Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 08:27 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times

Advertisements

Does not bode well that this is not front page news in every newspaper and news station!

The report is the result of a nearly two-year investigation that directly links President Bush's policies after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, legal memos on torture, and interrogation rule changes with the abuse photographed at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq four years ago. Much of the report remains classified. Unclassified portions of the report were released by the committee Thursday.

Panel blames White House, not soldiers, for abuse - USATODAY.com

Last edited by sickofnyc; 12-11-2008 at 08:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 08:42 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
It was only posted 7 minutes ago at USA Today as far as I see... - ?

WOW. Good.

'Administration officials publicly blamed the abuses on low-level soldiers - the work "of a few bad apples."'

^ I think that's a direct Cheney quote.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:43 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
I'm curious as to what career military types will have to say about this, as from what I gather thus far is that more are opposed to its use that for it.

Didn't Bush already pardon himself for this one just in case it was suddenly discovered to be illegal?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It was only posted 7 minutes ago at USA Today as far as I see... - ?

WOW. Good.

'Administration officials publicly blamed the abuses on low-level soldiers - the work "of a few bad apples."'

^ I think that's a direct Cheney quote.
But what will come of this? Everyday another unbelievable issue comes up and it makes one's head spin. Why is this not all over the news?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I'm curious as to what career military types will have to say about this, as from what I gather thus far is that more are opposed to its use that for it.

Didn't Bush already pardon himself for this one just in case it was suddenly discovered to be illegal?
Does it matter anymore? I'm so tired of all of this. They have destroyed what The United States stands for. Mike Malloy is on the radio and he's wondering what would have happened if Gore had said "Count the damn votes!"

Old 12-11-2008, 09:42 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Does it matter anymore? I'm so tired of all of this. They have destroyed what The United States stands for. Mike Malloy is on the radio and he's wondering what would have happened if Gore had said "Count the damn votes!"
Well it matter to me because depending upon the level that the military would push back or speak against such acts is to me a good indicator of the national mood or sentiment. While you and I might find ourselves indignant over it, we don't really matter or count unless we take to the streets by the millions. American's getting worked up enough to take to the streets is about as likely as a secured peace in the Middle East by Christmas.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Well it matter to me because depending upon the level that the military would push back or speak against such acts is to me a good indicator of the national mood or sentiment. While you and I might find ourselves indignant over it, we don't really matter or count unless we take to the streets by the millions. American's getting worked up enough to take to the streets is about as likely as a secured peace in the Middle East by Christmas.
America appears to be anesthetized. Maybe the bombardment of bad news has made people numb. I'm disgusted with everything from no oversight on the Bailout money for Wall Street to seeing Bush interviewed on TV as if he deserves to be sitting in a studio instead of rottting in a jail cell. How can a person not believe in far fetched conspiracy theories when the rate of corruption, thievery and Orwellian tactics are prevalent? The news has been cancelled due to corporate run media and what are their plans for the internet? It is so in your face and blatant and yet not justice is served. A President can be a willing participant in crimes against his own country and then pardon the whole stinking bunch of his criminal cronies. The whole thing is beyond bizarre. $700 Billion Bailout...And executives are still taking millions in bonuses. The idiot Kashkari is giving Congress the runaround and why was this guy given the control of taxpayer's money anyway? Will this ever end?

Old 12-12-2008, 01:02 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,126 times
I think that most Americans capacity for outrage ran out like 4 years ago. I know mine did and I just started laughing once I realized that Cheney and Bush were like the Dukes of Hazzard and the rest of us are Boss Hog.

What are those Duke boys gonna get away with next time?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies