Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 02:03 AM

17 posts, read 45,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Shoot yourself a few days of good video of all this crap going on and give it to your city council. Tell them you want some action taken on this, make sure the date and time is recorded on the video when you shoot it. I think it may be a little hard for your neighbors to lie about what goes on there then.

I did that. I also took pictures of all the vehicles (14 at one point) that filled the driveway and street when they're all home at night. The city wasn't even interested in looking at it. Check this out; when I first reported overcrowding in these homes to the city, code enforcement sent them a letter telling them of the upcoming inspection date. Guess what? The night before the inspection I saw them moving out three wellworn futon beds from one house and a small fridge. Three days later activity resumed as normal. I only realized later what had happened when I spoke to code enforcement regarding updates on my complaint. I told the code enforcement people that it was stupid to let them know in advance about the inspection but the city guy told me this wasn't Russia and they just can't go out there unannounced and ask to inspect the inside of a home. Good point. Too bad these people break the law then depend on the same law to help them get away with it. No wonder they love this country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 02:19 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingCornered View Post
I did that. I also took pictures of all the vehicles (14 at one point) that filled the driveway and street when they're all home at night. The city wasn't even interested in looking at it. Check this out; when I first reported overcrowding in these homes to the city, code enforcement sent them a letter telling them of the upcoming inspection date. Guess what? The night before the inspection I saw them moving out three wellworn futon beds from one house and a small fridge. Three days later activity resumed as normal. I only realized later what had happened when I spoke to code enforcement regarding updates on my complaint. I told the code enforcement people that it was stupid to let them know in advance about the inspection but the city guy told me this wasn't Russia and they just can't go out there unannounced and ask to inspect the inside of a home. Good point. Too bad these people break the law then depend on the same law to help them get away with it. No wonder they love this country!
I saw so much of that in SW Michigan , when I lived around the Blueberry fields. Lots of junker cars , no plates , no drivers License , no insurance , yet , the troopers just looked the other way , I know , a trooper was an acquaintance .

Old 12-14-2008, 02:40 AM

956 posts, read 3,001,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
There are laws covering every complaint you mentioned. The City will definately act of you contact them, unless you are the problem, and don't like poeple from other countries.
Too many people in a dwelling is ilegal, loud noise, illegal. The City will definately act.
Which city is this? If it's a Southern California city, he can probably forget about any help, particularly if it's to do with unruly immigrants, as cities such as L.A. and others have a hands-off policy towards immigrants and their bad behavior.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:41 AM

956 posts, read 3,001,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
move out of so cal
Where should he go? Even Idaho is going to become part of Upper-Mexico before not long.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:43 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingCornered View Post
I'm usually satisfied with just reading other peoples posts, but now I have a problem and I'm feeling cornered and need advice so I took the big step and regidstered.

Turns out I moved from my previous home (an apt) because a family of immigrants moved right next door to me and my quality of life -which was pretty much OK until then- went completely down the tubes. These people started cramming renters into every nook & cranny of their apt until their 2-bedroom 1 bath had 12 people living in it. If you can call that 'living' that is. There was loud music at all hours, constant banging against the walls, trash, strangers coming and going at odd hours. Basically these people came directly from some 4th world cesspool and had absolutely no intentions whatsoever of adapting or learning our rules. I complained to the apt manager but it turns out he was from the same country as these people and so was extremely lenient towards them. The city didn't offer any solutions either and told me it was a police issue, the cops told me it was a city matter, you get the picture.

My wife and I decided to move out to a home so we scouted out an affordable, decent area and purposely chose a house sandwiched between two excellent neighbors (well-kept lawns & houses, few cars in driveway, few occupants per home). WE really did our homwwork because I didn't want to windup repeating the experience of the past.

The aftr a couple of years of bliss lo & behold both of my neighbors on either side moved on thanks to the housing bubble (they sold their homes for over twice what they paid!) and would you believe I get two new families coming in from the same country of the people I had at the apt before and the crap started all over again!

They're renting out every nook & cranny, loud music at all hours, trash, strangers coming and going at odd hours, twenty cars overflowing from the driveway into the streets. I call the cops they say it's a city thing, I call the city they say call the cops.

I'M NOT GOING TO MOVE AGAIN that's for dang sure! This'll be my Fort Alamo. I'm going down like Davy Crockett. There's no escaping these vermin anyway, not on my salary at least.
That's one of the unmentioned secondary aspects of the recent housing bubble: it allowed deadbeats like these people who speak almost no English and have landscaping jobs to move into more traditionally American areas. I have no problem at all with that but instead of them adapting to our customs they impose their crappy lifestyles on us!

Examples; One day a food vendor truck passed by my street by mistake (they usually never came to the area before) and these two faimlies were out on their lawns as usual washing their many cars and blasting that awful music of theirs so they bought some stuff from the truckvendor. Now I have all kinds of vendors patrolling the streets with trucks, pushcarts and on foot door to door.

Long rant but I really really really really needed to vent my frustration somehow and I hope someone can give me some good advice as to what to do with my situation.

Oh BTW I'm in Southern CA.
Have you called Immigrations? For all those who cry about how we need to allow the illegals in this country; your situation is exactly what they should have to live with. I hope you get this resolved.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:48 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Hmmm, do I feel bad for you? Not really, we all have our neighbor problems. Go to the city's department of neighborhood services & go that route instead of bitching on here.
Why do you consider him "bitching" on here. It goes on in all forums; a way to vent frustration and gather others ideas. Neighborhood problems are increasing all over the U.S. with people slithering over the borders and those in the U.S. holding their hands out thinking everyone owes them something.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:22 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,286 times
The other option is you could become the neighbor from hell............there are lots of post across the internet on dirty little tricks that neighbors have pulled on one another........ and Im not talking about the obvious ones like nails in the drive.....................
Nope........google neighbors from helllllll and you will get some serious pay back ideas.........................

Old 12-14-2008, 07:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Well you have already decided to go down with your Ft.Alamo, and you will there's no winning this one unless you move or make it a full time job to get your city officials to act.
I was in a similiar situation and for my peace of mind, blood pressure, and before I shot someone I simply took a loss on my home bit the bullit and moved. Was it worth it? Everyday I wake up with peace and quiet it is.
I think when you sell, find out first if the neighbors are nortenos or surenos and sell to the other side so at least they can be paid back.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:38 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think when you sell, find out first if the neighbors are nortenos or surenos and sell to the other side so at least they can be paid back.
Oh.............Mal, that was just pure evil

Old 12-14-2008, 11:08 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,007,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeist View Post
I don't know why we continue to allow an unlimited amount of Mexicans and others from Latin America into this country. Almost every place they go amass crime goes up, the quality of living goes down and the cities begin to resemble Tijauan and Juarez, complete with the gangs, donkeys, loud music, and other garbage -- and we're all supposed to say 'diversity benefits us all'.
Is this even real?

This 'alleged' problem in the first place?
To have a "legitimate" thread to spout racist cr@p on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies