Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Source: Gov. Paterson was underwhelmed with Caroline Kennedy from the start

Quote:
In meetings, the governor and his aides decided she had no political depth, the source said.

She had no firmly held views and little idea about why she wanted the job, the source said.

Her abysmal public rollout cemented the governor's fears that she had no political instincts.

The governor felt the sheltered Kennedy had no communication skills and absolutely no empathy with the voters, the source said.
I guess banking on your parents name and fame only goes so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 05:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
She sucked. Even worse was she was given a pass on her 12 am rejection of the seat. Not one word, one story, no wardrobe drama or quasi-surrogate babies. You know you know you know....

Old 01-24-2009, 05:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

I guess banking on your parents name and fame only goes so far.

No more than two terms, tops.

http://tinadupuy.com/Bush-idiot.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-24-2009, 05:50 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,027,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Paterson was able to see right through her!

Old 01-24-2009, 05:57 PM

425 posts, read 1,093,461 times
Now the TV pundits are saying Patterson can forget about winning an election without the support of the Kennedys. I say bull. He gave her a chance and she blew it.

I'm glad. She was wholly unqualified for the job.

America has had enough of these self-entitled people who get ahead because of the family they were born into. It's been a disaster for the last eight years, and we never would have had to endure it if George's last name had been anything but BUSH.

C-ya Caroline - go back to Park Avenue.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:54 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No more than two terms, tops.
too-shay.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:03 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Paterson's a sharp cookie, and I suspect the Kennedys will be more eager to forgive and forget than they may seem at the moment. He's racked up a lot of goodwill from the Republicans in his state.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:09 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
too-shay.

One guess who the President with the highest approval rating in the history of the presidency was?

Old 01-24-2009, 11:13 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
Now the TV pundits are saying Patterson can forget about winning an election without the support of the Kennedys. I say bull. He gave her a chance and she blew it.

I'm glad. She was wholly unqualified for the job.

America has had enough of these self-entitled people who get ahead because of the family they were born into. It's been a disaster for the last eight years, and we never would have had to endure it if George's last name had been anything but BUSH.

C-ya Caroline - go back to Park Avenue.

Yeah, Why should she get ahead because of the family she was born into? That makes no sense at all. The only reason someone should get ahead in America is because of the minority group they are born into.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
One guess who the President with the highest approval rating in the history of the presidency was?
Don't you mean lowest when he left office?

Doesn't Obama have the highest rating of all presidents going into office. I believe so.

Inauguration: Obama approval rating high

My guess is that when Gallup comes out with its first post-inauguration approval ratings for Obama later this week, it will show him with about 76 percent approval, 11 percent disapproval and 13 percent uncertain, which would indeed be the best numbers on record for a newly-elected president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies