably don't always "believe" (look at Mother Teresa), but they don't go haywire an attack their culture's holiday.
It's called "having the right to believe or not believe". And clearly, you may want to start a new thread on this because this has nothing to do w/the thread at hand.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
We've been through this.

If the minor Jewish holiday of Hannukah was in October, it would be about as famous as Purim.

Instead Jews have elevated it to compete with, dilute, and efface the Christmas holiday. The cultural marxist creation of the racist holiday of Kwanzaa was a page out of that playbook.

How would Jews like it if every Yom Kippur or Rosh Hoshannah, the Christians decided to elevate that day's Saint holiday way out of proportion, and then demand "equality", start filing lawsuits, have an organized propaganda campaign (with implict media support), and all the rest of that kind of mendacity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies