Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 06:48 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
Be very careful when you speak publicly about the President, it literally can get you put in jail. I understand your anger as many of us are but just watch your back before you end up with a knock on the door from the secret service.
The SS couldn't even stop a shoe being thrown at the president you think they can hunt down this guy?

I think the SS was hoping it would hit him that's why they and nobody else reacted until the second shoe was thrown

Old 12-15-2008, 06:52 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
What kind of alternate universe do you live in?

Where have you been for all of Bush's speeches linking Iraq to 911? Oh.my.God.
Can you believe that anybody could ask that question?

From Bush's September 28, 2002, radio address to the nation:
The danger to our country is grave and it is growing. The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the facilities to make more and, according to the British government, could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as 45 minutes after the order is given. The regime has long-standing and continuing ties to terrorist groups, and there are Al Qaeda terrorists inside Iraq. This regime is seeking a nuclear bomb, and with fissile material could build one within a year.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200808070010

If you go to the above link, you will see how Bush links Iraq to Al Qaeda over and over again. He is such a lying dog and deserves more than a pair of shoes flung at him.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:52 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Well if someone has the stones to charge him with a crime and win a FAIR trial then by all means. I certainly would not object to a fair trial based on facts.
Unfortunately , the economy has become a distraction . Hopefully there are enough people that will remember , once the world recession is also history. It would be a shame to see them get away with what they have done. On the other hand , it ain't over yet.......we still need to get our troops home.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 PM

164 posts, read 240,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
If a agent saw this happening yes he should have stepped in and stopped the man doing it but that meant he would have left the president open to another attach then no he should not ran to the man. What I am saying is you can be easily diverted but have to assess the situation and take appropiate response. There is a thing called the deadle force triangle before deadly force can be used.

Hey even medium level druglord's security has different defensive scenarios already drawn up and know beforehand who's job it is to defend actively and who passively. Passively means not leaving the protectee regardless of what happens while the former form a defensive barrier between the assailant/s and the source of the attack/s and provide fire cover if necessary.

And I don't know about 'deadle force triangles' but I do know the SS is allegedly trained to throw themselves between a projectile and the POTUS [MOD CUT]

PS: I did see the video. Maybe you should opine after you see what you're talking about next time? Just a suggestion

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-15-2008 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: crude language

Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 PM

804 posts, read 2,892,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Suurrrrrre, we take you seriously!

The war was neccesary as a true criminal like Saddam was disposed of and our country was kept safe from terrorism. The bad economy was of equal irresponsibility of both parties. Is Bush a good president? No, not really, but to call him a war criminal is, quite frankly, uninformed and retarded. OK Bruce? (oh, by the way, he is from the Northeast and was educated there in college so you again prove yourself to be a moron)
Good reply. I love how everyone associates Bush with Texas but he is moving back to the North East after the presidency is over so I heard, anyone know if that's true? I guess if people like Bruce had power then Saddam would still be killing thousands. Well we will just have to see how President Obama. I may not like the guy but I sure hope he does a good job. I never claim to be very political but it sure seems like he is putting a lot of Clinton era people back in power and that does not sound like a great idea and it is definatly not "CHANGE" because we have had the already.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:55 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
At least Obama voted against the illegal occupation of a sovereign nation
lol!

another confused kool-aide addict shows his stuff

Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 PM

164 posts, read 240,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Suurrrrrre, we take you seriously!

..... (oh, by the way, he is from the Northeast and was educated there in college so you again prove yourself to be a moron)

"Educated"? ...GW Bush?

Suuuurrrrre, we take you seriously

Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lol!

While it's true that Obama didn't, in fact, vote against the war in Iraq, that's just because he wasn't in the U.S. Congress at that time, he was still in the Illinois Congress. But I believe that if he had been in the U.S. Congress at the time he would have voted against it.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:58 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times
Gum. Nerves. Nerves? right.
Lonely Are the Brave (1962)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
I didn't read all of the posts, this may have been brought up before. But what I want to know is why on earth is he chewing gum????

Old 12-15-2008, 07:00 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lol!

The kool-aide we so fondly speak of was invented by the Righties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies