Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 11:27 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I am repulsed by the mentally sick making a point of saying "Merry Christmas" NOT out of a sense of well wishing but out of a sense of shoving it down other's throats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
Agree. Is saying "Merry Christmas" with a sense of malice and protest really in keeping with the season?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 11:54 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,756 times
Right on!

I love it!

Old 12-20-2008, 12:03 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
My goodness.....I can't recall anyone ever saying Merry Christmas with anything but a smile.Even as a non-believer I can appreciate a holiday season promoting peace and goodwill.
From the sounds of some of the crabby disgruntled people in this thread, I wonder what exactly it is they are really objecting to.
Maybe it just pisses them off to see anybody happy?

Old 12-20-2008, 12:05 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
My goodness.....I can't recall anyone ever saying Merry Christmas with anything but a smile.Even as a non-believer I can appreciate a holiday season promoting peace and goodwill.
From the sounds of some of the crabby disgruntled people in this thread, I wonder what exactly it is they are really objecting to.
They have such a hatred for Christians that they hate anything that makes Christians happy or that Christians support.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:08 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
Please remember this sentiment as the demographics of this country change (language, religion, etc).
Most of the illegals that Obama was to legalize are Hispanic Catholics so religiously speaking the US won't change much.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You haven't read all the posts and you chose to ignore those who say Merry Christmas out of spite.....lots of people smile when digging in the knife...it doesn't mean they're happy.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:16 PM

I did read all the posts.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:43 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yes, the sign has been vandalized before. It has always turned out that either Rosicrucians or Druids were behind it.
Don't forget the Scientologists.

Quote:
No, the sign was actually found in its ditch by a local citizen who dutifully returned it to the studios of KMPS, a local country music radio station, from whence it was transported back to the Legislative Building, this time with a sign reading "Thou Shalt Not Steal" affixed to the back of it. Apparently, some need constant reminders.
Some also need to be reominded that mocking the faith of others is ugly and cheap...

Quote:
23% of Washington state residents are non-religious. The number is growing. Rapidly.
That number includes me. But I'll never condone the kind of ugliness that Gregoire and the atheists engage in...

Old 12-20-2008, 03:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieD27 View Post
I thought fireworks were mainly for July 4th or Chinese New Years. Lately I'm seeing these ridiculously tacky looking inflatable snowmen or Santas on front lawns. They make it more like a cheap carnival environment than a religious holiday. I always take note that after all the Christmas shopping is done and Christmas Eve, Christmans Day and the unwrapping all the gifts is over, it seems as if that's that, I'm not Christian, but doesn't Christmas last twelve days? It is way too commercialized and somewhat pagan-like in the way that people make such a big fuss over the ornamental factor. Is that really what matters. If you truly are celebrating the birth of what some consider their Lord, are blow up toys, banged out credit cards and fireworks the way to do it? What would Jesus say?

In truth, when I see commercials for "Chia Pet" and The Clapper" I remember that Christmas is coming.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 12-20-2008 at 04:16 PM..

Old 12-20-2008, 03:35 PM

(Caution...irrelevent post)
While I admit to enjoying most Xmas decorations whoever invented those blowups should be taken out and shot.
This should not be taken as a cheap shot against those who buy them.(Is that possible ?LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies