Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 03:43 PM

138 posts, read 195,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You are incorrect. Coincidentally, googling those numbers you gave, the #1 link is a white nationalist website.

8.8% of total murders in 2005 were black on white. Nice generalizations.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide Trends in the United States: Trends the racial composition of homicides table (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/tables/ovracetab.htm - broken link)
I don't see what your point is.

You've shown that black-on-white race crime is higher than vice-versa, yet the "SPLC" only concerns itself with a one-sided outlook. That's the point here.

Why is the SPLC biased against Whites?

Do you even deny this?

Old 12-10-2008, 03:59 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Who knew there were so many Klan supporters still around? I guess Obama becoming president has got your sheets all in a wad.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:15 PM

223 posts, read 537,810 times
LOL....even Dee's wife must be a Klan supporter. Kinda like Bush saying, "you're either with us or you're with the terrorist"! Yeah, right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Who knew there were so many Klan supporters still around? I guess Obama becoming president has got your sheets all in a wad.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:18 PM

72 posts, read 94,745 times
Quote:
Here we go with the cheap "klan" comments when the anti-White racists get defeated with their stupidity or caught with their lies.

Marlow: You're hired!! The SPLC needs people like you.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:49 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachytree View Post
Why does a racist, anti-White hate group like the SPLC fool so many good people??
I don't know, but I wished we could kick them the hell out of our state. That organization is not southern, and it damn sure doesn't have anything to do with poverty. They should be forced to change their name at least.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:08 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
They have an interest in making sure racism is still around.
Face it if racism fades they have no funds and no jobs.
Alot of "Hate Crimes" are hoax's or some stupid teen's prank.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:34 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
It still strikes me as we dont like this persons thoughts and viewpoints add another..
2 years to the sentence.We dont need extra laws regarding this...
How often is a hate crime law used when Whites are the victim?

Probably never since only white middle class males can be racist, didn't cha know?

As a previous poster said. If you commit a crime you should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If you commit an assault it shouldn't matter if you did it over race, religion, a road rage incedent or an arguement over sports teams. You commit the crime you do the time.

If a couple of punks stalk me and beat the heck out of me in order to steal my wallet is that less of a crime than a couple of rednecks beating an African American because he was "uppity" or a couple of African Americans beating up a Korean store owner because they don't want him in their neighborhood?

I think all three crimes are equal and all three should be prosecuted the same.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:59 AM

147 posts, read 91,236 times
The biggest thing that needs to happen is for media, government, and journalists to STOP using hate orgs like the Jewish ADL and the SPLC as credible sources -- when they are anything but.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:17 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
By taking pro bono cases that few others would pursue, Morris Dees and Joseph J. Levin, Jr. helped implement the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Some of their early lawsuits resulted in the desegregation of recreational facilities, the reapportionment of the Alabama legislature and the integration of the Alabama State Troopers.
SPLC attorneys developed strategies to hold white supremacist leaders accountable for their followers' violence. Suing for monetary damages for victims of Klan violence, the Southern Poverty Law Center was able to bankrupt several major Klan organizations and to draw national attention to the growing threat of white supremacist activity.

SPLC civil suits would eventually result in judgments against 46 individuals and nine major white supremacist organizations for their roles in hate crimes. Multimillion-dollar judgments against the United Klans of America and the neo-Nazi Aryan Nations effectively put those organizations out of business. Other suits halted harassment of Vietnamese fishermen in Texas by the Knights of the KKK and paramilitary training by the White Patriot Party in North Carolina.

SPLCenter.org: Southern Poverty Law Center History
SPLCenter.org: Landmark Cases (http://www.splcenter.org/legal/landmark/challenge.jsp - broken link)

SPLCenter.org: Financial Information

On this map you'll see that black separatist groups are listed as hate groups - the SPLC doesn't focus only on white racist groups. SPLCenter.org: Hate Groups Map
The SPLC lists my current VT city as a KKK stronghold. Nothing could be farther from the truth. There isn't any big KKK group here. If the KKK marched here they'd likely need police protection.

Second, they're bigots themselves. Their smears of all militia groups, for instance, as racists/etc. were and still are ridiculous. Best example of their stupidity I know of was when they (along with the ADL) referred to the OH Militia as a white supremacist group, and a rally they held in front of the Lincoln Memorial as a white supremacist gathering. Problem? J.J. Johnson, its leader, was Black himself, and racism was expressly forbidden...

You absolutely can't trust the SPLC. They do a lot of fear mongering to get money.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:20 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
The SPLC is not an anti-White racist hate group. They've done lots and lots of good legal work on behalf of victims of crimes perpetrated by white supremecists (sp?). I do think Morris Dees has a huge ego and that they are relentless fundraisers, but they have a long history fighting racism and representing people who would otherwise go without representation.
Dees is enriching himself. He may win a settlement for, say, $100,000+, and the person he went on behalf of may get at most $20,000, Dees pockets the rest (plus legal fees he collects in many of his suits from the defendant).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies