Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 07:43 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The media seems to be scrubbing their websites of the controversy. They seem to also forgot to ask Obama what staff members had dealings with Blago - afterall Obama did say "in a few days" he would be releasing the info. That was "a few" days ago.
You forgot that media mogul Sam Zell Chicago Tribune filed for bankruptcy only a few hours before Blago was arrested. Zell considers himself a conservative but has funded both conservative and liberal candidates. After a meeting with Clinton and Obama, Zell's LA Times endorsed a president for the first time, Obama. Zell himself has no expertise whatsoever in media. Supposedly the LA Times had some kind of controversial tape, which they admitted to having with Obama toasting Khalidi, but did not want to publish, sounds like blackmail to me, I wonder what's in it for the media and Zell come 1/20/2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 07:49 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Did Obama say that there was no need for a Federal investigation of Blagojevich?
You know, on second thought, whether or not he said that doesn't make a damn bit of difference. The fact that he's had so many questionable relations with so many shady people, and now with this one who appointed him his senate seat, should be enough to make people wonder. I'm just wondering why they're not saying it b'c I know they're thinking it. That was the point of this, as I made clear in my title.

I wasn't asking whether or not he said it. YOU were. YOU should've been the one to google it. Or were you too lazy?

Old 12-14-2008, 08:21 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,378,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Well, if we're going to be suspicious why stop there. Maybe all Senate seats were bought!!

...chaos indeed...
Then based upon their performance, we sure didn't charge them enough!

Old 12-14-2008, 08:22 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
If Obama said there's no need for a federal investigation on Blago, that the Illinois senate will handle it, why is no one admitting they may be suspicious as to whether Obama himself bought his senate seat? And if he did, would it be kept secret b'c of the chaos it would cause? I'm only asking what I'd ask of anyone in this position. We'd be stupid not to question it. Why is no one saying it out loud? Are they afraid to?
Ah, no, because Blago said horrible things about Obama and they dont' even associate? You wouldn't be a RIGHT WINGER grasping at straws, right?

Old 12-14-2008, 08:28 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Media Matters - CNN report accusing Obama of "getting a little dirty" in challenging political opponents ignored facts undermining allegations

On his state senate run but still...

Old 12-14-2008, 08:34 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
This is why Google exists. But if you are too lazy to Google the question then I would suggest that if your interest is in getting information that in the future such a request be made in the form of a question, as in:

Did Obama say that there was no need for a Federal investigation of Blagojevich?

And the question then wouldn't segue into a new accusation written to appear as an aspersion.
Oh you and your logic and common sense! You silly , boy! That's not how the OP operates...nor any other troll

And did you notice the subsequent post...proving I'm right about the troll thing

Old 12-14-2008, 11:01 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
If Obama said there's no need for a federal investigation on Blago, that the Illinois senate will handle it, why is no one admitting they may be suspicious as to whether Obama himself bought his senate seat?
Um, because he was elected?

Am I the only one here who remembers that?

Old 12-15-2008, 02:19 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
one who appointed him his senate seat,

But dear boy, Obama wasn't appointed, he was elected.

As for being high and mighty, dude, when it comes to debating some of you folks one doesn't have to be higher than knee high to a grasshopper and no more mighty than a featherweight.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:52 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,239,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Ah, no, because Blago said horrible things about Obama and they dont' even associate? You wouldn't be a RIGHT WINGER grasping at straws, right?
Why wait for inauguration? The right wing sneer, smear & fear machine is getting a head start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies