Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 04:38 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The FDA and the pharmaceutical industry...talk about corruption. Don't get me wrong. Your point about these industries relying on oil is accurate, but they do not need to. They are all partners in crime.
All part of a corrupt monetary system. But as far as something anyone in humanity can do what direction?

Old 12-17-2008, 04:46 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I already have in the first 20 pages. 600,000 deaths plus 4,000 soldiers. That numbers uses an illusionist form of calculations. The soldiers being a much more realistic number the 600,000 being a number including suicide bombers as if bush was suiting them up himself.
No, 600,000 refers to deaths of Iraqis. All the suicide bombers, to speak of, are affiliated with al-Qaeda. Few of them are Iraqis. They are interlopers, just like we are.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:57 PM

Ether way there was no end with possible multiplication of the problem. I understand the argument of why we picked Iraq however in a region where only Israel is your ally more allies in the region full of oil and opportunity doesn't sound so bad if I had a progressives agenda.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:12 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times
Quote:
In terms of how you extremist would understand

Bush = 600,000 towards death (using your numbers) a more civilized country.

Saddam = 600,000 accounted for a guess at how many more and two brutal dictator sons taking over power with a full hand in the deaths of many of the previous announcements.

Did you need another rebuttal? I still have yet to see you speak for yourself.
So it's not oil it's Saddam being a bad dude? Get your argument straight.

Also the next time you label me as "an extremist" or something similar to discredit my argument I'm not going to bother replying to your post. It's clear to me that if I present my perspective on the issue you're going to handwave it away with some name calling. Play nice and I might actually present my perspective instead of picking your argument apart.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:18 PM

No But the extremist presentation was about the most I could do to even get a explanatory reply.

It worked.....somewhat.

It's both as humanity relies on oil. If you remove our dependence on it you need to make sure you have the infrastructure to support that. If not you are one of those people working yourselves out of work, people and leading to mass famine.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:20 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times
Quote:
No But the extremist presentation was about the most I could do to even get a explanatory reply.

It worked.....somewhat.

It's both as humanity relies on oil. If you remove our dependence on it you need to make sure you have the infrastructure to support that. If not you are one of those people working yourselves out of work, people and leading to mass famine.
Could you just give me a yes or no answer to my previous question?

Old 12-17-2008, 05:57 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:

You can disagree with them but at some point you need to pack your bags and leave the country. *Juggling Act*
haha, that picture of Nixon, at first I actually thought it was a Halloween mask instead of his actual head.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:07 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,181 times
after 86 pages I suppose this has been around

Sock and Awe!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:10 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,131,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Damn! That was SO close! bummer.
Some of ya'll need to grow up.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:49 PM

540 posts, read 629,909 times
Hmmm, sounds like a challenge. Actually i forgot what the topic was -pages ago. Shall we reconstruct?
My point in the previous post is that no one pays much attention, one to another, as everyone has preconceived notions. When a person has preconceived notions that are extremist, thus ,my example of the lunatic left, little can be achieved in debating a worthless point of view. I undestand that this is the lunatic fringe and not much represented in numbers. I am not saying that every human being does not have worth ,as I believe all do. I am saying that many "points of view" are worthless, because they are not born of any reason.
Personally, I want to see all people do good. Even those who probably don't deserve to do good because of their efforts to tear down the positive things that positive people try to accomplish.
If someone is totally on the lunatic fringe I can't bring them back, only they can do that for themselves, so I take the occassion to have a little fun with it so as not to totally waste my time. If anyone out there wants to present a debateable presentation, well by golly let-her rip.
My bet is that if I stay cool and serious and don't challenge with other than reasonable scrutiny, that like Big Jon infers, we will not get 10 threads away from a post before the lunatic fringe raises its ugly head. I have one arm around your neck and one hand on your knee. Lets talk about the shoe throwing incident.

I think the sock tucker, that threw the shoe, is very lucky that he did not throw it at Saddam. I think Saddam would have smiled for the cameras and the next scene would be of a paraplegic begging to keep his head. So we can see already that America is having a positive influence in this culture. One of the great freedoms of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness is born, throwing your shoe at someone you disagree with without subsequently having to eat rice with your elbows. Ain't America great?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies