Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 09:39 AM

114 posts, read 120,379 times

Advertisements

Today in Bush History, 12/31...
A Grim New Year's Eve Milestone in Iraq & a Moving NY Times Wish

A grim milestone on this New Year's eve in 2006, as the US notes 3,000 dead in Iraq.

Also, in light of the historic election of 2008, it's worth reading this excerpt from last year's New York Times (2007); it's a moving wish for the new year.

Finally, a bushel of Bushisms, and a very nice, very relevant New Year's message from "the first American", Benjamin Franklin.

More details, from the 2009 Bush Blunder Calendar ...
12/31 A New Year’s Eve Round-up, & A Grim Milestone in Iraq | Poor George’s Almanac

Today's category: Bushisms, Iraq
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 09:15 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Y A W N

Just another troll thread.
Doesn't the sand get up your nose and in your ears when you bury your head in the sand?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 AM

Default Bush History-Duct Tape Censorship, 1/2

Today in Bush History, 1/2 ...
Duct Tape Censorship: Keeping the People's Business Hidden from the People

On this date, reports hit the news (2006) that the CIA had pre-war info that indicated Saddam might well have given up nuke work.

Also, in 2008 15 fed-up states sue Bush's EPA when they are prohibited from setting tougher than Bush auto standards, to fight global warming. In an effort to keep its motives secret the White House engages in some duct tape censorship.

And a related Bushism.

1/2 Duct Tape Censorship: Keeping the People’s Business Hidden from the People | Poor George’s Almanac

Today's category: Bushisms, Global Warming Denial, Iraq, The Corporation's Yes Man

Old 01-02-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Doesn't the sand get up your nose and in your ears when you bury your head in the sand?
Thanks AN!

That yawn, snooze thing is the most overused cliched response across the internet. It surprises me when once in awhile I still see someone doing it.

It says "look at me. I have nothing intelligent to say, and I can't argue the facts of what you say. All I can do is repeat something we've all seen like a thousand times before." Lame.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:32 AM

Default Bush History-Bush's Hard, Very Hard, Oh So Hard, Night, 1/3

Today in Bush History, 1/3 ...
Bush Pulls a Fast One on Our Congress, & His Hard, Very Hard, Oh So Hard, Night

In 2006 we find Bush pleading for renewal of the Patriot Act, saying that our Constitution would not be violated as "There's oversight on this important program". Once passed, Bush leaps into action, significantly undermining the oversight he promised in order to get the bill passed.

Also, highlights of Bush's hard, oh so hard, night with John Kerry in September 2004.

1/3 Bush Promises One Thing, Then Writes Himself a Loophole | Poor George’s Almanac

Today's category: Bushisms, Constitutional Abuse

Old 01-03-2009, 10:35 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,049 times
Like obama will be anything worth having.....NOT !!!

Old 01-03-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Like obama will be anything worth having.....NOT !!!
Yes, we can make no promises about Obama. He may be a great president, or on OK president, or maybe a bad one. The chance that he will be george-bush-abysamal however is VERY SMALL.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:12 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueButGlad View Post
Yes, we can make no promises about Obama. He may be a great president, or on OK president, or maybe a bad one. The chance that he will be george-bush-abysamal however is VERY SMALL.

It's not looking good for obama already, look at the disasters he has been stuffing in his cabnet. So much for a good change!!! Just old taxpayer crooks, everyone of them. I had high hopes for him until I seen the crap he has been picking for positions. More same ole same ole, just change the dirtbags name on the door. I'm disappointed already.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:49 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
Quote:
It's not looking good for obama already, look at the disasters he has been stuffing in his cabnet. So much for a good change!!! Just old taxpayer crooks, everyone of them. I had high hopes for him until I seen the crap he has been picking for positions. More same ole same ole, just change the dirtbags name on the door. I'm disappointed already.
Don't be disappointed yet - there is no cause - he's not even taken office.

Look at the policy that he proposes - like his Economic Recovery and Reinvestment act - which is a quantum-leap change from the Bush years...

Instead of p_i_s_s_i_n_g money away on tax cuts for the uber-rich or needless and expensive wars - he is reinvesting in our infrastructure and aiming to create 3 million good paying jobs to boost the economy...

Republicans of course will play the obstructionist role - but I believe public outrage against them will convince them to go along with Obama - especially during his first year or 2...

Old 01-04-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
He's made some stellar appointments. Individuals, for example, who realize that climate change is real, and maybe we should do something about it before our costal cities sink below the ocean. A big change from Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies