Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 03:32 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,234,921 times

Advertisements

And if I had an agenda, I might pull out my credentials to make my argument look more credible, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 04:05 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,768,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
...I've never made a cellphone call from a plane in the air. How does the signal get transferred from cell tower to cell tower (as the plane travels at 400mph+) without losing the call?...
On one flight I watched someone texting back and forth with someone from what looked about 10K up (we were over the Puyallup / Auburn area, coming into Seatac for anyone who is familiar with the route). She kept it up all the way until we were at the gate and never seemed to have any problems.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:14 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,728,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Thanks, OP. I went to a 911 conference here in Phoenix and what clinched it for me was listening to a couple of very experience airline pilots discussing the impossibility of the pentagon maneuver by some terrorists. Even this pilot, with 25 years experience, said he didn't know if he could have navigated the jet liner as the powers that be have stated.

I guess I've grown accustomed to the horrific thought and most likely probable reality that 911 was an inside job. I mean...c'mon, what was up with NORAD standing down?

At any rate, the people who would accuse you of being a lunatic can simply not see beyond the obvious, as it would shatter their world view and view of what the US is about, so instead they just name call and project their fear onto both those who can see it as well as those who seek to illuminate the truth.
So you think a the dumbest President ever in a goverment that can't do anything right pulled the wool over the whole world without anyone finding out? You actually believe that nonsense?

Old 12-14-2008, 04:26 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,287,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
So you think a the dumbest President ever in a goverment that can't do anything right pulled the wool over the whole world without anyone finding out? You actually believe that nonsense?
Now THAT'S the best argument ever!!!!

Ken

Old 12-14-2008, 04:31 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,411,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
Just throwing it out there.

What do you think about what he says?

I've always thought the "real" story was far-fetched, myself... how could the "terrorists" fly like those planes like Tom Cruise in Top Gun? Especially the one who gently glided the plane into the Pentagon! Absurd, really.

Listen to this guy --- very interesting. He's flown the planes, and obviously should know what he's talking about.

Pilot who flew 2 planes used on 9/11 doesn't believe official story
Those pesky stupid Arabs could never figure out how to fly a plane with precision.

Just turn it to the history channel right now.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:32 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,411,067 times
Quote:

Don't forget all those public servants who are also covering up the ones that died trying to save people and the ones still alive that witnessed it. And of course all the other people that witnessed it in one of the most populace areas of the country.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:33 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,438,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
On one flight I watched someone texting back and forth with someone from what looked about 10K up (we were over the Puyallup / Auburn area, coming into Seatac for anyone who is familiar with the route). She kept it up all the way until we were at the gate and never seemed to have any problems.
That's a far cry from 35K. At that time, it wasn't possible to make a cell phone call that high up.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:34 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,438,959 times
Quote:
It's not nonsense. What is nonsense is the official story and people gullible enough not to research it, question it, and to not doubt it.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:36 PM

540 posts, read 629,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Two words for you:

Luna
Tic

Sorry, I just don't buy it.

Ken
Love it

Old 12-14-2008, 04:44 PM

442 posts, read 789,778 times
Troll (n): A desperate idiot who posts deliberately provocative messages to a forum with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

There's one solution for this thread and its many trolls, and it would be to ignore it and the "truther" dirt bags who use tragedies to perpetuate conspiracies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies